Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    itsguud is offline Registered User

Bennett and Hall on IR

Per Rotoworld:

RAms just placed Bennett the GIAGANTIC waste of money Bennett and Dante Hall on IR, ending their seasons.

Wow the money we've wasted on bennett could be going to so many better uses.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -11-03-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Bennett and Hall on IR

hopefully ending their Rams Careers too!

Frito is offline Registered User

I 2nd that one.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I 3rd, 4th 5th.... all the way to infinity that same sentament

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

to infinity AND BEYOND!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

bennett and hall on IR per Coats

11.03.2008 3:37 pm
    Season is over for D. Hall, Bennett
    By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    Email this Share this Print this Digg Yahoo! Del.icio.us Facebook Reddit Drudge Google Fark Stumble It!
    Wide receivers Dante Hall and Drew Bennett will be placed on injured reserve, ending their seasons. Hall suffered a high ankle sprain in Sundayís 34-13 loss to Arizona. Bennett has been slow to recover since breaking a bone in his foot in the season-opener.

Hall also was the main return man. Coach Jim Haslett indicated that Derek Stanley would take over those duties.

Linebacker Chris Draft has a fractured right foot, meaning that Quinton Culberson will return to the lineup.

Also, recently signed Kenneth Darby right now is the teamís only healthy running back and could be the starter Sunday when the Rams meet the Jets in New York. The availability of Steven Jackson (thigh), Antonio Pittman (hamstring) and Travis Minor (concussion) is undetermined at this point.

All for now . . .

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: bennett and hall on IR per Coats

good on both accounts, with any luck neither guy every suits up as a Ram again.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Classic case of addition by subtraction. Next on the list should be Klop (the Flop) and Leckey. The long overdue housecleaning has started!!! Go for it Haz!!

WHAT SAY YE?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Also, recently signed Kenneth Darby right now is the teamís only healthy running back and could be the starter Sunday when the Rams meet the Jets in New York. The availability of Steven Jackson (thigh), Antonio Pittman (hamstring) and Travis Minor (concussion) is undetermined at this point.
    This is scary. Darby has a total of 2 carries in his NFL carreer and now he may be our starter? I guess the good news is that he is an unknown quantity and we'll have to wait and see how good or bad he actually is. Hopefully a star is born against the Jets if he indeed does start.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Gentlemen, expect more of this along the way IF the front office has worked a deal to bring Haslett back (after the obligatory Rooney Rule has been satisified). The season is lost and Haslett can chalk it up to Linehan. Why risk further injury to veterans when he can shelve them now, taking off wear and tear in preparation of next year AND get the rookies some snaps this year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bennett and Hall on IR per Coats

Bennett and Hall on IR per Coats

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    This is scary. Darby has a total of 2 carries in his NFL carreer and now he may be our starter? I guess the good news is that he is an unknown quantity and we'll have to wait and see how good or bad he actually is. Hopefully a star is born against the Jets if he indeed does start.

That's true, Mike, it is scary! Having an unknown as our starting RB with walking wounded as backups.

"°Ay caramba!" But I hope Stanley does a decent job returning kicks.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Mike, remember a few years back when Trung Canidate got the start against the Jets in New York and tore it up big time,maybe history will repeat itself with this Darby guy.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Bennett and Hall on IR per Coats

That's true, Mike, it is scary! Having an unknown as our starting RB with walking wounded as backups.

"°Ay caramba!" But I hope Stanley does a decent job returning kicks.
    I Agree it does look pretty nasty. If in fact it boils down to Darby, I'd rather See him share the load with Lance Ball, who if I'm not mistaken, is still on the practice squad. Ball showed a few good runs in the pre-season. If you guys haven't noticed, Rookie Running backs are producing this year. (Chris Johnson, Forte, Rice, Slaton, etc) So in any case, why not gamble on Ball and maybe discover the next back to spell Jax when he returns.

RealRam is offline Registered User

It would be terrific JK, that Darby take advantage of this rare opportunity and show potentail! I'm all for history repeating itself on this one (Trung Canidate's passing achievement).

Should KDarby suddenly play or even start, here's some info on him (FWIW):

From the 2007 NFL Draft profiles

KENNETH DARBY, RB

5-10 / 210 -- Alabama
    40-Yard Dash: 4.55 (EST)

Positives:

During his junior season, Darby showed that he could run well against good, even great defenses, particularly at the end of the season (he played spectacularly in losing efforts against LSU and Auburn). He also put up respectable numbers in Alabama's bowl game against Texas Tech. He possesses tremendous strength, can make catches out of the backfield, runs intelligently, and can make great players miss (see Alabama vs. Ole Miss.)

Finally, he delivers when he needs to, and can consistently convert third-and-short situations.

Negatives:

Darby has mediocre speed for a featured running back, and lacks explosiveness. As such, he cannot make plays that break open games. This will only be more apparent in the NFL, where he will have a lot of trouble running to the outside. Darby also performed very poorly this season, during which he scored zero touchdowns, and barring the Florida game, did not play well against ranked opponents (He averaged 3.01 yds/carry against teams ranked by year's end).

Overview:

Though Darby has had a bad year, he made it clear during his junior season that he possesses undeniable talent and toughness, and that with a good passing game, he can run well against good defenses. Leon Washington showed that players with lackluster senior seasons can still be effective in the NFL. He may not be able to break open games, but he can gain short yardage and convert important third downs.

Projection:

A spectacular combine could lift him into the first day. Otherwise, he will probably end up in the late rounds.

NFL Comparison: Mike Anderson

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The season is lost and Haslett can chalk it up to Linehan.
    Call me crazy HUb, but I still have hope for the season. I don't think Arizona will run away with the West.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    Mike, remember a few years back when Trung Canidate got the start against the Jets in New York and tore it up big time,maybe history will repeat itself with this Darby guy.
    I do remember that game jk and I'd love to see Darby come up big against the Jets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast