throwback week

Thread: Bennette

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Bennette

I was hoping he would turn out to be a Joe Jeravicious last year but so far he's proven to be a bust. With his payroll, the fans, coaches and organization need to apply the pressure. He wasnt clutch and hasnt provided proof this year. Post game stats during preseason barely indicate much from him. Hobbled by an injury to start out the season again and Issac bruce is laughing all the way to the bank.

Although it doesnt sound like it, i am pulling for the guy. And hoping that he, the fans, the entire team and the organization do everything possible to make last year a memory....RAMS BABY!!!

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

Re: Bennette

One thing to consider with Bennett which is easily able to understand for others like Bulger, Holt, Jackson... is that last year the O-line was so bad the Bulger never had time to throw which means Bennett's performance was influenced by the O-line as well. Give the man a chance to play with a second longer to make a good route. As a reciever it is your job to get open quickly. With a healthy Offensive Line, we will see a different player than we did last year with Bennett.

moloch41 Guest

One of Bennett's biggests problems since being with the Rams is drops- something he continued to do in the preseason. He also hasn't managed to avoid the DL very often- and he's missed a lot of practices this preseason already to injuries.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    I was hoping he would turn out to be a Joe Jeravicious last year but so far he's proven to be a bust. With his payroll, the fans, coaches and organization need to apply the pressure. He wasnt clutch and hasnt provided proof this year. Post game stats during preseason barely indicate much from him. Hobbled by an injury to start out the season again and Issac bruce is laughing all the way to the bank.

Although it doesnt sound like it, i am pulling for the guy. And hoping that he, the fans, the entire team and the organization do everything possible to make last year a memory....RAMS BABY!!!
    I'll concur with that.

SotaRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, I agree Drew hasn't been an impact for us. But I say we give him the first two games to make something happen. If not, we have two GREAT rookies who can more than fill the bill!

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SotaRam View Post
    Yeah, I agree Drew hasn't been an impact for us. But I say we give him the first two games to make something happen. If not, we have two GREAT rookies who can more than fill the bill!
    Based on the fact that he's on the team, and barring any injury, he will be for the rest of the season, we kinda HAVE to give him a chance (more than two games). That being said, I really hope he steps up, gets his head together and hangs on to the ball. We know he is capable of doing so as his performance in Tennessee showed. IF he can get grips on his problem he will be a valuable asset to this team, and here's to hoping that happens.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I've been very patient with our Headcoach (SLAP) and I'm still in his corner. For some reason and I'm not sure what it is? I just don't have that same attitude towards Drew Bennett. He better come out the very 1st game of the season and impress. No excuses.

Are player opposition parties allowed at the CLAN?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    I was hoping he would turn out to be a Joe Jeravicious last year
    Unfortunately he's been more like Sid Vicious....

WHAT SAY YE?