throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bernie Bytes: Ex-Patriot fires back at Faulk

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie Bytes: Ex-Patriot fires back at Faulk

I still think they blatantly cheated their way to a few SB's. Martz was an excellent FOOTBALL coach in general. He knew the X's and O's of the game like no other. He put us in a position to succeed. He (not the sole reason) but was a HUGE part of bringing us 1 ring, and it should have been 2. Its a shame that team couldn't pull through and be considered a dynasty, because thats exactly what they were.
    Curly Horns and ZiaRam like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'll stop here. By the end of the day, I see to it that our loss to the Super Bowl was mainly because of Martz's gameplan, bad officiating has contributed to our loss as well but when you fail to adjust the gameplan, especially with a team that was lightyears better than the other, you'll still get dragged back down to Earth. It's best to move on before someone starts making conspiracies set out by the Illuminati.
    live4ramin likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Did you read the 9th post I made on this thread? It clearly says I support Martz but he obviously needs someone to control his madness of running a pass happy offense. I remember watching that Bears-Giants game in 2010 where Cuter was sacked 10 times because Martz often called for deep drop backs (which obviously doesn't bode well for against an elite pass rushing defense).
    Yeah I read it, so what? You are obviously on the fence. Jumping from supporting Martz to not supporting Martz. What am I to make of that? Other than you are undecided. Cutler was sacked 10 times because Martz called a pass play that required a deep drop? I would think the OL was the reason he was sacked not because of the play call. But smart comments aside, what does this have to do with SB36? How many times was Rodgers sacked on deep pass drops against seattle this year in the fail-mary game? How does that reflect on Mike McCarthy? Does someone need to hold him and his play calling in check too?

Martz as an OC is excellent when under a good coach like Vermeil. As an HC, an elite roster will mask his deficiencies.
    I wish I had a hundred bucks for every time I have read that on this forum. I'm sure I could pay off our house or send someones kid to college. These are absolutely worthless statements.

Martz had carte blanche under Vermeil. It was Martz' offense. He had complete control during the game. An elite roster will mask any deficiencies on any team under any coach.

Seeing that you're unwilling to respond to NJ RamsFan's post in the other thread, you blatantly lack objectivity in depth when it comes to acknowledging perspectives from different angles and rely on cynicism with a pinch of personal attacks. If the roles were reversed for teams, I'm sure most of us would be laughing it off while the other team would have their share of bitterness some fans here reflect upon.
    WTH? I responded to his run away post. But even if I had not (since it really was not worthy of a response) then so what? You have given no objectivity as he gave none. All you and he have given are conceptions, perceptions, notions, emotions and personal bias. That's not objectivity. How am I the cynic in this? If anything you and the other guy are the cynics. You are the ones that claim Martz is so self-centered. I have not rendered any personal attacks. Please point to one if you find it because I am not aware of any? Now I am as dizzy as getting off the merry-go-round with all this spin.
    LA Rammer likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

I'll stop here. By the end of the day, I see to it that our loss to the Super Bowl was mainly because of Martz's gameplan, bad officiating has contributed to our loss as well but when you fail to adjust the gameplan, especially with a team that was lightyears better than the other, you'll still get dragged back down to Earth. It's best to move on before someone starts making conspiracies set out by the Illuminati.
    complete hog wash!!! superbowl was lost mainly because of spygate and don't forget that! martz overcame a cheating situation and tied the game. the officiating and patsy racket on our receivers icing on cake. your conspiracy sarcasm doesn't impress nobody and your opinionated response is only factual in your own mind.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

I find it interesting that there are some who want to blame the victim. Did the Patriots have a great game plan and practice hard and all that jazz? Of course they did. However, so did the Rams. Now if the Patriots go and cheat, they have then undone a lot of the preparation the Rams did, and they now have an unfair advantage and their is no way around that. If Martz decides to play Martyball and run-run-run would it not be possible that the Pats would know those plays as well? Would the Pats have won that game anyway? Possibly but we'll never know will we?

Of course the question is did the Pats really cheat? Again we will never know because of how the league handles things. Look at bounty gate for instance. They accuse, hand out punishment and then hide the evidence away and insist that everyone trust them. What happened when the evidence got viewed by a third party? A lot of the punishment was overturned is what. They destroyed all the evidence of the Pats cheating. Why do that unless it shows something you don't want people to see? Otherwise put it out there and prove your league's integrity. When my mom would ask me what grade I got on a math test how far would I have gotten if I just burned the graded paper and told her to trust me?

One more thing... Remember that Bucs versus the Raiders Snoozebowl? That's a great case of how a good team can get dominated because the other team knows what you're doing.
    LA Rammer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    One more thing... Remember that Bucs versus the Raiders Snoozebowl? That's a great case of how a good team can get dominated because the other team knows what you're doing.
    ezzzzzactly!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    That "Snoozebowl" was one of the best Super Bowls I've ever watched. Enjoyable from start to finish.

And if the Faiders carried over anything from the Gruden era to that game, they had only themselves to blame for the Bucs knowing what they were going to do.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Faiders
    like yourself I once too hated the raiders but now i just pity them
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    like yourself I once too hated the raiders but now i just pity them
    That'll never happen to me.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

The cheating was so blatantly obvious, that you'd have to be a Patriot fan or an idiot (some say that's one in the same, but that's neither here nor there) not to recognize it.

People may or may not believe it, but in my opinion, 911 is what really did us in. What better way to start a healing process accross the country, than to have the "Patriots" win the Superbowl?

From the infamous "tuck" rule, to taping our final walkthrough, to the over 100 yards in personal fouls not called, to eventual Superbowl champions.

Yes sir, you can chalk this one up to 911.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Martz was a great HC and Coordinator. As with all great coaches, he'll be around for a long time, doing what he does best.

...Oh wait, he's no longer a coach in the NFL? How can that be? He's in the broadcast booth? What?

I guess the rest of the NFL finally figured out what most of us here already knew....
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12