Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Before it gets ugly, let's give Faulk his due

My greatest memory of Faulk happenned last October 25th, my birthday. I took Tawn and Sami to the Missouri Sports Hall Of Fame where Marshall was appearing.

We arrived before Faulk, and while we were looking through all the memorabilia, in walks Marshall. A crowd soon formed, and Sami was still too far away to recognize him in a suit instead of his jersey. A while later, when she got close enough to see who he was, Sami's eyes got as big as dinner plates, her jaw hit the floor, and she took off towards him. When she finally got a chance to meet him, get his autograph, and speak to him, she was so scared he had to bend down right next to her to hear what she said. She followed him everywhere that he went except the bathroom, and whenever he saw her he smiled, winked at her, and gave her the memory of a lifetime. After all, Marshall Faulk is her hero!

Seeing him treat the young fans like gold was great. Seeing him interact with Sami was priceless. He took the time to learn her name, smile at her, and a player who remembers the fans is a great man on or off the field.

majorram is offline Registered User

There are so many GREAT faulk moments, man i just love watching the vids, to me it was the way he moved om a dime and changed direction so quickly and that was that... gone... waiting for his holes to develope and hitting them at full speed, his recieving skills and the mismatches that he created by his self...I'm just so lucky to have watched a TRUE superstar at work and dam pround that HE WAS A RAM!!!

steve:ramlogo:
    "The breakfast Club"

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

MARSHALL MARSHALL MARSHALL FAULK for the touchdown !!!

:ramlogo:

rams#1 Guest

I love marshall I hope he can come back.

thoey is offline Registered User

I have two things that stick in my mind. First, as was mentioned earlier, the eyes. I believe a different Bear was mentioned, but I think of Singletary. Watching the pre-snap from the defensive side of the ball, you can see those eyes taking in the environment and then start to sparkle as the ball is snapped. There is no fear in those eyes. He is excited to be on the field and desires his number to be called.

The second thing is his smile. Pre-game, in the huddle, post game, when he scores, when anyone else on the team scores, it is always there. And he doesn't smile with just his mouth, but his whole face and body. You can just feel that he loves what he does, and wants to do it forever.

Unfortunately, he can't. One day, whether it is this year or some time in the future, he will have to hang up his cleats. While I will be saddened when that happens, I will do my best to look back at all the excitement and love of the game that he exuded. Marshall is what football is about.

BTW, I proof read this and realized how this sounded like an obituary. I am not ready for that yet, so I had to go back and change all the tense.
    This space for rent...

thoey is offline Registered User

This thread got me out looking for Marshall images and history. I am not sure how valid this bio is, but there is a ton of detail there:

htp://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Faulk/Faulk_bio.html (add the "t")
    This space for rent...

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Faulk, you were one of the resons I became a Rams fan. i cant see you leave now! You cant have the last season you played in to be a Losing season. Let your knees recover and Come back! You can do it!

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Nick's vid just really fired me up!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    My greatest memory of Faulk happenned last October 25th, my birthday. I took Tawn and Sami to the Missouri Sports Hall Of Fame where Marshall was appearing.

We arrived before Faulk, and while we were looking through all the memorabilia, in walks Marshall. A crowd soon formed, and Sami was still too far away to recognize him in a suit instead of his jersey. A while later, when she got close enough to see who he was, Sami's eyes got as big as dinner plates, her jaw hit the floor, and she took off towards him. When she finally got a chance to meet him, get his autograph, and speak to him, she was so scared he had to bend down right next to her to hear what she said. She followed him everywhere that he went except the bathroom, and whenever he saw her he smiled, winked at her, and gave her the memory of a lifetime. After all, Marshall Faulk is her hero!

Seeing him treat the young fans like gold was great. Seeing him interact with Sami was priceless. He took the time to learn her name, smile at her, and a player who remembers the fans is a great man on or off the field.

Truly an awesome day. I had just finished serving lunch to Jim Hanifan and Marc Bulger, who did NOT want to be there. He was still pretty cool, but you could cut the tension with a knife. Apparently, he was expecting to speak before a small audience of about, oh, less than 50, but the crowd was almost 400 strong....LOL

Anyhow, the highlight of the night was when we were all leaving, Sami was chasing Marshall out the door, and he turned around, saying, "You again? You again?", and laughing his little laugh. I just looked at him straight in the eye, told him tomorrow's headline would be "Marshall Faulk needs restraining order on 5-year-old stalker", and I swear he nearly bent over double laughing.

Amazing day.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

ram3057 is offline Registered User

There are so many, but the one that comes to mind.......

I can't remember right now which game it was exactly, but Marshall had just scored a TD, and the camera was right in front of him, Marshall had his arms crossed and nodding for the camera.

The attitude was one of - the RAMS as the best in football.

He needs to be recognized by the NFL. He is not only a great player, but a great all-around individual with the greatest smile.
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Faulk was absolutely the greatest coming out of the backfield. He was a huge threat and it made us a power house despite mediocre defenses. I guess if this is the end, its the end. I'm looking forward to Steven Jackson carrying the boton and leading us to the promise land.

Marshall was quick and looking at last years games he's lost a step or two. Those knees need to retire. See ya in induction!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

His leadership, awareness, and attitude were what set him apart from the rest. They guy was so dependable, you almost take it for granted that he will put up huge numbers against any defense.
    He will be mentioned in the same breath as one of the greats to play the game.

I hope some day he will again roam the sidelines of the RAMS with a whistle around his neck.

Thank you for the memories.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

His leadership, awareness, and attitude were what set him apart from the rest. They guy was so dependable, you almost take it for granted that he will put up huge numbers against any defense.
    He will be mentioned in the same breath as one of the greats to play the game.

I hope some day he will again roam the sidelines of the RAMS with a whistle around his neck.

Thank you for the memories.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12