Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Belichick Denies Taping Rams Before Superbowl ..

A few people on ESPN were actually MORE on Bellicheat today than normal because he said this.
    They said he "never approved," which is the same as Bonds sayind he "never knowingly" took steroids.
    Bellicheat is trying to say the exact right things and get him as far from the situation as possible. If it backfires though, it could be fatal.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Billycheat also claims that he could not pick Walsh (an 8 year NEP employee) out of a line-up.

Goodell destroyed 6 tapes and who knows how many pages of notes which were amassed over a period of at least 8 years.

Something is rotten in Denmark?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Keenum is offline Registered User

Extra ClanRam Bash at Goodell's house anybody? lol

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    #1. The video he used to cheat for that superbowl was their regular season game against the Rams with the defense signals, etc..., not the walk-through
    If it was just the video from the regular season game, why was he saying this:

"Just going back over the whole taping incident, if I contacted the league and asked them about the practice, I'm sure they would have told me - as they have done - that it is not permissible. Then I could have avoided all of this."

Maybe I'm taking this out of context, but he specifically mentions a practice. In addition, many Rams players were saying after the Super Bowl that the Patriots defensive players were calling out their offensive plays on the field. IMO, that is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    A few people on ESPN were actually MORE on Bellicheat today than normal because he said this. They said he "never approved," which is the same as Bonds sayind he "never knowingly" took steroids. Bellicheat is trying to say the exact right things and get him as far from the situation as possible. If it backfires though, it could be fatal.
    Doublespeak was the first thought I had when I read his statement.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Maybe I'm taking this out of context, but he specifically mentions a practice. In addition, many Rams players were saying after the Super Bowl that the Patriots defensive players were calling out their offensive plays on the field. IMO, that is telling.
    Just to play devil's advocate for a minute; I'm not sure how a tape of the Ram walk-through from the top of the stadium would be able to pick up the audio of the play call. So unless the Pats had the Ram playbook and the game plan plays in the red zone, this claim that the Pats were calling out the Rams offensive plays on the field due to a walk through taping doesn't fit for me.

Is there another explanation I'm missing here?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate for a minute; I'm not sure how a tape of the Ram walk-through from the top of the stadium would be able to pick up the audio of the play call. So unless the Pats had the Ram playbook and the game plan plays in the red zone, this claim that the Pats were calling out the Rams offensive plays on the field due to a walk through taping doesn't fit for me.

I'm just going by what has been reported. Here is part of the article:

According to the Rams' source, one of the plays in that day's walkthrough was a play early in the fourth quarter when quarterback Kurt Warner fumbled on a fourth and goal from the New England 3. The Patriots recovered the fumble and raced 97 yards for an apparent touchdown. But the play was negated because of a defensive holding call against New England. The Rams subsequently scored to cut New England's lead to 17-10 with less than 10 minutes to play.

A second source said, "We hadn't run that play all year. Our players were upset after the game because on certain plays, especially in the red zone, (the Patriots) were calling the plays and the formation that we were going to run."

The second source told the Post-Dispatch on Saturday that he was told shortly after the game that some members of the Patriots' staff "were up all night" studying the walkthrough tapes. This second source said the team never went public with complaints about the walkthrough taping because it would seem like sour grapes in the wake of a devastating loss.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

As we ruminate, I wonder what (if anything) will or can be gained by all this.

I know what some want and hope for, but realistically doubt any serious repercussions will result.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Time to pull a Clemens. Some people still believe billacheat, but after a hearing no one will

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I can definitely see how this is a pro-active strike, so that when this all comes up, or the tape comes out, he can say "I've already made a statement regarding this matter". But I find it interesting the way he wordsmith'ed his statement to only deny specific things.

To this day it makes me sick - the first time the press was grilling him on spygate and he just looked so guilty and kept saying "we're just moving forward", as if he could make it go away??? I would like to see Kraft fire him, but after seeing the Steelers owner saying basically "we're not pressing charges", it made me realize that they're all in the same bed. Even the owners want this to go away because it could hurt their billion dollar NFL machine.

Definitely agree, this statement is kind of fishy....what is he trying to say here: ??

"Just going back over the whole taping incident, if I contacted the league and asked them about the practice, I'm sure they would have told me - as they have done - that it is not permissible. Then I could have avoided all of this."

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Even the owners want this to go away because it could hurt their billion dollar NFL machine.
    Wow isn't this the right time to start another professional football league.

All American Football League
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post

After pouring over the tape of the walkthrough for the whole night, in the morning the defensive coordinator, now Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, had a meeting with his defensive starters detailing everything that was learned by the tape. Something like: "In the redzone, if they come out in 3 wide I form with Holt in the slot to the lower side of the screen... err field, then they're going to try a fade to Bruce or a slant to Holt." Then, because they know what to look for, they're calling out what the play will be before the snap during the game, but feel like they're innocent because the coaches never told them how they knew what would happen, the players just assume that they studied the whole Rams season, even though it was a brand new play.

As for the defensive signals, it's easy because the Pats get up to the line quickly, forcing the defense to get its call in. The coaches then translate the play and because there is still more than 15 seconds on the play clock, they're able to tell Brady what the defensive play will be through the radio, allowing him to shift the line and audible as he needs.

Drew is offline Registered User

i just hope belichick likes to gamble down in vegas...theyll give him what he deserves when they catch him cheating!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-18-2008, 10:33 AM