Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44
    i agree with everything that you have said,i dont think faulk can mentor jackson because i dont think jackson would listen to him anyways,i belive marshall is way past his prime, but i also think he can still contribute in some way, an old banged up faulk is better than a healthy moe williams if we chose to go that route.i for one and of course gc would love to see marshall back.

    if bernie were a reporter in new york they would have hung him out to dry already,the closest he would get to the game would be cleaning up the stands afterwards.
    Last edited by Nick; -06-10-2006 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Merging back to back posts


  2. #17
    Daspeerman's Avatar
    Daspeerman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Age
    48
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Im interested to know .... if Faulk decides to retire ????? .... how would this effect our cap status? how much is his salery this year ?, and do we get any of his signing bonus money back???? since HE decided to leave and break his contract ???? anyone know ???
    DASPEERMAN!!!!!!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave intending on arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  3. #18
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,445
    Rep Power
    16
    Fact:
    Faulk turned over the Starting job to Jackson. He said he was good enough to start, and rather have trouble in the future cause he would eventually get the job anyway. He gave it to him.

    Fact:
    In any public interview I have never hear Jackson say or hint that he's had any problems with Fualk.

    Fact:
    Haslett came here knowing Linehan was the head coach. Why would there be any ego trippin.

    This guy is giving nothing but speculation with nothing to back it up. Fualk is the type of guy that if he had a problem he would let the public know. Does anybody remember him walking off a interview? He did it when we went 0-5 to start off 2003 I believe.

    It's been fairly quiet this season, in Ram land. So I guess this guy just wants something to write about. If there were something there trust we would know. As far as the running backs go, Linehan is doing what I think any new coach would do. He knows the probability of Fualk being here next year is not likely. So he's bring on backs that he knows can contribute in the near future. Also is Fualk gets hurt He'll need the bodies.

    I wouldn't take too seriously what this guy is saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daspeerman
    Im interested to know .... if Faulk decides to retire ????? .... how would this effect our cap status? how much is his salery this year ?, and do we get any of his signing bonus money back???? since HE decided to leave and break his contract ???? anyone know ???

    He would get any guaranteed money coming to him. And If I'm not mistaken his money falls of the books after this season.
    Last edited by Nick; -06-10-2006 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

  4. #19
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Another 'pearl' unearthed by the 'swine' that is Mr M.

    Whilst my dislike for Bernie is well known across these pages for his sycophantic, inconsistent drivel concerning Martz' departure, Linehans arrival and the whole question of the coaches succession, there is nothing in this that is surprising.

    Least surprising of all is Mr M's desire to grandstand with what seems to be some relatively straightforward considerations.

    M.Faulk's knees are shot

    M.Faulk is not the same player

    M.Faulk does not have the same position in this regime as he did in the last one.

    M.Faulk is a first ballot HOF player who has to wonder why he would bother coming back

    S.Jackson has a rather polished opinion of himself for a back who has yet to accomplish anything of note

    S.Jackson lets us all know about it on a regular basis

    In Bernie's world of involved algorithms this means controversy, disharmony, rancour and jealousy.

    To the rest of us it's an attempt to make news on a slow news day.

    I want Marshall to do what's best for Marshall, and he's very sensibly taking his time about that, and I want #39 to keep quiet and get on with the job at hand.

    As for the Linehan/Haslett thing.........oh please, yes we all know Haslett used to be a HC, but he isn't here and won't be for the forseeable future. You have to do better than that Mr M, and I would invite you to do so.

    He's forecasting 'Power struggles' before the start of our second minicamp..............

    All this indulging in 'He said, she said', is just Mr M trying to be able to cover his bases and say, as he tried to do at the end of mad mikes reign, 'I told you so'.

    Nothing to see here folks..........move along, move along now.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -06-09-2006 at 11:34 PM.

  5. #20
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    Just like Jackson, a young man that shown no respect where respect is deserved.

    Marshall Im sure knows his role would be diminished cmon now the guy was the first person to admit he was not what he used to be. (Best Damn Sports Show/Vegas 04 preseason)He is probably having issues giving up the game, sure, but we have no idea what is going on.

    Remeber once upon a time it was Martz who drove Warner outta Rams land? Soon as Martz said he was going to the Lions him and Warner talked about a possible reunion.

    Bernie should go to hollywood and write for the Soaps he knows how to create drama.

    I dont understand why you say Jackson shows no respect where respect is deserved. Yet you say we dont know whats going on when it comes to Marshall. Why are people so quick to believe everything negative written about Jackson but so quick to dismiss anything negative written about Faulk? I've seen Jackson say good respectful things about Marshall many times. For Jackson to say this is his team now is not disrespectful, its fact. This is Bulger v Warner all over again. Look legends fade away eventually let them fade away. Accept Jackson as our new rb, he is young and now will be in a system that fits him. This is his make or break year. Let's ride this out instead of believing speculation.
    Just Fix It

  6. #21
    LaRamsFanLongTime's Avatar
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Foothill Ranch CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    I dont understand why you say Jackson shows no respect where respect is deserved. Yet you say we dont know whats going on when it comes to Marshall. Why are people so quick to believe everything negative written about Jackson but so quick to dismiss anything negative written about Faulk? I've seen Jackson say good respectful things about Marshall many times. For Jackson to say this is his team now is not disrespectful, its fact. This is Bulger v Warner all over again. Look legends fade away eventually let them fade away. Accept Jackson as our new rb, he is young and now will be in a system that fits him. This is his make or break year. Let's ride this out instead of believing speculation.
    First off I was a Bulger Backer I stated I thought Warners injuries were the start of his decline. He played football along time before he became a starter so just like any 30 something qb that gets injured the career could be on a downward swing.

    Secondly Bulger took harsh critism from Warner backers and did not respond. Jackson has been quoted as saying it can be hard with the guy that made the Rams great still around. That is not a speculative statement. That is words from his mouth. There is no he said she said involved. Yes it may be true but should not be talked about out of respect. It made him sound a little bitter, which he often does when discussing his role.

    Why are people so quick to believe everything negative written about Jackson but so quick to dismiss anything negative written about Faulk?

    Go back to a long running debate I had with another clan member on this board. I defended Jackson repeatedly. I will not listen to speculation and slander without some evidence to back it.If it is directed at Jackson I will defend him as well. I think Steven has crossed the line a couple times and I dont like it.

    This team has never been about an I or a me it has always been unity. They celebrate as a team they lose as a team. I do not want to hear I will hit 2 thousand yards. I want to hear I will help this team get to a championship.

    If Faulk is to retire He should get a ceremony at a home game half time. His number should be immediatly retired and there should be no drama surrounding his retiremnt. We should all say thanks for the memories and good luck in the future.





    However, there have been reports that Faulk's absence isn't totally related to his health, that he is unhappy with Linehan and doesn't want to play for the Rams anymore.

    Linehan denied those stories, saying, "There are no problems, no rifts or anything like that. I know this is difficult for him."

    The coach said he met with Faulk two weeks ago, and at that time Faulk said one of his knees wasn't responding as well as he'd hoped. As for Faulk not even being present at minicamp, Linehan said, "He's dealing with something bigger than being at meetings. He's trying to figure out whether he wants to do this. As a competitor, it would be tough to stand out here and watch."
    This is what I beleive. Right out of Linehans mouth. Good job coach.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -06-10-2006 at 03:56 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

  7. #22
    maineram's Avatar
    maineram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Blah, blah, blah...blah, blah, blah, blah.

    Give me some real news to talk about

    Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

  8. #23
    Milan's Avatar
    Milan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    This morning on his radio show, Bernie dropped what I'm certain will come to be an ongoing drama amongst Rams fans.

    Bernie said that he knows for a fact that the reason Faulk is skipping-out on mini-camp has nothing to do with his knee. He says Faulk and Linehan had some form of falling-out, and he doesn't believe Faulk wants to play for the Rams this season any longer. He was adamant that he did not know (or wouldn't say) what the falling-out was about. I am sure we as Rams fans can read between the lines, however (role / usage, etc.)

    He also was quick to point-out that Faulk has lost quite a bit. He's had knee surgeries nearly every off-season, and is no longer a passing threat out of the backfield. His longest play of that sort last season was 18 yards. His longest used to be 80+ yards in the good years. He can't do what he used to do, and now (to his credit) has adjusted to be more of an inside runner. (Again, this is all Bernie - not me).

    Also, the word is that Faulk and S. Jackson are "not very tight" at all, really. According to one of Bernie's guest panelists, the controversial Charlie Tuna (who is close friends with Faulk), Jackson thinks he is better than he is. Also, Tuna ripped Jackson for bringing his sister into things. Don't know if this is old news, since I've been busy and away from this board, but apparently Jackson fired his agent (Rocky Arceneaux, who is also Faulk's agent) because his sister is going to play that role and manage his career.

    Finally, he said to watch the relationship between Linehan and Haslett this season. There is a big chance there will be some eruptions and power struggle, and it could very well be very interesting.
    If he doesn't know why he shouldn't suggest it's because of the role he plays. Scott Linehan has said numerous times that Faulk will have more of a role in the offense.

    Faulks longest reception was for 18 yards? In a season where he started one game? You know that how far you go doesn't just depend on the person carrying the ball? It depends on the blocking up-front.

    Jackson and Faulk aren't friends? Isn't that Faulk I see on the sideline every single game teaching Jackson how to better himself in the running game?

    I wonder who's arse Bernie pulled this one out of. Everyone knows that Faulk has bad knees, and if he wants a bigger role he would have went to Mini-camp to prove he can have a bigger role.

    This is like reading a horoscope, there's no proof behind anything he says. Why would you take an article with no source seriously?
    There's no quotes to suggest anything like this happened, nothing leading up to this in the media. It's all bull in my opinion.
    Last edited by Milan; -06-10-2006 at 09:51 AM.

  9. #24
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    What would Rams football be without drama! Marshall is 34 and that is pretty old for a running back. It is my hope that the new coach isn't the reason he is uncomfortable or undecided about returning. I hope it's only the fact that he is a warrior whose time has come and he is having a hard time facing it. He might be upset that his knees are failing him. That can't be easy for a guy like him.

    BTW I also don't Jackson is all that and a bag of chips yet either, I am begining to think he talks too much...


    Just my 2 cents.

    Joe

  10. #25
    LaRamsFanLongTime's Avatar
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Foothill Ranch CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    "At times, I kind of felt that way," Jackson said. "For whatever reason it was, I don't know. It doesn't help having the guy who took him to the top still around the locker room."
    That is the exact quote I did not like from Jackson. He did go on to say he and Faulk get along great though. It just seemed inapropriate at this time in Faulks career to say. A kind of you were great but get out.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

  11. #26
    theodus69's Avatar
    theodus69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cal.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe
    What would Rams football be without drama! Marshall is 34 and that is pretty old for a running back. It is my hope that the new coach isn't the reason he is uncomfortable or undecided about returning. I hope it's only the fact that he is a warrior whose time has come and he is having a hard time facing it. He might be upset that his knees are failing him. That can't be easy for a guy like him.

    BTW I also don't Jackson is all that and a bag of chips yet either, I am begining to think he talks too much...


    Just my 2 cents.

    Joe
    Gotta go with MOON on this. Jackson isn't all of nothing yet. Oh, the whole line thing ....I forgot.. great backs make it happen when it isn't supposed too. Haven't seen that yet! To me, Jackson seems like a(if the line don't work ,neither do I......ever!) kinda guy. But let's give him one more year before he goes up the Canada to back up Ricky Williams!LOL Well you are what you eat! Crap ,all I have is milk duds.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

  12. #27
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,523
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    great backs make it happen when it isn't supposed too.
    The great backs probably also averaged more than 17 carries a game and 254 carries per season, and likely didn't have to split time with other great running backs on their team. And believe it or not, Steven Jackson has had times where he's made something out of nothing. He's also had times where he's made critical mistakes. Is he still learning? Sure. But you make it sound like he's accomplished nothing in two years. That's ridiculous.

    If you're going to start comparing two-year players to the great ones at their position, more often than not, you're going to be very disappointed.

  13. #28
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Well you are what you eat! Crap ,all I have is milk duds.
    Oh my God, you caught me with a can of ALPO in my hand, and my wife hasn't come home from the store yet!
    :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #29
    theodus69's Avatar
    theodus69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cal.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    The great backs probably also averaged more than 17 carries a game and 254 carries per season, and likely didn't have to split time with other great running backs on their team. And believe it or not, Steven Jackson has had times where he's made something out of nothing. He's also had times where he's made critical mistakes. Is he still learning? Sure. But you make it sound like he's accomplished nothing in two years. That's ridiculous.

    If you're going to start comparing two-year players to the great ones at their position, more often than not, you're going to be very disappointed.
    Why are you cryin'? Jackson hasn't shown me anything yet and when he does I will give him his due, but not until then! Period! I don't care if he has split time or not , make the best and not excuses. He'll either figure that out or him and Ricky gonna be real tight! until he has the full reign, he needs to prove himself,not make up reasons why he hasn't!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

  15. #30
    theodus69's Avatar
    theodus69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cal.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Bernie-Faulk UNhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Oh my God, you caught me with a can of ALPO in my hand, and my wife hasn't come home from the store yet!
    :O
    You better not spill any of that on the kilt!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •