Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie on Faulk and Chip

This is being paraphrased by ramswood;

Bernie posted today in his bits column in the StLPostD that Faulk and Chip Rosenbloom have been meeting in LA. Also, in the recent blog that Bernie wrote on Marshall's interview on a local radio sport show where he said the Rams have more talent than is shown in their on field performance, Bernie has followed up with post-interview comments that said:

1.Faulk has a good relationship with Chip
    2. Faulk really cares about the Rams and is saddened by the heavy criticism they get by other commentators around the NFL
    3. He should speak up (Bernie changed his own mind about this)about the Rams
    4. Marshall thinks the Rams current state is the result of years of poor personnel decisions
    5. He would be willing to come back and help the Rams in some capacity, but not as long as Linehan is coach, and probably not as long as Zygmunt has his current power.
    6. This is not the last we will hear from Marshall about the Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bernie on Faulk and Chip

Faulk had one of the highest "football IQs" ever, in my opinion, but I'm not sure that it would translate to a coaching or Front Office position. I wouldn't mind him having a role, perhaps as head of scouting or something like that, but I don't buy that he is the White Knight that some perceive him to be (i.e. a guy who can come in and take over as HC or GM right away).

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

QUOTE: 5. He would be willing to come back and help the Rams in some capacity, but not as long as Linehan is coach, and probably not as long as Zygmunt has his current power.
    6. This is not the last we will hear from Marshall about the Rams .....Wow, I can smell a big change coming!
    Last edited by rams 24/7; -09-20-2008 at 06:13 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Faulk had one of the highest "football IQs" ever, in my opinion, but I'm not sure that it would translate to a coaching or Front Office position. I wouldn't mind him having a role, perhaps as head of scouting or something like that, but I don't buy that he is the White Knight that some perceive him to be (i.e. a guy who can come in and take over as HC or GM right away).
    he may not be ready to be HC or GM but I would do better than head of scouting although he would help wherever he started,Marshall anywhere is better then the bag of idiots we have now.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Would the Rams have to pry him away from his latest consulting project in S.F. with Frank Gore and the whiners?

I agree with Av here.

Marshall Faulk was an amazing player. And it's also amazing how he is being offered coaching jobs just a couple of years out of retirement. Was Faulk ever one of the highest paid players in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Marshall Faulk was an amazing player. And it's also amazing how he is being offered coaching jobs just a couple of years out of retirement. Was Faulk ever one of the highest paid players in the NFL?
    What coaching jobs has he been offered?

Well not a coaching job specifically but in the coaching/Front office system....Sorry Mike, next time I'll choose my words more Specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Well not a coaching job specifically but in the coaching/Front office system....Sorry Mike, next time I'll choose my words more Specifically.
    No problem dude, I guess I get a little testy when talking about Faulk, who I'm not a big fan of these days. If he does get a job with the Rams, I hope he works the first year for free to make up for the year the Rams paid him to rehab, contemplate retirement, ignore the team and basically work for the NFL Network.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I do see changes now that this has been said. Hope its for the better....

moklerman is offline Registered User

No problem dude, I guess I get a little testy when talking about Faulk, who I'm not a big fan of these days. If he does get a job with the Rams, I hope he works the first year for free to make up for the year the Rams paid him to rehab, contemplate retirement, ignore the team and basically work for the NFL Network.
    You're not mad at Vermeil too are you? Or Warner? While I've disagreed with very much of what the Rams' front office does, rewarding players/coaches that deserved it I've always approved of.

Faulk is by no means perfect in his off the field life but he's stuck up for the Rams more than just about any other ex-Ram as far as I can tell.

sig51 is offline Registered User

Faulk, as good of football knowledge he has doesn't mean it translates into front office knowledge, so I would expect him to take a lower level position within the organization first, before having any huge impact for us, but I believe he can be for us, as ozzie newsome is for the balitmore ravens. But he is right for wanting to get rid of linehan and zygmont.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Get Lovie back as D coach, Marts as O coach, and Bill Cowher as head coach and stick Marshall down there on the sidelines as assistant to someone or something then we're talking big time. These coaches have all done something in this new mellenium of football over recent years and i guarantee you Marshall will effectively implore his wisdom after being with these guys for a couple of seasons. In other words. I'd love to have Marshall come in here and do something for this team as smart as he is football wise but he hasnt coached a thing yet and needs to prove something first. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I would openly welcome bringing in someone who cares deeply about a team to try and turn it around. Faulk loves this team still you can tell everytime he talks about them. Even talking to nelly on celeb picks you could hear it in his speech that he loves the team. But also that he really doesn't like the current regime. I say stick him in the FO and see what he can do. The things we know are.

a: he doesn't NEED the money, as he could work anywhere in the NFL and still make $$ so he'd be doing it because he loves the team
    b: He knows the game. Whether you think he is smart enough to be an FO guy or not doesn't matter. It can't possibly be worse then it is now. Put him there now if it works then great if not, we really didn't do anyworse
    c: if it works, what a find for us. He's still so young that our team would be set for years to come

What really impressed me about listening to Faulk tlak about the Rams was when he defended his comments about saying we shouldn't pay Jackson now. He said that as amazing as Steven is and he did say it, "whats the point of paying a top 5 back, top 5 money when he'll never be used as we have no D and a bad OL". That is a brilliant point. We need someone like that making decisions. Someone who's not ooooing and awwing over a stud and builds the team as a team.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Faulk knows talent and anyone that says Gore isn't a good running back is fooling themselves. If Faulk was in the organization helping in any way he can, it's for the better. He knows football and he's a football person. Marshall (in my opinion) seems like one of those guys who can adapt to anything and I really think he'd do some good things for the organization, whether it be becoming a GM or spotting talent for the draft. Either way, he'll contribute nicely to the organization.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast