Thread: Ben for Sam?

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Ben for Sam?

NFL network reporter this morning reported that Steelers had contacted Rams before NFL draft this year about trading their #1 pick(18) and some other picks PLUS Ben Roethlisberger for chance to draft Sam Bradford. Glad we did not do it then and would not do it now.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Ben for Sam?

I remember reading about this and debating it at the time. I am also glad we did not do it. Big Ben is a bad person, I don't want a sexual predator on the team for any reason, even if it would make the team better. Not only that, but he is one mistake away from a long suspension.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I remember reading about it and wasn't a fan of making the trade at the time, even less of a fan now. A few draft picks plus an average starting QB or what looks to be a franchise QB... easy choice.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Why does the Nirvana song "Rape Me" always come to mind when I hear Bens name?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

would not want that dirtball on the Rams,glad that trade was not made.

Cardinalmaniac is offline Registered User

I was just coming to this forum to post this to see Rams fans opinions....looks like I got beat to it

I think either route would have worked out well for the Rams. At the end of the day I don't think Big Ben raped anyone but I do think he put himself in a really stupid position for a really high-profile person...which he's done before.

But at the end of the day, he's a great NFL QB. He's not Manning or Brees, but he's one of those guys who just finds a way to win.

I think if the Rams had pulled this deal, they'd still be in good shape. Think about it, you get your QB and you have a 18th 1st round pick......which could have been used on a guy like Dez Bryant. You get your QB, you get your franchise WR.

THAT SAID, Bradford is directly on the path to panning out to being a very good draft pick. As I said in another thread, he's already the best QB in the NFC West.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Totally agree and quietly wonder what the "we don't need Boy Scouts" fans think...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

i think bradford will be better, i didn't want to do it at the time and i'm certainly glad we didn't now. i also don't like ben for obvious reasons and would not want him on my team.

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

Ben may or may not be a sexual deviant, but I do know he's not very smart. His interview on ESPN (which was a puff piece btw) wasn't convincing to me. He knew what to say, but I don't think he even believed it himself. Don't tell me you've changed, prove it.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

No way, baby. Sam's gonna be the man for a LOOOONG time. Just sit back and wish you had a qb like this.

For the record, that bar Ben was busted at? My band used to play there alot. Been there a thousand times. Have to ask myself of all places ... what the hell was he doing THERE?
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Truthfully, if the Rams had gotten Big Ben for that #1 pick I wouldn't have been too upset... AT THE TIME. I was still very, very scared about Bradford's shoulder, and only once I had heard he bulked up some was I starting to feel better about the Rams drafting him. Still, I was going to support whatever move was made here.

Now, months later, I am very happy with sticking to the plan and getting Bradford. He has played better than I thought he would, and has also taken some big hits that I don't think he would have gotten up from during his days at Oklahoma. He worked hard to prevent future injuries and improve his already fantastic arm... he's got my full respect!