Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,462
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    Nononononono. I'm not convinced that he would be any better than our current corps anyway. It's too big a risk with too little a reward. We can spent Kronk's money elsewhere.
    Too big a risk with too little a reward? You have this totally backwards. He would basically come here for nothing just happy that someone is giving him another chance. He could than go beast mode and be our #1 or be a failure...there is basically no risk here at all.


  2. #17
    Ramendola16's Avatar
    Ramendola16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    20
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Too big a risk with too little a reward? You have this totally backwards. He would basically come here for nothing just happy that someone is giving him another chance. He could than go beast mode and be our #1 or be a failure...there is basically no risk here at all.
    The chances of that failure are awfully high. And don't downplay what that failure might mean. Two years of prison and character issues mean nothing? Besides, shouldn't we be fielding receivers who've been on the field the past couple of years?

  3. #18
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,462
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    The chances of that failure are awfully high. And don't downplay what that failure might mean. Two years of prison and character issues mean nothing? Besides, shouldn't we be fielding receivers who've been on the field the past couple of years?
    I never said that the chances of failure aren't high or that two years of prison and character issues means nothing. I said that there was little risk of us grabbing him with a high reward. I mean we grab him, pay him basically next to nothing, and he plays. Either he sucks and doesn't work out, than so be it. Get rid of him and thats that. If he succeeds, than we have a talented WR on our roster that would greatly improve our team.

  4. #19
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,454
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    I don't mind getting Burress, it's a little risk-high reward situation. I mean, the only worst case scenario I see is him diving and making a catch that'll afterwards look like he's doing a TD celebration called the Cramp Dance but really is in pain in agony of a bullet going through his leg.


  5. #20
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    Forget the character issues; even the pragmatic side of me says that a thirty-four year old receiver who has most likely not been able to maintain his normal off-season conditioning routine is not a real exciting option. I wouldn't be offended if they brought him in for a workout, but let's face it. He's getting to a good retirement age for his position.

  6. #21
    Holt Your Horses's Avatar
    Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Age
    27
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    He's old, but maybe he'll come out playing with that mike vick fire. You never know how two years locked up can change a man. He has also had a big break from football to rest his body and get physically prepared for a season. That being said his football skills will be rusty. If Plax is a true pro he'll sharpen those skills in no time.

    He certainly isn't the answer, but could quite possibly be an important addition. All depends how valuable the likes of Avery and Gilyard are to the front office.. if Avery is seen as a lost cause maybe they move on him.
    Defence Wins Championships

  7. #22
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,133
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    Vick was a freak athlete that is once a lifetime. He is different. Plaxico isn't really a serious option for the future. I would take only if after the off-season and draft we can sign him for a cheap minimum deal for 1 year, and even that is pushing it.

    Let's line a Legit WR (via draft or free agency) alongside Avery and chuck it around all year.

  8. #23
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    I don't think the Rams jump on this opportunity. We had a chance to grab Moss and we didn't take him.

  9. #24
    Ramendola16's Avatar
    Ramendola16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    20
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I never said that the chances of failure aren't high or that two years of prison and character issues means nothing. I said that there was little risk of us grabbing him with a high reward. I mean we grab him, pay him basically next to nothing, and he plays. Either he sucks and doesn't work out, than so be it. Get rid of him and thats that. If he succeeds, than we have a talented WR on our roster that would greatly improve our team.
    But will he be any better than our current players? We could take the same risk with our current WR's and not have to bring in someone with Burress's track record. He'd probably be cheap, but he doesn't have a much better chance of exploding than Clayton, Avery, Amendola, or any number of receivers we could acquire. I see now that it is little risk: I just think we could do much better.

  10. #25
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,462
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Bernie Bytes: Plaxico Buress As A Ram?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    But will he be any better than our current players? We could take the same risk with our current WR's and not have to bring in someone with Burress's track record. He'd probably be cheap, but he doesn't have a much better chance of exploding than Clayton, Avery, Amendola, or any number of receivers we could acquire. I see now that it is little risk: I just think we could do much better.
    You're right. I would prefer having our younger guys get the reps and have the chance of exploding on the scene since their more likely to do so. I hope he isn't the big WR signing we all hoped for this off season. I prefer Julio Jones over any other options excluding A.J Green.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Bernie Bytes: Rams Must Stop KC Run
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -12-17-2010, 10:01 AM
  2. Bernie Bytes: Rams must 'D' up ..
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
  3. Bernie Bytes: Bradford in the clutch ..
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-02-2010, 02:40 PM
  4. Bernie Bytes: *****, Please Blitz Sam
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -11-12-2010, 10:06 AM
  5. Bernie Bytes: What Causes Second-Half Stall?
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -10-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •