ramhard is offline Registered User

Beating a dead horse - big receivers

I think I just need to copy and save this post. For the last three years I have harped and harped for the Rams to draft a big receiver. He doesn't have to be the faster, or even run the super precise routes that Martz loves (the reason I think he doesn't draft or keep the big receivers), but he's physical and can win jump balls (when was the last time the Rams receivers won a jump ball like the ones the ******'s receivers won yesterday). He can shield dbacks with his body and be a big red zone threat. Even with an improved running attack without a big receiver, the redzone's lack of space and lanes shuts down the Rams passing attack and forces Bulger to try to be too precise in there. You know the Rams are small at receiver when Ridgeway, at 5'11 and 212 was considered a big physical receiver... the Lions would laugh at that with their trio of 6'3+ 220+ wideouts.

Time for the annual "compare the size of the Rams WR to the rest of the league and see how much smaller they are game"....

jkramsfan Guest

Re: Beating a dead horse - big receivers

I Agree With You,our Guys Are Not Physical, And Even Though We Dont Ask Them To Be Physical, There Are Times When It Would Help If They Were(ex.-jump Balls, Snatching The Ball From The Defender, Breaking Tackles).i Love The Group We Have But A Big Receiver Would Be Nice.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Plus RAC

Plus I admit I get tired of getting smirked at when our receivers dive to the ground rather than trying to break a tackle. Sometimes its prudent, but you see other receivers break tackles and get extra yardage, our receivers dont' do that because they... might fumble. Arghhh ... I know its Monday after a loss, calm down.