Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie on 1380 (radio)

Says team worked on red-zone offense (today), and he was fired up with the way Bennett goes up and gets the ball, and the space McMichael and Bennett create....he's excited with the personnel they've added to the mix...thinks (if healthy) they can have a great offense, but he doesn't want to jinx it by predicting anything...but he's really impressed.

Bulger and a New contract?

"I hope so... I wanna be here. I love the new coaching staff. I love the new guys we have, the young guys we've added. We can do some special things, and I want to be a part of it."

--B

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie on 1380 (radio)

I hate the offseason, can anyone get some local news video of the mini camp? If so please feel free to post them. I hate getting this excited this long before the season. Man I cant wait!
    Just Fix It

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Says team worked on red-zone offense (today), and he was fired up with the way Bennett goes up and gets the ball, and the space McMichael and Bennett create....he's excited with the personnel they've added to the mix...thinks (if healthy) they can have a great offense, but he doesn't want to jinx it by predicting anything...but he's really impressed.
    Sounds great. Ultimately though it's going to be up to the offensive line to provide to protection for Bulger to find those targets. I hope our line continues to make strides from where they left off last year, specifically on that right side.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

That is the irony about it. Everyone talks about how great the offense is, but to me, you got to count the offensive line when you say "offense" and I can't honestly say we have an amazing offense at this point until I see the offensive line in action. I know the WRs, the QB, the RB can get the job done, but the line...I still have a question mark there, although I am more confident about it than I was last year.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

helorm341 Guest

I thought the OL did really good last year considering the many changes that it went through and people being forced to play out of position. We have pace back this year and Barron got progressivly better last year. Barron could be a pro bowler if he fixes his timing. I love the way incognito plays too. If anyone tries to take a cheap shot at the qb or hb he lets them know what he thinks.

I think the OL could be very solid this year, but this more then anything else is something we won't know until the first preseason game.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I hate the offseason, can anyone get some local news video of the mini camp? If so please feel free to post them. I hate getting this excited this long before the season. Man I cant wait!

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/minicamp#rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Bulger was sacked 49 times last season. I don't know the breakdown. Meaning how many of those sacks were created by Bulger holding the ball avoiding the possible turnover (NEW LINEHAN SYSTEM) or the o-line getting beat or missed blocks by a back? My feeling is that with the GREAT season Bulger had last season despite the shake ups on the o-line (injuries etc) thus allowing more o-line players the chance to get regular season experience and create some chemistry. Compounded with Bulger coming out and challenging players/player to get their heads into the game. Further compounded with the additions of McMichael, Bennett, Leonard and Dante Hall.

The o-line is going to be better than average and our offense is going to be on a roll all of the 2007 season. Look out NFL here we come!!!!!:r:l

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Guys and gals, please understand I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the excitement, but the question has to be asked with this and every other camp report:

Is the impressive play of one side of the ball indicative of the potential of that side or the failings of the other side?

I'm only posing the question, folks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Guys and gals, please understand I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on the excitement, but the question has to be asked with this and every other camp report:

Is the impressive play of one side of the ball indicative of the potential of that side or the failings of the other side?

I'm only posing the question, folks.
    As the Gieco Caveman would say...............

WHAT!!!!??????

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    As the Gieco Caveman would say...............

WHAT!!!!??????
    Well, let me say, I too am excited about what Bennett and McMichael could bring to our red zone game. However, what the coaches are seeing on the practice field is Rams O vs. Rams D. Just like in with every report that comes out of camp during the summer, for every rams unit that has a success story, there is a rams unit on the other side of the ball that got beat.

So I guess I'm wondering......does this article speak more to the abilities of our red zone additions, or to how bad our red zone D looks?

Like I said, I'm excited too, but the question has to be asked.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sprtsmac Guest

And its a fair question. I guess we really won't know until we see our offense in the redzone against another team. But until that time, we can always dream about those redzone TD's.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Hubison you do bring up an excellent question, BUT I think it's fair to remember that our total offensive was ranked sixth overall in the entire NFL. With our new off season acquisitions we could realistically be ranked 2nd or 3rd at the end of next year. Not that I'm saying I didn't get your point about our defense, but lets at least take the good news for what it worth, good news.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Bulger was sacked 49 times last season. I don't know the breakdown. Meaning how many of those sacks were created by Bulger holding the ball avoiding the possible turnover (NEW LINEHAN SYSTEM)
    I thought the new Linehan system was throwing the ball away and not forcing it? I don't recall a big emphasis on holding onto the ball and taking a sack.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

I thought the new Linehan system was throwing the ball away and not forcing it? I don't recall a big emphasis on holding onto the ball and taking a sack.
    Marc looked lost early in the year and then lit it up! I will go on the record and say we start as fast as we finished.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    To add to that, all of the dump off passes to Jackson was a nice change from years past of holding on to the ball too long also.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast