Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: And it begins: Rams will interview Fisher this week

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: And it begins: Rams will interview Fisher this week

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Paul Allen is a billionaire businessman with financial interests multiple professional teams. How does that make him a football genius? Kroenke didn't become a billionaire by showing the world how smart he was at football. He became a billionaire by being good at making real estate deals.

How has Kroenke proven he's a qualified evaluator of NFL talent in head coaches? Wreaks of Ziggy's decision making expertise. Stan and Demoff need to hire a President, Kroenke, Demoff and the President can hire the GM and then the President, Demoff and GM can hire the Coach. When you skip steps, you make idiotic choices.
    Well based on his success with teams like Arsenel in the EPL, Denver Nuggets in the NBA, and Colorado Avalanche of the NHL, I'm not complaining but who am I to know?

You just have to take a leap of faith and the probability of bringing the Rams back to relevance is high based on his past experiences with building the teams he own into success.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Paul Allen is a billionaire businessman with financial interests multiple professional teams. How does that make him a football genius? Kroenke didn't become a billionaire by showing the world how smart he was at football. He became a billionaire by being good at making real estate deals.

How has Kroenke proven he's a qualified evaluator of NFL talent in head coaches? Wreaks of Ziggy's decision making expertise. Stan and Demoff need to hire a President, Kroenke, Demoff and the President can hire the GM and then the President, Demoff and GM can hire the Coach. When you skip steps, you make idiotic choices.
    I simply have to disagree with you, Rebel- I am not implying Kroenke is a football genius, I'm saying that the heirarchy of a football organization is not unlike that of any other company. And while hiring a GM first is more commonly done, sometimes it isn't. If Stan- who owns major businesses AND several other pro sports teams feels this can be done effectively, I would tend to value his judgment more than I would NJRamsfan's or RebelYell's.

Time is of the essence in getting a good coach in here, and the Rams probably do not have the luxury in taking a month to get a Team President/GM in place before deciding on Fisher- if that's the way they're inclined to go.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Demoff said in an interview that hiring a head coach could take several weeks. They are also building a list of potential GMs to hire and they have reportedly been interviewing potential Presidents since back in November. That sounds like a much better plan than hiring a head coach first.

Taking a leap of faith? That was required during the Ziggy / Shaw administration. I'm hoping for a heck of a lot more than just faith from the next group.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If Fisher is hired my fear would be that he's an old school coach in a new school NFL. In other words, would he be just an experienced Steve Spagnuolo?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If Fisher is hired my fear would be that he's an old school coach in a new school NFL. In other words, would he be just an experienced Steve Spagnuolo?
    I really don't think so, Fortuninerhater- to my knowledge, Fisher was always regarded as a players' coach yet still possessed the backbone to be a disciplinarian when the need arose. He's only been out of football a little over a year, so he's not a fossil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234