Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Frito is offline Registered User

Bennet Solutions.

Ok Avenger let me reword this.

What solutions can anyone see for the Drew Bennet experiment that does not seem to be working. Coach Linehan doeasnt have time for him to step up.

1. Do we give him more time.

2. Do we trade and do all we can to get someone like an A. Boldin who is unhappy at Arizona. Wanting new deal, Cards WR Boldin asks for trade. AP Tues. Aug 19th 2008 (a dream of course.)

3. Eventually realease him as I see it.

I just wish we would have kept Bruce and traded Bennett.

Last edited by Frito; -08-24-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Bennet Solutions.

I think it will be the first one. We have to keep his morale up some what. He's been working hard and he wants to improve. However, eventually we will release him.

The second one would be great, but we dont have the money to do that. Especially when we need some to get Atogwe signed.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

It frustrating to see what is suppose to be our #2 WR. Boldin would certainly make our team big favorites. How much money does our team have to spend. With Avery and Burton do we even need another receiver? Should we not instead look to bring in some defensive big name or offensive line help. That is what makes it tough.

Lets just hope that last night is the start of what will develope into a playoff contender.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Use him as a situational reciever, goal line, 3rd down etc.. Take some pressure off him, I think he is trying too hard to fill that #2 slot. If that does not work then you have no choice but to let him go. Boldin would be nice but wayyyyyy to expensive.

rammiser is offline Registered User

With Bennett in there the offense comes to a screeching hault. Not having Bruce looks bigger and bigger by the day. Wonder if we could have paid Bruce the extra 2 million and said goodbye to Bennett. I know we would have taken a cap hit from Bennett but arent we taking a cap hit with him on the roster anyway???
    Just Fix It

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Bruce looked great in the game the other night in San Fran, alot better than Bennett will ever look here. Just not right seeing Bruce in a whinners jersey. I think alot of damage was done last year when he was released and brought back for less money. So I'm not sure he really wanted to stay a Ram anyway. I thought the FO did'nt show him much respect in the way that whole situation was handled.

Wolf is offline Registered User

I'd trade him to Cleveland for Shaun Smith.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I'd trade him to Cleveland for Shaun Smith.
    Does Benette have trade value?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    Use him as a situational reciever, goal line, 3rd down etc.. Take some pressure off him, I think he is trying too hard to fill that #2 slot. If that does not work then you have no choice but to let him go. Boldin would be nice but wayyyyyy to expensive.

They tried that last year, and he was bad at that at well.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Another situation I'm looking at, is making Avery the second receiver. I think he did a pretty good job. Definately, he is no Isaac Bruce. Isaac is Isaac. And I'm sure Avery knows that, but that won't stop him from swinging for the fences and eventually filling the role.

Bennett should be #3 receiver. No doubt about it.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

maybe put him on the practice squad or give him back to the Titans in exchange for free passes to Graceland.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    Ok Avenger let me reword this.

What solutions can anyone see for the Drew Bennet experiment that does not seem to be working. Coach Linehan doeasnt have time for him to step up.

1. Do we give him more time.
    A big yes to #1 .. What else can we do at this particular point in time? Free agency is kind of like the stock market. You make an investment based on research (your own or someone else's) and hope for a good return on that investment. The market isn't all that predictable (if it was we'd all be rich) so you just never know .. When stocks take a dive there is the knee jerk reaction to sell before things get worse, but sometimes things get better .. you just never know. In Bennett's case, we are seeing a poor return on a big investment, coupled with the fact that he was acquired to replace a legend. There are some extenuating circumstances though: he was injured last year which arguably hampered his performance. We had a swiss cheese O-line that certainly didn't help timing between the QB and receivers.

This year he is learning a new and complicated offense and quite possibly is still "thinking" more than just playing to his natural abilities. The chances of a good return are still there. Yes he's dropped some balls, but so have others. Drew will have this season to prove he was worth the investment. I'm not making any predictions .. just advocating that we give him the opportunity to make a good return on the Rams' investment. Hopefully he'll remain healthy, and digest his role in Saunder's O to play to the max of his abilities .. Didn't he just receive some kudos from the coaching staff regarding his blocking abilities which resulted in longer runs?? ... Good luck to you Drew, and may you reward the Rams' investment with solid dividends.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I know we would have taken a cap hit from Bennett but arent we taking a cap hit with him on the roster anyway???
    He'd cost us more against the cap if we moved him than if we keep him. Thus, the only real option is to keep him around and hope he gets better.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Well, perhaps Burton has an immediate impact and takes Bennett's receiver number.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Amen. Move Burton there. Save Avery for the slot. Sorry Drew. Can't wait any longer. Time to play.

I liked this guy when we got him. Now? Not so much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast