Thread: The Bernie bits

RamWraith is offline Registered User

The Bernie bits

BernieM wrote:
    I'm disappointed.
    This team could use instant impact from the draft.
    There are holes to fill.

That said ... to early for me to declare these guys busts.

Maybe in time they will be just that -- but I also remember all the people declaring J. Kennedy a failure right away, and that was premature.

--B

BernieM wrote:
    no big deal, but FYI...

After reviews by the Elias Stats Bureau, the official statisticians of the NFL, the following statistical changes were made:

- A first quarter sack for -6 yards with 0:28 remaining that was originally credited to Ramsí DE Leonard Little has now been credited to DT Jimmy Kennedy. Kennedy also is credited with a forced fumble on the play.

- A second quarter sack for -8 yards with 0:44 remaining that was originally credited to Cardinalsí DT Darnell Dockett has now been credited to DE Bertrand Berry.

- A fourth quarter sack for -9 yards with 7:44 remaining that was originally credited to Ramsí DT Ryan Pickett will be split by Pickett and Little.

Following the statistical changes, Kennedy is now credited with 2.0 sacks for -10 yards, and Little and Pickett are credited with 0.5 sacks for -4.5 yards each. S Adam Archuleta keeps his originally credited sack with 0:27 remaining in the fourth quarter for -5 yards, and one sack for -8 yards with 0:45 remaining in the first quarter will remain a team sack.

For the season, Little now has 2.5 sacks for -13.5 yards, Kennedy has 2.0 sacks for -10 yards, Archuleta has 1.0 sack for -5 yards, Pickett has 0.5 sacks for -4.5 yards, and 1.0 team sack for -8 yards for a total of 7.0 sacks this season.

--B

BernieM wrote:
    kennedy has been very good.... but this TENN line is big and experienced and I'm curious to see how he does Sunday. He's moving up in class (in terms of competition).

--B

BernieM wrote:
    TENNESSEE

OUT: S Vincent Fuller (ankle)
    QUESTIONABLE:
    WR Drew Bennett (foot)
    RB Chris Brown (concussion)
    DT Albert Haynesworth (knee)
    WR Courtney Roby (toe)
    S Justin Sandy (foot)
    LB Peter Sirmon (knee)

Players who missed at least a portion of team practice:
    Wednesday: All players listed missed at least a portion of team practice

ST. LOUIS

OUT: T Rex Tucker (calf)

QUESTIONABLE: CB Terry Fair (neck)

Players who missed at least a portion of team practice:
    Wednesday: T Rex Tucker

--B

BernieM wrote:
    Last 22 reg-season games, they've topped 30 points only twice, including once in the last 13 ...

while it's unfair to compare them to the good old days, it's quite a comedown.... from 1999-2001, reg season, they exceeded 30 pts 36 times in 48 games. That's unbelievable.

While no offense can be expected to achieve that .... the Rams certainly can and should be able to click off 30 points with more regularity.

--B

BernieM wrote:
    I'm going to list some of the problems in tomorrow's column.

but it really is a combination of things.

protection breakdowns...bulger not being as sharp as in the past on 3rd downs...drops....martz not having developed the right feel for play calling with this group as he tries to build more around S. Jackson.

--B

Re: The Bernie bits

looks like just a bunch of stats to me. Is Bernie the Dolt taking a leaf out of Balzers book I wonder? mmmmmmm

Rambos is offline Registered User

We have had two road games talk to me after Sundays game, we will put up 30+ and Marc will look great doing it!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    We have had two road games talk to me after Sundays game, we will put up 30+ and Marc will look great doing it!
    I agree but everyone here talks about playing at home. We proved we could win games at home we have to improve on the road. We have 6 more road games left if we lose those the best we could finish would be 9-7. It would be tough to make it with that record. If we did we would surely be on the road. For us to be a great team we have to start being a lot better road team.

ReedleyRam Guest

They made it look so easy back then. Go Rams!