Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Been a hard week for me

Anyone else having a tough time with this week? The build up for this game seems much bigger than anything this team has had in the last few years. I am tired of reading about Bulger's no INT's, the plus 12 stat, how good we are, and how bad we are. All the predictions being made by the "experts". I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation. I am so nervous about a let down right now. My expectations for this team is beginning to build and I am afraid the world is going to come crashing down. I want this win so bad to tell the world to shut-up and take notice. We are back and we are taking no crap from anyone.

This my friends has been a VERY stressful week. I am just ready for kick off and for this game to be under way.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Been a hard week for me

Here is what is killing me, I have not missed a Rams game for at least 5 years. Well one of my buddies is turning forty and you gussed it I will not see the game live, I will have to tape it, now thats killing me.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Understandable. Hang in there Wraith, Rambos! :r

GO RAMS!
    GO RAMS!!
    GO RAMS!!!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Here is what is killing me, I have not missed a Rams game for at least 5 years. Well one of my buddies is turning forty and you gussed it I will not see the game live, I will have to tape it, now thats killing me.
    I know the feeling. I have to go to my parent's house to continue the "inventory and dispersal" of the property. My sister, who is a chiefs season ticket holder, and I tried to get this thing postponed for a week, but two of my brothers whined about having to work.

What's more important, work or football? After all, as a wise man once said, "Football is life."

Poor Mom is stuck working again this weekend.

If one person tells me the score before we watch the entire game, I'll kill 'em.

Hopefully, we'll be able to watch the tape at 3:00 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I've kind of purposely kept myself from getting too worked up about this game, but now it's close and all the ramifications (no pun intended) are sinking in. I can't imagine a bigger game all season. We're really in a state of flux right now with no real barometer of how good we are, so this is very likely a defining contest that could make us or break us.

A win not only puts us in a good position to challenge for the division, but would also be a huge boost for the psyche of the team at a time when they need to pull together and prepare for a series of very tough games. It could also serve to damage an already inconsistent, unspectacular Seahawk team who have yet to prove they can repeat what they did last year. I still remember well 2004 when the Seahawks looked unbeatable coming into the first matchup with the Rams at 3-0. We beat them and they were never really the same, going 6-7 the rest of the season. I think this game could have that same impact.

On Sunday we find out if we're for real, if we deserve respect, if we can play through adversity and if we are a possible playoff contender. I can't wait.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Ya know JRams, I've approached this season very differently than you. For various reasons I have very low expectations for the team this season. I'm not putting them down, I'm just viewing this year as a rebuilding year and patiently waiting for the next year and two.

To my pleasant surprize we're 4-1.

But more importantly, I am beginning to think that Messrs. L and H, (I did see Mr. H. demonstrate 10 summersets on solid ground), are of great benefit.

I'm thinking well of coach Linehan, and coach Haslett has done a great job. That's encouraging to me. My earlier comments were not as upbeat about Linehan. Disregarding his W-L, he's done much better than I expected, just as a coach.

I'm so very pleased that Barron is holding his spot down nicely.

I'm surprized and pleased at how well Jackson is running. Truely I doubted his ability and thus far he's proved me wrong (the seaon's not done yet and I still hold the reins of negativity).

I'm also pleased that Witherspoon has proven his worth, we have a great turnover ratio (despite you tiring of hearing it), etc.

So, it isn't much help to relieve your anxiety I know, but win or lose, please take cheer that coach Linehan seems to be laying a firm foundation, which bodes well for now, but much better for the future.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Coy, are you listening to Beatles music again?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I feel ya man, I almost had to go to a theme park with this chicka...not that I don't want to but...she's gotta understand football is first, and girls don't have souls, and aren't really humans anyway. But she wouldn't realize that, and get upset if I didn't go, but she changed it to next Saturday so I'm ok, I really thought I was gonna miss this game!

Sorry you're going to miss it live dude, but atleast you can tape it!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NitRam 21 is offline Registered User

I HAVE TO SAY IS THIS GAME FUN OR WHAT !!!!!!!!
    Do you remember back in the day ( 1970 - 1990'S) Hell one would get that sinking feeling before the first reg season game. Say what you will about "pairity" back then when a team was down there was little hope of rebuilding to the top. This team has lots of pieces so enjoy the game. Its great to be an American Rams fan in this United States of AMERICA....
    LET HER BUCK LITTLE BROTHER

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

I think all of us are missing the point this season. New Coach and new era.I for one is off this weekend. And i think this game is an identity crisis. We all know we 4-1 but we all feel like it's not real. And given Seattle's horrendous outing in Chicago. And the bye week. It sure feels weird.
    But hey we are at home and that should mean somethng?
    THE FIELD GOAL

Quote Originally Posted by NitRam 21 View Post
    Its great to be an American Rams fan in this United States of AMERICA....
    or the world .................................

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I feel ya man, I almost had to go to a theme park with this chicka...not that I don't want to but...she's gotta understand football is first, and girls don't have souls, and aren't really humans anyway. But she wouldn't realize that, and get upset if I didn't go, but she changed it to next Saturday so I'm ok, I really thought I was gonna miss this game!

Sorry you're going to miss it live dude, but atleast you can tape it!
    Very happy to see that you have your priorities in line:
    Rams
    Females. lol

maineram is offline Registered User

My entire family and all close friends think I am WHACKED ( ok I am a little whacked), for completely clearing every Sunday afternoon to see my Rams play. Many, Many, events, gatherings, whatever, has been thrown by the wayside in order for me to be home to attend my event in front of my Direct TV and watch the Rams. After suffering through all these years, ( since 1976), and only catching a game here or there, I vowed to never miss a game again, now that I have the dish and can get them ALL live. Every game is important whether they are 4-1, or 0-5. Just being able to watch them live is an absolute treat.
    With the play of the team over the past couple of years, I've learned to keep each/game year in perspective, hoping they win but not expecting it. It makes watching the game more enjoyable, but no less stressful.
    This weeks matchup with Seattle will be a great test for this years squad as well as the coaching staff. A win or a great showing will show me, as well as the next few tough opponents, that they better bring their A game when the horns are on the other side of the field. We have generally played Seattle pretty tough over the last few years, winning most until losing both last year. They know it will be a tough fought game, regardless of our record.
    Here's to a great game and a Rams win, keeping the momentum going and the rest of the league wary.

Maineram - :l
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

NitRam 21 is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by NitRam 21
    Its great to be an American Rams fan in this United States of AMERICA....

or the world .................................

Agreed and no offence intended RamDez. I may be alittle jacked up for this, the team is winning and I feel like some are looking for gloom and doom. Just trying to be positive
    LET HER BUCK LITTLE BROTHER

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

The thing I'm nervous about is the turnovers. Bulger hasn't thrown an interception yet, we haven't fumbled much either so logically I should feel very good about our turnover ratio in future games too. But I just have this ugly feeling that once Bulger throws the first interception it's right back to the old ways, gunning left and right and losing the ball every other possesion. Don't tell me it's irrational, I know. We have a new philosophy on offense and it includes protecting the football as one of the highest priorities, it's not only luck that our turnover ratio looks as good as it does. But that's still how I feel, I've seen so many turnovers on our offense that I've come to sorta expect a couple each game. Having a clean sheet in terms of giveaways in the Seahawks game will go a long way towards changing that perception for me though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast