Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bernie Bytes: Bradford struggles going deep ..

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bernie Bytes: Bradford struggles going deep ..

Mark my words...

In the coming weeks, you'll see Bernie writing critical comments about Bradford. Nothing too definitive. Just a jab here and there. Enough so, if Bradford does not succeed, Bernie can claim he was the first one to see the problems, and if Bradford does succeed, he'll have an out that his criticism was tempered.

You can't really blame Bernie for his inability to take a stand on an issue, though. He's too used being asked, "would you like to order from Column A or Column B" and responding "yes."

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Ok and why couldn't we say that Peterson got lucky returning a 99 yard punt. It wasn't luck it was Peterson fielding shorter yardage punts where we had only a short distance to get to him. Much like the last punt.

My point was though that Bernie said theres really nothing to be gained there. Thats just wrong. We had success doing that so how is there really nothing to be gained. Im not saying kicking it out of bounds would've been a bad idea. It obviously would'nt of been after that return. Im just simply pointing out the fact that doing what we did there worked to perfection all game, and I don't know if he did'nt notice that or what.
    Three things happened on that Peterson punt return for a TD.

1. Jones out punted the coverage team.
    2. Peterson shouldn't have fielded the punt. C'mon inside the 5 yard line? I'm sure he's been told to let those go into the endzone.
    3. Very poor tackling by our coverage team. I think they might have felt that Peterson was going to let it go into the endzone and let up?

I don't know it makes sense to me.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I think personally that Sam is trying to be too precise with his passe's, particularly the long throws.? I think he is concentrating way too much, on protecting the ball. A lot of overthrows is the result.! Sometimes on them long passe's, it doesn't have to be a perfect pass.! It is just as easy to get completions, or a penalty. By simply taking a few chances with the ball, let the receivers fight for it.? The team is only going to punt it away anyhow.? What has Sam and the team got to lose, to me a punt is no different than an interception, just as long as it is on the opponents half. Maybe, it is coach Spags conservative ways as well.? I dont know.?
    Whatever the reason, something needs to change in this offense.?

richtree is online now Registered User

I think Bradford has 3 major problems on throwing the deep ball (not talking Oline here, just Bradford):

#1 He doesn't step up in pocket well
    #2 He doesn't like to go deep if he knows a big hit will follow (rather check down)
    #3 He doesn't look away the coverage yet on the 3rd level (needs more time in system)

You may say the oline could be better, and wr's could be better., but so could Bradford.

I am interested to compare Teabow's second half numbers vs. Bradford's second half numbers....

Denver has probably less offensive talent than we do and Teabow still may end up having more impact throws than Bradford.....kind of depressing we can't get insync on offensive
    RockinRam likes this.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I personally think Bradford is not as good as advertised.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Sam really hasn't had a pocket to move up into. However, he's hearing footsteps and seems to be serching for Amendola when he does have time.

Good grief. We're witnessing the destruction of a promising young talent right before our eyes.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -11-09-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Let the hype begin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12