Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

Believe it or not, i think we will win this week

Don't ask me why, i just have a crazy feeling that we are going to win this week. My logic is intuitive more than anything else, and may well fall into the category of wishful thinking, but it goes something like this.

We cant possibly be as bad as we looked last week. The Giants cant be as good on both sides of the ball as they looked last week. The Giants are super conservative on offense and thus, we can stay in the game, close enough to win at the end.

If we win this game and can beat seattle on the road, we are actually in pretty decent early season shape. A win in this game alone makes the debacle in philly meaningless.

At the end of the day, we have to protect bulger, get pressure on manning, take care of the football and on the off chance that we actually get into the red zone, score td's rather than kick field goals. Converting on third down would sure help, as would staying in the same vicinity of the receivers.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Believe it or not, i think we will win this week

Hmmm.... I guess great minds DO think alike (See thread I posted one minute before yours).

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I will bet alot of money on giants, thereby jinxing them and so we will win!

It is going to be a expensive season for me, because I will have to Jinx alot of games........

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Don't ask me why, i just have a crazy feeling that we are going to win this week. My logic is intuitive more than anything else, and may well fall into the category of wishful thinking, but it goes something like this.

We cant possibly be as bad as we looked last week. The Giants cant be as good on both sides of the ball as they looked last week. The Giants are super conservative on offense and thus, we can stay in the game, close enough to win at the end.

If we win this game and can beat seattle on the road, we are actually in pretty decent early season shape. A win in this game alone makes the debacle in philly meaningless.

At the end of the day, we have to protect bulger, get pressure on manning, take care of the football and on the off chance that we actually get into the red zone, score td's rather than kick field goals. Converting on third down would sure help, as would staying in the same vicinity of the receivers.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC .. do you remember a nationally televised game against the Giants back when the Rams were still in LA with the Giants being heavily favored (could have been after a Super Bowl win - can't remember) which the Rams astonishingly won. I think Madden was the color announcer, and I'll never forget his saying " It looks like the Giants have run into a buzzsaw" as the game progessed .. He said it more than once .. Anyone remember that game?? Maybe history will repeat itselt !!!

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

My first ever Rams game was home opener against the Giants in 1976 in which we won 24-10. This weekend is my daughter's first Rams game which is obviously also home opener against the Giants. WE WILL WIN....it is destiny...
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

*Vader breathing* "It is...your Destiny."

Here's hoping. If they look like they did last week, heads must roll.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The very last Rams game I went to in Anahiem was a 17-10 win over the Giants during the '94 season. I always have a good feeling when we play New York and this game is no exception. I get the feeling we're going to shock a lot of people this Sunday.

krist042 is offline Registered User

I was playing Madden 09 last night and lost 17-35 to Eagles in the season-opener for the Rams (score looks a little familiar doesn't it). I just played the Giants and won 6-42. It is destiny.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

come on guys you know how it works...if we write them off they will do well!!!

remember what happens after the optimism?? you should!
    latest example is we what happened sunday..a lot of us was thinkin(including myself) damn ,theyve got no decent Wideouts to play....

same goes with players,with me anyway...if i declare man love for a player,they either turn to trash or leave. is why i dont have any favorites anymore..or atleast declare my man-love.

we lost Kevin Greene & Fletch among many others because of meee! :*(

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Look, here's the blunt reality of this situatioin ...

You have the home opener, in front of, potentially, a sold out crowd. You are honoring the late former owner of the team, and while Georgia was disliked around the league and by fans, from what I understand the players were pretty fond of her ...

You're coming off a beating of a loss, with the entire world saying you are the worst team in football. You have a team full of talented underachievers who need to make a statement ...

If they do not come out Sunday and play a spirited game full of ethusiasm and effort, I don't know if this city will ever accept them again ...

Now is the time for the real St. Louis Rams to step up. I agree with this post, we cannot be as bad as we showed. It's practically the same players from two years ago when we were very competitive ...

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

look at the positive, happy, rosy thoughts.....

well these are Rams fans thoughts, and I have to tell you that the people picking in my knockout pool at work are all picking the Giants. SuperBowl champs versus a sad 3-13 team that just got blown away. Who is right? Who is wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

btimsah Guest

Ah no. Rams lose 28 - 9. No "rep" points for me.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I was thinking the same thing,..........I just didn't want to post it in fear of someone sayingI was being a girly girl by going with my gut feeling.

Here is to gut feelings!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I have that same feeling.
    Anyone else think Little getting hurt is a blessing in disguise?
    with Little out Adeyanju will be in thus helping out stopping Brandon Jacobs on the ground.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    Here is to gut feelings!
    Here is to "girly girls!"

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast