View Poll Results: Is Drew Bennett the best #3 WR we have had on our team in the 90's and 2000's.

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 48.15%
  • No

14 51.85%
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Is Bennett the most tallented 3rd WR we have had in the 90's and 2000's.

This is tougher then the TE poll.

We have had some good #3 WRs.

The list would include among others.
    Drew Bennett (consistency) (was at one time #1 WR on Ten. team)
    Azhir Hakim (elusive)
    Ricky Proehl (clutch)
    Kevin Curtis (flashes)
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -06-23-2007 at 08:48 PM.

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

Re: Is Bennett the most tallented 3rd WR we have had in the 90's and 2000's.

He is definetly the most talented white wide receiver the Rams have had since -crazy legs- and Jack Snow:l

helorm341 is offline Registered User

I think Bennett is way more talented then the other guys you list. I think he could also be a true number one or two which those other guys, while still good, couldn't.

Man, we're spoiled when it comes to receivers.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Great question, 99! :r

I'll have to go with a 'NO' here and call out Ricky Proehl to run a slant for a 1st down, make the catch and make his famous 1st-and-10 signal!

Helorm is right, we've had some VERY good WRs and Bennett looks line another fine, talented --and tall receiver-- to add to the list!

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

I dont think you can put ricky in the historical catagory.
    it was the beginning of his twilight years when he was a Ram. not like when he was a -card-

Varg6 is offline Registered User

In Linehan's system, consistency is a #1 concern and having an extra Mr. Consistent is a damn great thing. Not to mention his red zone effectiveness will pay off big time this season. I'd say he's definitely our best #3 in recent memory, and we haven't even seen him play in the Horns yet. This season is going to be incredibly interesting

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Great question, 99! :r

I'll have to go with a 'NO' here and call out Ricky Proehl to run a slant for a 1st down, make the catch and make his famous 1st-and-10 signal!

Helorm is right, we've had some VERY good WRs and Bennett looks line another fine, talented --and tall receiver-- to add to the list!
    agreed,Proehl gets the nod, if for no other reason the catch in the championship game.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Bennett has proved nothing for us yet, and Proehl was such a clutch reciever making the big TD catches late in playoff games. If I ever saw Proehl drop a pass I was shocked. He was Mr. Reliable.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Tallented?

Certainly the most Tallented.

Scuse the pun on the (unintentional, SB99?) pun.

As for Talented, I think Ricky dominates my memories of our 1999 win as a young tacker. For sentimental value, and the added leadership, he gets my vote.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, let's see how he does first, but....

Per game w/ Rams

Curtis - 2.67 rec., 33.6 yards
    McD - 1.89 rec., 21.7 yards
    Hakim - 2.64 rec., 36.3 yards
    Proehl - 2.76 rec., 34.5 yards

Per game (career)

Bennett - 3.17 rec., 46.9 yards

Bennett's numbers are a little better than our previous #3's (and #4's), but he has been the go-to guy in Nashville for the past two seasons and a full 3 seasons removed from the #3 spot. He's a talented receiver, but he ain't named Holt or Bruce so all the talent in the world (just ask Curtis) won't create extra passes. There's only so many to go around.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod