I hope Pace has fired the Postons.

I'm not sure what glue " Ice " has been sniffing, but I've never liked the Postons and have never said they were right.

I just defend any player's right to try and pursue a contract that he thinks is best for him -- as long as he isn't violating an existing contract.

Cheers,
Bernie

BernieM wrote:
I've ripped hater fans who, for one, kept falsely accusing Pace of "holding out" when he did nothing of the sort. These yahoos don't even understand the NFL economic system.

Pace had every right to employ the Postons. I don't have to agree with him, but I'm not going to hate on him because of his choice.

And as I have said, it takes two to make a deal. The Rams haven't exactly been aggressive in trying to make a deal with Pace.

Pace came out yesterday and in Martz's evaluation played the best game of his NFL career. All of this hand-wringing over training camp was much to do about nothing.

Pace is here, he's kicking butt, he's in the best shape of his career and his teammates support him 100 percent.

The yahoos are just going to have to get over it.

Cheers,
Bernie

BernieM wrote:
Martz's play-calling in the red zone was disappointing.

But his team had 448 yards, so I'd conclude that he called some good plays along the way.

I think the many quick slants, for example, where the perfect counter to Arizona's blitzes. He sniffed out their tactics pretty well.

Cheers,
Bernie

BernieM wrote:
How could anyone be ashamed of a team that had Marshall Faulk running like the old days, an offensive line blocking with great precision and intensity, and Isaac Bruce making the tough catches and taking a beating? How could anyone be ashamed of a defense that had guys running out to get dislocated body parts popped back into place, then running back in to finish the game?

I'm telling you, this stuff is irrational.

If anyone wants to criticize the red-zone execution and play calling, that's fair game. Plenty to take question, there.

But for anyone to question the effort and intensity and say they're embarrassed to be a Rams fan....that's looney-tunes.

Cheers,

Bernie

BernieM wrote:
I hope Martz coaches here a long time.

Two reasons:

1. I like it when the local teams are successful; makes my job more fun.
2. Never a dull moment with this guy; he's a lightning rod. And that makes for great entertainment.

I think the hatred of Martz is really funny. I used to get worked up about it, but now I just roll with it. It just amazes me how bad some people have it for this guy. It's an infatuation.

I wonder if this stuff goes on in other NFL cities. Heck, let's look at the one to our West....Vermeil is considered a genius, and Martz a fool. That's fine. I'd just like to know the difference between the two teams since the start of last season. wins, losses, playoff success, correcting problems.

Cheers,
Bernie

BernieM wrote:
I takes two to make a deal.

Pace did what he thought was best.

And he's already been vindicated...because all the nonsense that was said about Pace during his time away from camp has already turned out to be untrue. He wasn't out of shape. He was ready to play. He played the best game of his career. And his teammates love him.

So just get over it....it's over.

The big dude doesn't have to take orders from hater fans. He's a free man. He can operate under the NFL system in a way that he feels is appropriate.

And if he wants to kick his agents out, that's his call. I think he'd be better off for doing it.

Cheers,
Bernie

BernieM wrote:
Because he didn't have to report.

As I said before, that's not so bad -- him being away. Freak injuries can happen. We see it all the time in NFL camps and practices.

Question: was Pace ready to start the season?

A straight yes or no answer.

Yes.

Cheers,
Bernie

BernieM wrote:
....or Martz haters.

That would be a good poll...

what STL sports figure do STL fans hate the most?

I'd say Martz and La Russa are neck and neck....which probably explains why they've become such good friends.

Cheers,
Bernie