Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Being a Fan With Little to Say

Hey there all,

I gotta say, it's sort of disappointing for me to not be able to talk about much with you guys. I honestly don't understand much about backgrounds and NFL strategies and my former job had me focused so much on just one aspect of collegiate ball, I didn't even have time to watch all of the college games I wanted.

Still, I'm hopeful I can learn more and if anyone has some resources that would help me learn a bit more, I'd love to soak in some knowledge.

OrlandoPaceIsMyHero is offline Registered User

Re: Being a Fan With Little to Say

I learned alot about the NFL and whatnot by playing Madden on the Xbox... You learn who all the players are and how good they are and what types of plays people run (loosly- madden is not all that realistic to the NFL imo).

Other than that I guess most of what I know about football comes from playing in high school and now in college.

-OPIMH

This forum ......................

Thats where I learn. There are lots of learned members here.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Sometimes it is better to say little. I enjoy listening to the others talk and adding my 2 cents on occasion when I feel like I have something to add.

There are way too many players for me to keep track of, and way too many teams. I tend to focus here and there on things that catch my attention, but I am can't grasp the big picture.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and you can learn from them. Lately I have been reading other team's boards in search of outside opinions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Hey man I was the same a couple of years ago but I just tried to watch as much NFL and College football games and shows that I could and being here thought me alot and now I consider myself quite knowlegable on the whole NFL and College game but thats just me

:clanram:

majorram is offline Registered User

I find it hard sometimes to write what I'm thinking, man though I can talk if we were face to face, maineram will tell you that LOL

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Not to worry as "DEZ" and others are some very knowledgeable fans here... The thing that stands out for me here is the friendship one acquires here , By the # of posts you have made I'm sure you already know that... Remember the old saying the most stupidest question was the one that was not asked... "Blankman17" Never fear we are family here... A Member here once told me let your voice be heard , If at any time you need any help or a question answered just ask with no hesitation and you will find thoughtfulness and caring a long with lots of humor , Never fear young Rams Fan you are with some of the biggest and oldest Rams on the Plant !

Attachment 761
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -03-30-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan
    Not to worry as "DEZ" and others are some very knowledgeable fans here... The thing that stands out for me here is the friendship one acquires here , By the # of posts you have made I'm sure you already know that... Remember the old saying the most stupidest question was the one that was not asked... "Blankman17" Never fear we are family here... A Member here once told me let your voice be heard , If at any time you need any help or a question answered just ask with no hesitation and you will find thoughtfulness and caring a long with lots of humor , Never fear young Rams Fan you are with some of the biggest and oldest Rams on the Plant !

Attachment 761

Well said:up:

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Blankman17
    Hey there all,

I gotta say, it's sort of disappointing for me to not be able to talk about much with you guys. I honestly don't understand much about backgrounds and NFL strategies and my former job had me focused so much on just one aspect of collegiate ball, I didn't even have time to watch all of the college games I wanted.

Still, I'm hopeful I can learn more and if anyone has some resources that would help me learn a bit more, I'd love to soak in some knowledge.
    You might want to play fantasy football for a couple of years. In order to be competive you will need to become familiar with the different teams, their personnel and various schemes. It can be time consuming, but now a days computers can really cut down on time spent searching for stats etc. I played for 5 years straight back when I had more time (20+ years ago) and had a great time... it is nice to win a little cash too....

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I learned a lot here, but in Madden, you really learn a lot dude. Try it out! It's fun, and educational ^_^

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Yeah, Madden was really fun. I brought the WCO to St. Louie and had Vick run it (no, no, he was actually an accurate passer!). My niche is collegiate ball, believe me, I can ramble about that a mile a minute, but I'll have to take your advice so many I can sound like I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the NFL.