Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By evil disco man

Thread: Behind Enemy Lines: What Giants fans are saying

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Behind Enemy Lines: What Giants fans are saying

It's always interesting to get an outside perspective on our Rams, especially from fans of our opponents. Each week I'm going to sneak behind enemy lines and collect quotes from the "other" team's message board, as long as there's enough material. I'll leave links to the topics, followed by relevant quotes within those threads. If you choose to visit their board, please be polite and represent ClanRam well.

Here's what Giants fans are saying:

Spags. I think the Mara's let another very special coach get away again
    Although you can't hold him back . You should make sure you can get him back.

I met spags at campp his 1st year in Albany. I watched him and listened to him many days from a distance that summer. You could tell he was special. I saw a couple of interviews, apparently the team allows assistant coaches talk 2 3 time a year. You wanted him to talk forever about the Giants. He has the so called "it" factor. Its easy listening to him it's like watching Mo pitch. It just looks easy and it makes sense. Recently I read what Straham said about him and what Spags said after they started 0 and 2 in 2007. great stuff. I listened his interview with Mike F.Check it out on the podcast. I hope we can get him back. What do you think?
    It's sort of a tradition....

Lombardi, Landry, Parcells, Belichick, Fox, Payton, Spags....
    Depressing ain't it? Now we're stuck with these clueless mofos and Gilligan.
    I think Spags leaving was tragic, but we all knew it was coming.
    We should offer Spags the head coaching job easy. After this year, just to see what he would say.
    Why I think the Giants will beat the Rams
    The offensive line is going to come out fired up. In particular, Chris Snee sounds pretty damn pissed off.

I hear Baas has a mean streak, and Diehl can get orney too.

Suge Knight is a mellow dude, but I'm sure he's heard enough about Kerrigan at this point.

Likewise, Jacobs and Bradshaw want to lay the lumber down.

I can't imagine (well I can imagine, but I'm trying to stay optimistic) Gilbride playing to Spag's strength, which will be rushing the passer.

Similarly, on defense, I have to think Fewell is going to dial up the pressue on a talented, but still young, banged up QB.

In short, blocking will be better, coverage will be tighter, and the running game will dominate.

Surprise of the week: Da'rel Scott sees action; look for some no-huddle to counter some of the Ram's blitz schemes.
    Or, when healthy the Giants are just simply a better team. As of now the Rams are in as much trouble with injuries as the Giants.
    oh PLEASE stop it. we will beat the rams because the rams are simple one of the worse teams in the NFL. this has nothing to do with our guys being pissed off or anything. If we beat the eagles in week 3, then thats something to by hyped about. Please dont make this game a big deal. its monday night, we are home, we're playing the rams, and they dont even have their number 1 rb or wr.
    Well beating a cripped Rams team will not prove anything . Next week is the game . I m not saying we have to beat the Eagles but if we lose in the same fashion that we did to the Packers next week ?

We should win this game but due to Spags I see this being a lot closer . 24-21 we win . An ugly game beteen 2 injury prone 6-10 teams

If the Giants lose this week , , I can see the Coughlin hot seat getting all the hotter
    If Nicks and Tuck arent on the field this will be a coin flip game
    Run The Ball vs Rams
    We have to run the ball more next Monday night. Look at the Eagles they ran for 237 yards on the Rams. Come on Gilbride run the ball more. Jacobs needs more touches, 6 carries is way too low. Jacobs should be getting at least around 12-15 carries a game when he comes in behind Bradshaw. I think if the Giants run the ball and convert on 3rd downs they will be fine on Offense.
    Mivhael Vick run 98 yards of those 237. If Eli runs 100 yards too then I think we have a shot of topping that mark. LOL ! Just kidding !
    ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY RUN THE BALL ON FREDDIE ROBBINS
    I would love to see a nice pound them on the ground game by the Giants.

Just let the big guys up front get to attack the defense.

Enough with this so called passing attack.
    It's the obvious thing to do, so Gilbride won't do it.
    Spags v Eli
    Should be interesting....not sure yet who I think will have the advantage here.
    If I gambled, my money would be on Spags. But my loyalty and aspirations will always be with Big Blue and Eli.
    schemes are schemes....Players have to play. 'I am more worried about Bradford lighting up the *** coverage that our two safties provide.....thats a bigger issue.
    Spags did a gorrible job against the Eagles and Vic, will probably be turning it up a notch for sure.

Did anyone say run, run, and more run for the GMEN, Eagles ran well, hope KG sticks to the run a little more.
    It is not ELI vs spags it is Spags vs KG and guess who loses, not Spags.
    No huddle would blow their minds
    Last edited by evil disco man; -09-17-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Bman likes this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Behind Enemy Lines: What Giants fans are saying

It sounds like half of them have a healthy respect for Spags' coaching, while the other half are looking past the Rams to Week 3. After our showing last week, it's not too surprising that they plan on running against us. It is interesting that nobody is saying pass against our busted-up secondary, though.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Its seems like the Rams are getting counted out,firstly, because of one game versus Vick. Secondly, always going to beat that drum, its the Rams, same old sorry Rams. Take what you will out of this, but if you take away the fumble by Bradford and assume the Rams kicked a field goal there. Add the 3 points of J.Browns field goal miss, and the scoreline would have been a more respectable 19 - 23 Eagles.
    It looks like it's only us Ram fans that believe were a team on the rise.? Marshall Faulk predicted the Rams would put 40 points up v the Eagles. Talk about letting his heart rule his head.?

bruce4life is online now Registered User

I love how we get no respect week in and week out...

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    as much as I hate to say it, its because of our poor play.

JPPDPurQB is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    This is most teams. The Giants instead of no respect, get negative press. Espn is based out of New England and most of the experts from NFL.com were writers for the New England sports.

Jerry Jones is the head of the NFL network committee, it was bob kraft from new england before that, and there are a lot of dallas analysts. (deion sanders, michael Irving, Daryl Johnston, Troy Aikman).

Many of these guys relish when the Giants lose.

Nobody even mentions Eli's 4,005 yards, 31 touchdowns, or 63% completion percentage (with the 4th string center, TE missed some games, the third string TE was playing fullback, and the #1 and #2 receivers missed games at the same time (steve smith missed 7, Nicks played in 13, but stayed out most of two of those games), instead he is the laughing stock of the nfl and he never said he was a top 5 quarterback. Terrell Thomas is now called our #1 cornerback since he was injured, but in reality it is still Corey Webster. They were critized for getting rid of Rich Seubert and Shawn O'Hara, but Seubert probably won't get over his injury til the season is over and O'Hara is also injured for probably a more months.

Then there is the Michael Vick hero worship. I don't even know how this is a redemption story, he got out and jail and played football without getting in big trouble again, yet.

So what kind of flack does the Rams get?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JPPDPurQB View Post
    This is most teams. The Giants instead of no respect, get negative press. Espn is based out of New England and most of the experts from NFL.com were writers for the New England sports.

Jerry Jones is the head of the NFL network committee, it was bob kraft from new england before that, and there are a lot of dallas analysts. (deion sanders, michael Irving, Daryl Johnston, Troy Aikman).

Many of these guys relish when the Giants lose.

Nobody even mentions Eli's 4,005 yards, 31 touchdowns, or 63% completion percentage (with the 4th string center, TE missed some games, the third string TE was playing fullback, and the #1 and #2 receivers missed games at the same time (steve smith missed 7, Nicks played in 13, but stayed out most of two of those games), instead he is the laughing stock of the nfl and he never said he was a top 5 quarterback. Terrell Thomas is now called our #1 cornerback since he was injured, but in reality it is still Corey Webster. They were critized for getting rid of Rich Seubert and Shawn O'Hara, but Seubert probably won't get over his injury til the season is over and O'Hara is also injured for probably a more months.

Then there is the Michael Vick hero worship. I don't even know how this is a redemption story, he got out and jail and played football without getting in big trouble again, yet.

So what kind of flack does the Rams get?
    Good point about how the powers behind the curtain affect the public perception of different teams.

Couldn't agree more about Eli. Even, ironically, in the SB win over The Pats, it's Spags and the DL that got all the credit, despite Eli having to make some extraordinary plays.

At the moment I think fans are far too sensitive about what is said of The Rams. There's been plenty of positive press. The team simply needs to produce consistently against the better teams & the respect will come.

In the past, The Rams have been discounted for a variety of reasons even when they ranged from terrible to solid playoff contenders to the dominant days of the Greatest Show on Turf.The Rams endured some of the worst runs of key injuries in NFL history in back2back2back seasons & collapsed but it was seldom talked about. They just sucked to the outside world.The same happened last week. Take McCoy from Philly after their first play & see how they'd fare. Take away their best possession WR, starting tackle, and best CB, and see how they'd fare. It's the kind of stuff that NFL games turn on all the time but , to the casual fan, who doesn't watch the actual game but just looks at stats or SportsCenter highlights & they conclude that The Rams got spanked from the first whistle. Just not true.

The Rams played second fiddle to Whiners in their long run, got called soft & gadgety during the GSOT & now are sniffed at somewhat because of their weak division despite the fact that some of their best performances have been against non NFCW teams over the last two years.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Thanks Disco for the quotes. It is interesting to see what other fans think of the game. I think Spags will be motivated to win playing in New York again. The question is whether this team can recover from the injuries and if Bradford and the receivers start to gel. Too many dropped balls.

I was excited to see Jackson score a TD in game one. That is one monkey off his back I am sure. He has played so many games with big yards and no TDs. I hope he comes back soon from the injury. I picked him up on my fantasy team and I can't decide if I should bench him or not for this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Them G-men fans need to realise one important factor , THEY DON'T HAVE MIKE VICK AS THEIR QB!! With that being said if we aren't facing a caliber a player like Vick and we pass rush like we did last week like crazy I think we can minimize our shorthanded CB core. Someone one or two got to step up at WR and Cadaillac has to have another decent game. All in all I think we win. Nuff said

berg8309 is offline Registered User

NY fans, meh

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Good point about how the powers behind the curtain affect the public perception of different teams.

Couldn't agree more about Eli. Even, ironically, in the SB win over The Pats, it's Spags and the DL that got all the credit, despite Eli having to make some extraordinary plays.

At the moment I think fans are far too sensitive about what is said of The Rams. There's been plenty of positive press. The team simply needs to produce consistently against the better teams & the respect will come.

In the past, The Rams have been discounted for a variety of reasons even when they ranged from terrible to solid playoff contenders to the dominant days of the Greatest Show on Turf.The Rams endured some of the worst runs of key injuries in NFL history in back2back2back seasons & collapsed but it was seldom talked about. They just sucked to the outside world.The same happened last week. Take McCoy from Philly after their first play & see how they'd fare. Take away their best possession WR, starting tackle, and best CB, and see how they'd fare. It's the kind of stuff that NFL games turn on all the time but , to the casual fan, who doesn't watch the actual game but just looks at stats or SportsCenter highlights & they conclude that The Rams got spanked from the first whistle. Just not true.

The Rams played second fiddle to Whiners in their long run, got called soft & gadgety during the GSOT & now are sniffed at somewhat because of their weak division despite the fact that some of their best performances have been against non NFCW teams over the last two years.
    Thanks for the insight. Next week I am actually moving to Phx and going to be involved with the 2nd biggest podcast for the team (not saying much). I am going to try and see what the fans of each team think and not just look at the stats and make stuff up like the espn guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Them G-men fans need to realise one important factor , THEY DON'T HAVE MIKE VICK AS THEIR QB!! With that being said if we aren't facing a caliber a player like Vick and we pass rush like we did last week like crazy I think we can minimize our shorthanded CB core. Someone one or two got to step up at WR and Cadaillac has to have another decent game. All in all I think we win. Nuff said
    Vick was running for his life all 2nd half of last season. The Eagle's O-Line is absolutely horrible at this point. The Giants had a rough game against the redskins who have a few good pass rushers, but usually the giants barely give up any sacks. Most likely the Rams won't get that many chances this week, especially against the all-pro Snee and the #1 graded out RT last year in the entire league, McKenzie. The Rams really need to confuse the communication between Baas (new center) and Diehl (weak link). The preseason doesn't mean much, but the Giants dominated both starter lines for the Panther's and Jets. The 2nd stringers held their own against the starters for the patriots who played the whole lst half for some reason. I don't think the rams can stop the run without stacking the box.

Listen to any Eagle's expert or any forum and they think they probably have the worst o-line and linebackers in the league.

Vick was running for his life all 2nd half of last season. The Eagle's O-Line is absolutely horrible at this point. The Giants had a rough game against the redskins who have a few good pass rushers, but usually the giants barely give up any sacks. Most likely the Rams won't get that many chances this week, especially against the all-pro Snee and the #1 graded out RT last year in the entire league, McKenzie. The Rams really need to confuse the communication between Baas (new center) and Diehl (weak link). The preseason doesn't mean much, but the Giants dominated both starter lines for the Panther's and Jets. The 2nd stringers held their own against the starters for the patriots who played the whole lst half for some reason. I don't think the rams can stop the run without stacking the box.

Listen to any Eagle's expert or any forum and they think they probably have the worst o-line and linebackers in the league.
    all these facts are pointless IMO since there is no Vick behind your line. I'd rather play against a better line and be able to sack/cuase fumbles or bad decisions from the QB than have Vick scramble for 100 yards cause no one can catch him. regardless of what anybody thinks tomorrow will play out and we'll see how this plays out!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    all these facts are pointless IMO since there is no Vick behind your line. I'd rather play against a better line and be able to sack/cuase fumbles or bad decisions from the QB than have Vick scramble for 100 yards cause no one can catch him. regardless of what anybody thinks tomorrow will play out and we'll see how this plays out!
    not pointless if the point is they will have a harder time getting passed the O-Line(hopefully).

Vick won't be behind anybody's line for three weeks per eagles via concussion. After the atlanta game, I was already looking past the rams and that can't be good. I was sitting here fantasizing about vick vs our front 4 (with osi back) since he got realy beat up with two lesser front 4s, even though Ray Edwards played a very good game this week. He isn't even going to play now. Back to focusing on the Rams.

not pointless if the point is they will have a harder time getting passed the O-Line(hopefully).

Vick won't be behind anybody's line for three weeks per eagles via concussion. After the atlanta game, I was already looking past the rams and that can't be good. I was sitting here fantasizing about vick vs our front 4 (with osi back) since he got realy beat up with two lesser front 4s, even though Ray Edwards played a very good game this week. He isn't even going to play now. Back to focusing on the Rams.
    dam vick getting hurt! was hoping the g men would pull that to!

I posted this before the game, but in the wrong thread, probably the worst thread to put it, the fantasy thread, but here it is:

We are ready here!! I won't post in the game thread out of a respect for this forum and ram's fans since it would be a giants perspective, but I truly hope nobody gets injured on the rams and I am pulling for the rams the rest of the way out respect for our former favorite giant, Fred Robbins, and Stevey Spags.

Look at Molly's excitement!!
    Behind Enemy Lines: What Giants fans are saying-dscf0147.jpg