Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: Believe it or not, i think we will win this week

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    GC .. do you remember a nationally televised game against the Giants back when the Rams were still in LA with the Giants being heavily favored (could have been after a Super Bowl win - can't remember) which the Rams astonishingly won. I think Madden was the color announcer, and I'll never forget his saying " It looks like the Giants have run into a buzzsaw" as the game progessed .. He said it more than once .. Anyone remember that game?? Maybe history will repeat itselt !!!
    HELLOOOO!!!! Havent you read the post in which I said "IF HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF, we will win?? In that post, I mentioned that in the 1992 and 1993 seasons, we were blown out on opening day and won the next game in dramatic fashion. ( 1992 it was the bills over the then LA RAMS 40-7. We turned around and beat the NE pats 14-0. In 1993, it was the Packers over the then LA Rams 36-6. We turned around and beat the PIT steelers 27-0. None of those teams were defending SB champs, but its about the cut-hip we took in those opening day games. )

But as far as the above-highlighted game is concerned, there was never such a game. We have never historically played the Giants the years ( 1985-86 season and 1989-1990 season) after they won the superbowls; we only played them the years in between, all which were meaningless games. BUT

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I don't realistically see us beating the Giants, sorry. I'll just be thrilled if they put up a honest effort and come away without anymore major injuries. Like I have always said, all we have to do is take care of business in our own division to make it to the playoffs and have a decent 8-8 record. A team like the Giants is just too stacked and confident for us to get a probable win against.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Uh oh kids, GC is on crack!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I believe that you could call this a trap game scenario. I'm not sure who the Giants are playing in week 3, but you can certainly see that they could be much more interested in this game than in the "lowly, pathetic" Rams, and that could certainly come up and bite them. You've seen it before, and you'll see it again. The question is... can the Rams pull it off?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    I have that same feeling.
    Anyone else think Little getting hurt is a blessing in disguise?
    with Little out Adeyanju will be in thus helping out stopping Brandon Jacobs on the ground.
    Whatever advantage (if any) Adeyanju has over Little as a run blocker probably won't compensate for the deficit in pass rushing ability.

Anyway, the one real upside I see going into this game is that most of their vaunted pass rushers are out of commission. Strahan is gone. Umenyiora is sidelined. Kiwanuka moved from linebacker to defensive end (his position in college), but he got injured in the opener and only just started practicing again today. If he does play, he might not be at full strength. With Kiwanuka on the defensive line or sideline, that leaves them with former Texan Danny Clark and Gerris Wilkinson (started 3 games in his career) as their outside linebackers. Plus Gibril Wilson left via free agency over the off-season, leaving them with second year defensive back Michael Johnson at free safety.

On paper their defense looks vulnerable, and an underwhelming Redskins defense held them scoreless in the second half last week. If we come out determined to prove we're better than we appeared last week, I could see us upsetting the champs. This is a great opportunity for the team to make a statement and set a new tone for the season. The team can't let up if they want to win, though.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Little getting hurt is not a blessing for the rams in any way shape or form. He is our only solid pass rush threat.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Don't ask me why, i just have a crazy feeling that we are going to win this week. My logic is intuitive more than anything else, and may well fall into the category of wishful thinking, but it goes something like this.

We cant possibly be as bad as we looked last week. The Giants cant be as good on both sides of the ball as they looked last week. The Giants are super conservative on offense and thus, we can stay in the game, close enough to win at the end.

If we win this game and can beat seattle on the road, we are actually in pretty decent early season shape. A win in this game alone makes the debacle in philly meaningless.

At the end of the day, we have to protect bulger, get pressure on manning, take care of the football and on the off chance that we actually get into the red zone, score td's rather than kick field goals. Converting on third down would sure help, as would staying in the same vicinity of the receivers.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC,you might to lay off the diet pepsi alittle bit, but I do think you make a valid point, they can't go anywhere buy up from here.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Hedgecock and Jacobs could kill someone this weekend. I hope we can get ahead early.....Never mind.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Little getting hurt is not a blessing for the rams in any way shape or form. He is our only solid pass rush threat.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

i second that emotion...song just came to my head..sorry..

anyway what about James Hall & Chris Long..hasn`t Long been playing at Leonards Position in training,as much as i like big Vic,youd think theyd play ahead of him ?

general counsel is offline Registered User

James Hall had 9 tackles last week. He will start for Little for sure.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

eldfan is offline Registered User

Faulk made a commit that was in a early post, that make me think that we should be able to win or least compete in this game. "quote players that have had big time success, we’re talking Pro Bowl caliber players: Marc Bulger, Torry Holt, Orlando Pace, Steven Jackson. They look like they don’t belong in the league. And it’s not because they can’t play. You’re not going to tell me that. I’m not believing that they all of a sudden can’t play in this league.” quote ) I find it hard to believe that we can't compete or win this game it's always hope I hope.
    :ramlogo:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Game 1 of the 2008 season -- the Eagles seemed to be a better team than the Giants, even when considering their respective opponents. // Game 2: Eli does not seem to be the QB many think he already is. // Rams should have a better passing game from here on and Jax wants to vindicate himself (especially after that blow where he lost his helmet).

GC, I definitely take a step forward and join in on believing we will win this one!

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Game 1 of the 2008 season -- the Eagles seemed to be a better team than the Giants, even when considering their respective opponents. // Game 2: Eli does not seem to be the QB many think he already is. // Rams should have a better passing game from here on and Jax wants to vindicate himself (especially after that blow where he lost his helmet).

GC, I definitely take a step forward and join in on believing we will win this one!
    The way he got up from that blow was amazing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Mooselini is offline Registered User

All I can say about your post, is that we don't have the pass rush youre looking for to attack Manning with as of last week. HOWEVER, watching Chris Long progress weekly, I can see him possibly getting his first sack this weekend. If he was capable of getting close to McNabb, I believe this is the week he gets his first recorded sack in the NFL. I'm excited.

I believe the offensive line will step up. They better. This game really matters to them and us fans. I wore my Holt jersey and was criticized at work, but do I care? No. Real fans never give up!!!

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Ram faithful..its simple. All we have to do to win this game is score touchdowns, tackle like pros, stop the run, play good special teams, pressure the qb, protect bulger, play with enthusiasm and be physical......Humm we havent done any of those in a while.....MY HEART SAYS THIS WILL BE THE GAME.......lol....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast