Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Bernie burns Jackson

Sorry- y'all got totally off the point.

Bernie had some good points. But he chose to burden Jackson with calling out the 'D'. That's BS guys.

Jackson wanted noise in the stands, which is reasonable.

Bernie needed a foil to base his article on - no big deal.

But again, the post is NOT about SJ.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If Bernie woke up one day and realized he had only 30 minutes to write his column before his deadline, the only question would be what he would do with the remaining 27 minutes after he finished writing.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No, that's not what he wrote at all IMO. Bernie writes that Jackson will have to choose between staying in St. Louis or taking a bigger contract with another team. If Bernie didn't think the Rams were going to try to resign him, then Jackson wouldn't be able to choose to stay here. He'd have no contract offer, and would have to go elsewhere. The situation in this scenario is that it's Jackson's choice to stay or go, meaning the Rams want him to stay but it's on Steven. I don't see where you get the idea that anyone's saying to get rid of him.
    ehhh I got confused, but what I meant was like...us even letting him hit free-agency type of thing.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

One more thing: If Jackson thinks it's inexcusably wrong for Rams fans to sell their tickets to the highest, out-of-town bidder, we'll see if he holds himself to that same standard when he becomes a free agent.
    This is probably the most interesting comment in the piece. I think it's valid to an extent, but the key difference is that we choose to be fans of the team, whereas the team chose him. But how can we expect him to keep going out there and giving his all when the St. Louis fans won't even be there to cheer him on? Economics aside, I'd be pretty frustrated if I had just made a great play and wanted to share my excitement with the crowd, but when I looked up all I saw was opposing jerseys where I'd hoped to see friends and supporters. Speaking of leaving town, I reckon a player would have to take the fan support into account when deciding whether to re-sign; he might get to feeling unappreciated here.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

As I've state before in other post, I think this team is coming back to L.A. I hope without Georgia Frontiere.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with what Steven said about the fans. My brother has 4 season tickets to the Steelers and he is poor. He has 5 (going on 6) kids and a wife that stays home. He never has the opposing fans in his seats. He sells half the tickets to other Steeler fans at cost because he really can't afford them. I am sure he could sell the tickets for a profit, but he is not that kind of football fan.

I think the St Louis fans that have sold their tickets for profit should give them up. This should not be a money making opportunity for the season ticket holders.
    let me get this straight, your brother has 6 kids and is poor, yet he has 4 season tickets to the steelers,but in a show of loyality he won't sell them to non-steeler fans,wow what a guy,how about some loyality to your family,how about spending that money on your family,this is none of my business but i find that whole thing very disturbing.great football fan-yes, great father and husband-not so much.

GSOT is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Well said. The fans in St. Louis are very arrogant. Do they know how greedy they are? Us fans outside of the city and state of Missouri would kill to have tickets to every game and watch our Rams play! But sadly we can't, and they can and sell the tickets at a very large and greedy price, because there arrogant.
    LOL wow...

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    As I've state before in other post, I think this team is coming back to L.A. I hope without Georgia Frontiere.
    AHAHHAHA Keep dreaming.. LOL I think I'm done looking at this forum. You all keep forgeting about that 30 year lease on the dome!
    Last edited by Nick; -12-17-2006 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Use EDIT feature instead of making back to back posts

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Well said. The fans in St. Louis are very arrogant. Do they know how greedy they are? Us fans outside of the city and state of Missouri would kill to have tickets to every game and watch our Rams play! But sadly we can't, and they can and sell the tickets at a very large and greedy price, because there arrogant.
    what if you wanted to go see the rams play an away game close to where you live,where would you get the tickets ? ebay or a ticket broker, well where the hell do you think they get the tickets from,season tickets holders,so therefore these fans of the team the rams are playing sold there tickets and now you can buy them and go to see your team play on the road.does this make these people arrogant and bad fans,i dont think so just like the fans in st. louis are not bad fans either,if you shell out the price for season tickets,you can do whatever you want with them.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Brother, it's not arrogance.....it's capitalism. Still alive and well in this nation last time I checked.

I have no problem whatsoever with Jackson being frustrated about the crowd. I am as well, and have been for a couple of years now. I have no problem with this millionaire kid vocalizing his desire to move the team from a blue-collar working midwest town to a glitzy party town like L.A. I do have a huge problem with someone making $2.54 million this year telling people, who earn on average $28k per year (avg. household income for STL), what thhe should, or should not do with their money.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

I just don't get why Bernie himself criticizes the fans when no one else is doing it, but then when a player like Jackson criticizes the fans Bernie wants to defend them. Oh wait, I do get it, he wants to create a story that has his name beside it. He did the same thing when Linehan would not give the media much time during the mini camp, he did his best to make him look like a lousy coach. Write something from the heart Bernie, you might get more respect if you did.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

when you go out there and you are pounding the ball on every play, running behind a sub-par line and carrying guys on your back just for an extra yard in your home stadium, and you get greeted by louder shouting from the opposing fans?

Id be annoyed too.

what jackson said was a spur of the moment thing, when he was obvioulsy frustrated/annoyed. But it rings true, and the Rams fans need to step up and help this team. How is it going to help Barron stop false starting if the opposition fans are making so much noise when the Rams are on offense in the EJD? What kind of confidence does it give the team when you are playing at home and all you can hear are fans cheering on the opponants?

Jackson was right on this one. And the fact he is calling fans out for it shows he wants the fans to get better. If he didnt care he would keep quiet and be out of STL at the first opportunity.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

And the fact he is calling fans out for it shows he wants the fans to get better.
    Maybe, but I doubt Jackson (or any professional athlete) has much concern for what makes the fans better. Truth be told, I think Jackson made his desires quite clear with his remark about LA.
    If he didnt care he would keep quiet and be out of STL at the first opportunity
    He probably will be anyway. When his contract comes up (next year, I believe) he'll be on top of the world and someone will offer him sick money. If he's smart he'll take it, because as a RB it may be his best shot at fat money. Maybe he'll resign, but I doubt it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12