Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Bernie: Bradford Takes A Big Step Back

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Bradford Takes A Big Step Back

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Remember... Sam is only 25 yeards old.

Kurt Warner was 28 when he started his first game for the Rams.
    Warner wasnt a 1st round pick (not to mention the 1st pick) either. If Warner would have played spotty like Bradford, it would have been expected, and we would just be waiting for Trent Green to get healthy. Bradford needs to be more consistant... Well i guess he is with 4 good games, 4 bad, and 2 ok. And Brandford has shown he cant be great unless most of the stars in the universe align. So hopefully they can align more often for him.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Warner wasnt a 1st round pick (not to mention the 1st pick) either. If Warner would have played spotty like Bradford, it would have been expected, and we would just be waiting for Trent Green to get healthy. Bradford needs to be more consistant... Well i guess he is with 4 good games, 4 bad, and 2 ok. And Brandford has shown he cant be great unless most of the stars in the universe align. So hopefully they can align more often for him.
    Um... yeah... you completely missed my point.

I was responding to the statement that we should hope the Rams put talent around Sam while he's "still in his prime." My point was that, at 25, he hasn't even reached his "prime."

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Um... yeah... you completely missed my point.

I was responding to the statement that we should hope the Rams put talent around Sam while he's "still in his prime." My point was that, at 25, he hasn't even reached his "prime."
    Lol, yeap i missed your point... Sorry, my apologies

mh-i is offline Registered User

I think he has alredady done that and, even if he didn't have a big cap number, he'd be the Rams' QB for the foreseeable future.
    I think if next year we get the same up and down perfomance to go along with a sub .500 record that will be it. Eventually Fisher will have to protect his job if Bradford doesn't work out. Given the team's 3-6-1 record so far I think we'll see the house cleaning from last off season continue. The following year after that it will be some of the stars(Bradford) going if this isn't turned around. The "everybody around Bradford sucks" excuse runs it's course at some point.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    The "everybody around Bradford sucks" excuse runs it's course at some point.
    The fact that you call it an "excuse" shows how out-of-touch you are with the reality of the situation.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a single coach or scout who would argue that Bradford has a good supporting cast. Basically, he has only one above average O lineman who has been able to stay healthy (Dahl). He has only one above average WR, and he too has not been healthy much of the last two years (Amendola). His TE is below average. And... he has yet to run the same offense for two consecutive years.

Those aren't excuses. That is reality.

You are more than welcome to think whatever you want, but I think you should get used to the fact that the Rams' organization does not view Sam Bradford as a guy on the hot (or even warm) seat.

richtree is offline Registered User

it my heart I know Bradford would be much better with an Oline upgrade next season. Look at Ponder's success since Khalil has been there. I think our WRs are much better than people think (same with Kendricks) but our scheme is so out of wack due to the Oline.

The only thing Bradford should be doing more of is throwing the ball deep while feeling the heat, yet sit in the on take the hit....

I think Bradford is finally close to healthy (maybe needs ankle surgery, idk?) but needs a full offseason of weight room and learning to take a hit, etc....

Eli Manning was like this, then turned into a durable guy that can throw in tough situations and never miss a game....

Bradford still has that feeling that everytime he gets hit, he can be out for the year.....and ever time there is pressure it 99 out of 100 it is short dump and never kills defense..

oh well, we will be drafting in top 10 this year....and better be getting 2 Olineman that are impact players

macrammer is online now Registered User

Remember... Sam is only 25 yeards old.

Kurt Warner was 28 when he started his first game for the Rams.
    I was being facetious.....seems that I read and see alot about waiting to judge Sam until he gets all of the weapons he needs to fully grade him on skills in the NFL. Three years into it and while Sam has shown stretches of strong capabilities he also has showed inconsistency.

I appreciate Sam and just want him to lead the Rams to be something other then what we have been for now going on 6 years....While stats are one way to measure a QB, winning utlimately is the best way ot judge any team. Yes, team....as this is a team game but the QB, right or wrong, draws the most kudos and criticism of any other position player in the game. Consistency and ultimately winning is how I judge a team.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by ljcrayton View Post
    I just have to know. Am I the only who really isn't that excited about Bradford? I remember thinking in the 4th quarter against the Jets that if Sam Bradford got the ball that I really didn't see a comeback coming.

I don't know what it is, but it seems Bradford gets cold really fast. They come out all these games and play hard, but if the defense doesn't bail out the offenses mistakes, we get blown out.

I mean seriously, Mark freakin Sanchez straight up schooled Bradford. At this point, I don't see an excuse for Bradford. We may have a group of receivers that aren't that great, but the Jets have the WORST group of receivers int he league and they have a guy on their line that WE cut. So they have worst receivers, they have at best, an equally crappy offensive line and yet they put up 27 points in our home. The only difference offensively is the QB.

I'm not saying that Sanchez is better, I'm just saying that Bradford isn't what we expected. If you wanna defense Bradford then feel free to pick any other QB to compare him to.

RG3 vs Bradford
    Luck vs Bradford
    Newton vs Bradford
    Tannehill vs Bradford
    Dalton vs Bradford

Let's face it guys. We have an average QB and you are lying to yourself and you see something else. Here's a question, in 3 years how many 300+ yard passing games has Bradford had? i think 3? 8 days ago, luck threw for 400 yards. Um...is Bradford ever gonna throw for 400 yards? Can Bradford bring us back into a game down by 10?

I know he's not all the blame, but seriously, when your team has a chance to make a comeback and you really feel in your heart that Bradford just can't do it (and you get proven right almost all the time) I can't help but think we have made ourselves believe that Bradford is this future Tom Brady when in reality, he's looking like a future Trent Green....good, but we can do better.

But, I think we can rally around Sam Bradord... and we can....

I don't even believe that anymore.
    Luck, Rg3 and maybe even Dalton.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Why is it only Bradford that gets this level of scrutiny and criticism? Drew Brees just threw a five interception game. Matt Ryan has done that this season. Have they taken a step back?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234