Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bernie: Faulk has interest in a future with the front office

From the latest edition of Bernie's Bits...

Friday, Rams (sort of) retired running back Marshall Faulk told me that he's interested in a career in the Rams' front office, and is willing to work his way into the general manager's role. "I won't lie to you; that is something I'd love to do," Faulk said. "Understand that I'm not jumping the gun, I'm not saying I won't play again. I'm just saying that, if I was taught some of the things necessary to have that job, and then be allowed to be a work in progress, with what I know, and with what I think I know, I feel like I could do a good job."

More Marshall: I asked about the apparent tension in his relationship with Rams RB Steven Jackson. Faulk thinks it stems from the reality that he was an established Mike Martz guy and that Jackson had issues with Martz. "His relationship with Mike was edgy, and that there maybe explains some underlying friction between Steven and I," Faulk said "But if you know Mike, he never treats a young guy or a rookie as if he's been there. You've got to do something for him. You've got to put up some numbers, you've got to show him something, before you get the Isaac Bruce treatment, the Torry Holt treatment, the Marshall Faulk treatment, the Orlando Pace, the Leonard Little, the Grant Wistrom treatment. You've got to earn that. You don't come in and get it just because you were the first pick. Those things were things that Steven didn't understand. But if I had been in his situation, coming into the NFL after what I did in college, I probably would feel the same way he did."

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Faulk has interest in a future with the front office

The more I hear about what Marshall has to say, honestly, its getting to the point where I couldn't careless...It sounds mean but like uhhh, I really don't care anymore. It'd be cool if he got a job in the front office, but is it really that easy? Don't you have to have credentials of some sort?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Rule #1 for Front Office Candidates:

Don't discuss private matters that occur within the organization with Bernie.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    The more I hear about what Marshall has to say, honestly, its getting to the point where I couldn't careless...It sounds mean but like uhhh, I really don't care anymore. It'd be cool if he got a job in the front office, but is it really that easy? Don't you have to have credentials of some sort?
    Actually, its a piece of cake. Any dummy could do it. Just ask Matt Millen. Doh!!! :O

rampete Guest

marshall would be a successful GM in this league...but not the rams, that's a certainty...shaw and zyggy ARE the rams org....i don't see them putting up with any half-baked player trying to steer the course of this organization...

majorram is offline Registered User

interesting read but I would rather Faulk put his skills into coaching first!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"