Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bernie Bytes: Disgusting Day In Dallas

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie Bytes: Disgusting Day In Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Don't really agree with the hate on Schottenheimer. The guy did a decent job last year with limited talent on the roster and nobody really seemed to be very critical towards him. Now all of a sudden the guy stinks. He didn't get stupid overnight.
    Actually, our offense really wasn't that good last year. For the record as I looked it up, not once did Scottemheimer finish in the top 10 in offensive yards or points while with the NY Jets and most of the time he was way back in the bottom third of offenses. We have way more talent on offense than the Sanchez led jets ever did.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    Actually, our offense really wasn't that good last year. For the record as I looked it up, not once did Scottemheimer finish in the top 10 in offensive yards or points while with the NY Jets and most of the time he was way back in the bottom third of offenses. We have way more talent on offense than the Sanchez led jets ever did.
    Not last year we didn't. Other than rookie Chris Givens, we had no consistent threat at the reciever position and Amendola was hurt for much of the year, yet Bradford still had 21 TD passes and threw for 3700 yards.

I live in NJ and am very familiar with the Jets and all the negativity towards Schottenhiemer when he was there. While some criticism is warranted and I do believe he should start to open things up a bit, this vitriol towards him as if he's a "fraud" and the most terrible coordinator in the league is nonsense. I believe as the crop of rookies and young guys become more comfortable in the offense, he'll open things up a bit. If he doesn't, THEN the criticism will be more than justified.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -09-24-2013 at 10:06 AM.

heff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you on Senior---- hes won everywhere he's been. Perhaps not the Superbowl, but his teams were perennial contestants in the playoffs.

I do, however, agree that Junior wasnt a great choice for OC IMO.
    I was a displaced Rams fans living in Kansas, so I adopted the Chiefs for a bit. I'll never forget him saying "Elvis Grbac is the future of this team," when the howls for Gannon got louder and louder with every one-hop or wounded-duck

He refused to play Rich Gannon for that assclown Grbac, and Gannon went west where he was a pro bowl QB for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12