Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bernie Bytes: Will Rams fire Williams?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie Bytes: Will Rams fire Williams?

The current regime canned Spags, Devaney and nearly every coach on staff, land the biggest name on the coaching circuit that had an interest in returning to coach in an attempt to restore pride and competitiveness to the organization and then PURPOSELY undermined their own efforts by hiring Williams in the face of an investigation? Totally ridiculous- and typical of the mindless conspiracy theorists out there looking for something more than meets the eye.

It 's both amusing and pathetic that people are now saying "oh, yeah, I KNEW those hits on Favre were dirty", "I remember there were a lot of cheap shots in Game A, B or C". OH REALLY??? Funny how nothing was said at the time. There were no huge fines levied against New orleans after that NFC Title game and no individual players or coaches that spoke out about alleged dirty play in that game or any other game in particular. It's ONLY AFTER something like this bounty situation comes to light that some have selective memory, choosing to recall things that never happen. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    The current regime canned Spags, Devaney and nearly every coach on staff, land the biggest name on the coaching circuit that had an interest in returning to coach in an attempt to restore pride and competitiveness to the organization and then PURPOSELY undermined their own efforts by hiring Williams in the face of an investigation? Totally ridiculous- and typical of the mindless conspiracy theorists out there looking for something more than meets the eye.

It 's both amusing and pathetic that people are now saying "oh, yeah, I KNEW those hits on Favre were dirty" "I remember there were a lot of cheap shots in Game A, B or C". OH REALLY??? Funny how nothing was said at the time. There were no huge fines levied against New orleans after that NFC Title game and no individual players or coaches that spoke out about alleged dirty play in that game or any other game in particular. It's ONLY AFTER something like this bounty situation comes to light that some have selective memory, choosing to recall things that never happen. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
    I totally understand where your coming from Jersey1, and will do my best to stop making assumptions, and Ill also try to stop being so quick to judge in the future. But Im not going to apologize for speaking my mind, and having a personal opinion on something. Believe me, Im not looking for any reason to tarnish Williams. I was just being honest, about what I thought I saw in the Superdome. Nothing more.
    I think your going a little over the top to be honest.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -03-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That's very interesting, Peoria. What gives you the impression this FO is risk-averse?
    Probably because House DeSpags tended to gamble a lot (remember the parade of "high ceiling/high risk" draft picks?) and it typically blew up in the team's face. One would hope/think Kroenke would learn that when we take chances, we lose.

------------------------------------------------

I will suggest as well that if you need to provide further financial incentive to motivate your charges above and beyond their lordly salaries, you're kind of a crummy coach. If we wanted that performance, we could just hire an ATM that only communicated through profanity. Save us a bundle on coaching salaries it would.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Probably because House DeSpags tended to gamble a lot (remember the parade of "high ceiling/high risk" draft picks?)
    Can't say I do. If anything the previous administration was alleged to be too conservative.
    I will suggest as well that if you need to provide further financial incentive to motivate your charges above and beyond their lordly salaries, you're kind of a crummy coach.
    I agree these professionals shouldn't need this penny-ante bonus system to stay motivated. Secondary to the notion of small-money-for-injury, is the only slightly less bothersome notion that big-money-for-play is not motivating enough.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123