Thread: Bernie 7-19

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie 7-19

I have talked to someone in the Rams' front office about these things -- believe it or not, I try to keep abreast of this stuff...

And:

1. Some interest in Jenkins, but lots of concern about weight, attitude, new-contract demands. If Carolina decides to move him, the Rams are interested, but they won't give up much for him, and if the Panthers want a No. 1 or a No. 2, then there's nothing to discuss.

2. Plowing forward with the Bulger contract.... not an easy deal, but nothing has broken down.

One thing I haven't been able to determine is if there's any interest in Culpepper now that he's free...

--B

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie 7-19

I give them credit for still thinking about Jenkins, but of course wanting to pay not much and making sure of what they're getting. As good as Carriker can be this year, if they can get a pro bowl quality NT and let Carriker learn behind him and develop more slowly, I think we'd be a much stronger team in the long run.

No surprise on Bulger.

I really hope the rumors are really not true about Culpepper. There's no reason whatsoever, as we already have a perfectly good number two.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

So what Bernie is saying is its possible that the Rams will trade for Jenkins if the do not not trade for Jenkins. As for Bulger his contract will get done if they don't not get it done. As for Culpeper he is unsure and hopes to investigate a little more and report back with an in depth report like he did on the other two topics.

You gota love Bernie and his insider scoops.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -07-19-2007 at 11:17 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    So what Bernie is saying is its possible that the Rams will trade for Jenkins if the do not not trade for Jenkins. As for Bulger his contract will get done if they don't not get it done. As for Culpeper he is unsure and hopes to investigate a little more and report back with an in depth report like he did on the other two topics.

You gota love Bernie and his insider scoops.
    Too bad AV's on vacation......he would have enjoyed this one.

However, as has been said before, this time of year Bernie has no choice but to hang on every Cardinal at-bat. If he has to throw his sycophants at the Pressbox a bone every once in a while, so be it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod