RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Behind the scenes Timmerman drama? A must hear interview.

Thanks GeatestShow99 for the link.

http://www.kfns.com/vdVirtual/Interv...view-2-768.mp3

Timmerman when asked about behind the scenes info says, "There is at least one person that's over there that it's going to be just fine to not spend anymore time with..."

An interesting interview to say the least. It's pretty hard not to read into that interview that there is more than a talent level concern that led to his departure.

So what do you all think?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Behind the scenes Timmerman drama? A must hear interview.

He sounds a little bitter to me. The fact is that Timm has NOT been playing well the last two seasons. All players want to play even if they are not cleared to play by the team physician. For him to hold a grudge ,(that's what is sounds like to me) against the coach because he feels that Cog is a better option is ridiculous. He clearly isn't thinking of team first.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It's too bad things have reached this point. I'm a huge believer in communication, and it's looking more and more like a lack of communication is a major part of the problem here. While I think the decision to release Timmerman was probably the right one, I don't think the way it was done was right. It seems to me that he was left to twist in the wind and speculate on the decisions, or potential decisions that would affect his career. In that sense, he deserved better IMO.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's too bad things have reached this point. I'm a huge believer in communication, and it's looking more and more like a lack of communication is a major part of the problem here. While I think the decision to release Timmerman was probably the right one, I don't think the way it was done was right. It seems to me that he was left to twist in the wind and speculate on the decisions, or potential decisions that would affect his career. In that sense, he deserved better IMO.
    I don't know Mike, it sounded to me like he still was bitter that he was benched last season. If that is the case, then maybe Linehan felt that it would be best for the team to move on without him. I'm not saying that the way it was handled was correct, but it seems like maybe Timmerman is a bit in denial. I recall reading that Timmerman was almost expecting to be released, so maybe there was more to it than just the salary cap.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I don't know Mike, it sounded to me like he still was bitter that he was benched last season. If that is the case, then maybe Linehan felt that it would be best for the team to move on without him. I'm not saying that the way it was handled was correct, but it seems like maybe Timmerman is a bit in denial. I recall reading that Timmerman was almost expecting to be released, so maybe there was more to it than just the salary cap.
    Maybe you're right Carlos and Timmerman was going to be bitter no matter what, but I just think things could have been a bit more civil if the Rams had sat him down, been up front and explained what they were doing and why.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Sounds to me like maybe Timmerman and Linehan didn't see eye to eye from the get-go. I'll bet if Faulk were candid, he'd say the same (remember the interview where Linehan said he hasn't spoke to Faulk since last June?). From Linehan's perspective as a new coach, he wants his team to be HIS team. That is to say, everything that these older guys did for Martz doesn't hold any sway with the new sherrif in town, Linehan. Guys like AT, McCollum, and Faulk had their glory days playing against Linehan, not for him. So maybe it makes a little sense (not justification, but simply reason) that this went down the way it did.

I think AT's release should have been handled in a better manner.....he's earned it. However, Linehan's resume as a Head Coach is still a work-in-progress, and HC resumes are built with "W"s, not feel-goods from players.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod