Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bernie Bytes: Faulk Not Thrilled With Rams

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie Bytes: Faulk Not Thrilled With Rams

"Martz was working with lesser talent than he's accustomed to working with."
    So what you are saying Marshall is that unless Martz has multiple HOFers on his roster he cannot succesfully coach an offense...

Who else found this quote funny?

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I am not aware of anyone saying that the mere hiring of a coaching staff would be a "quick fix." Rather, most of us see it as a step in a positive direction, as we finally have an experienced HC, backed by experienced assistants/coordinators.
    Point taken on this one. I agree, shot from the hip there.

That may very well be the most moronic opinion I've read on the L.A./St. Louis issue.
    Moronic... okay I thought that was source of a previous poll, but yeah. As for my opinion regarding pressure to win in LA... it is common knowledge that LA will only support a winner. That my friend is pressure to win and probably why there isn't much backing to bring em back. BTW I am an LA fan it just happens to be Rams moved and I couldn't let go of loyalties. If this move happened before I was born I wouldn't be a Rams fan.

You do? Really? I'm not sure I buy that given your other comments. (See how it feels when someone reads into your words and overstates them?)
    Strong words, but don't matter just seems like I touched a nerve, but that's cool. Point taken and move forward.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RockinRam is offline Registered User

The title matches the content of the interview.

He is not thrilled, because he believes Fisher will be mediocre for a while before having some winning seasons. He will "wait and see" if Fisher can prove him wrong, but stands by his viewpoint that Fisher will be mediocre for quite some time.

Not thrilled =/= worried or hateful..
    LA Rammer likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Marshall certainly has the right to voice an opinion, especially given his stellar career and more specifically his contributions to Rams football. I happen to disagree with him, however. I think Fisher is a good coach whose merits go beyond his won loss record. I am convinced he was an excellent hire and the absolute right choice for the Rams. Given some sound decisions, a healthy roster and a good draft, there is no reason to think the Rams cannot make a significant leap sooner rather than later. I don't buy Faulk's assertion of mediocrity.

Faulk's comments on Schottenheimer are also dubious. Yes, Schottenheimer had his detractors this year. Yes, Mark Sanchez took a step back this year. And the Jets were a disappointment overall. But as is usually the case, Schottenheimer was the scapegoat for a team with multiple failings. The past two seasons, he was a part of a team which went to consecutive AFC Championships. Offensively, they were decent- and Mark Sanchez played well, winning 4 playoff games. If you're going to be critical of Schottenheimer this season, you must give him credit for his role in last year's success. While I am not brimming with excitement over his hiring, I by no means think the guy is a bum. We can win with him.

On a side note: Marshall Faulk's name has been bandied about periodically in the past by some fans and observers as a desired candidate for an important position within the organization dspite his lack of formal experience. In light of this, are his criticisms the legitimate opinions of a sports journalist, or a sour grapes reaction to the disappointment of not being given the courtesy of more direct input into the team he helped to two Super Bowls? Just asking.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -02-02-2012 at 08:53 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The title matches the content of the interview.

He is not thrilled, because he believes Fisher will be mediocre for a while before having some winning seasons. He will "wait and see" if Fisher can prove him wrong, but stands by his viewpoint that Fisher will be mediocre for quite some time.

Not thrilled =/= worried or hateful..
    Oh, please. In its most common usage, the phrase "not thrilled" is an example of a ironic underemphasis.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Oh, please. In its most common usage, the phrase "not thrilled" is an example of a ironic underemphasis.
    did someone not take their meds?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

What's wrong, LA? Are you not thrilled with this thread?

I gotta respect Faulk keeping it real. Some people think he's trying to distance himself or pile on the negativity, but I don't think that's the case. He's just speaking his mind, and staying true to what he believes.

And yes, sportswriters are sensationalists because they're sportswriters, and that's nothing new.
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -02-03-2012 at 04:12 AM.
    LA Rammer likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    What's wrong, LA? Are you not thrilled with this thread?

I gotta respect Faulk keeping it real. Some people think he's trying to distance himself or pile on the negativity, but I don't think that's the case. He's just speaking his mind, and staying true to what he believes.

And yes, sportswriters are sensationalists because they're sportswriters, and that's nothing new.
    This is what worries me Fettmaster. Im probably reading way too much into it, but I just can't help but get the sense, that he doesn't have a lot of confidence in Fisher's style. Im sensing a little, DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP TO HIGH just yet, in his words. The NFL has changed a lot over the last ten years, but their are still a number of different ways(styles), which still translate to a good, solid, winning, football program in this league. Its just a matter of personal preference. Even after reading Faulks comments, Im still over the moon with the direction the Rams are going in. Mediocre football doesn't sound bad to me right now. So we'll see.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -02-03-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

You're OK to feel that way GD. And Faulk is OK to feel however he wants about the Rams. He's incredibly smart to the game of football, and my all-time favorite Ram, and he has an opinion, that's all. I'm a bit in between. While I approve of most of the hirings this offseason so far, I am miles away from being optimistic. I was optimistic last year, and look what happened. Now, I'm taking the "wait-and-see" approach from here on out.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

When reading this thread, I asked myself a simple question - is Marshall Faulk thrilled or not thrilled by the new Rams coaches? We can agree or disagree with Marshall's opinion, but I really doubt anyone read those comments and came away thinking he was thrilled with the Rams' new direction. When the most glowing comment Faulk has in this article for the new regime's prospects in St. Louis is, "We'll see. That's all I can say. We will see," then yeah, I can understand a person categorizing his opinion as not being thrilled. I don't see a problem there, honestly.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Marshall Faulksure sounded thrilled in that interview didn't he?

Yeah right.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    So what you are saying Marshall is that unless Martz has multiple HOFers on his roster he cannot succesfully coach an offense...

Who else found this quote funny?
    Lol....I saw it as a self endorsement.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12