RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie--Georgia sent Holmgren packing once

--Some fans (and even STL sports media) scoffed at my mention in last Sunday's column of Rams owner Georgia Frontiere's authority in hiring Linehan, who wouldn't have gotten the job without Frontiere's approval. So please allow me to offer a brief history lesson: Frontiere once vetoed John Shaw's recommendation to hire Mike Holmgren as head coach and chose instead to bring Chuck Knox back for his second stint as the Rams head coach. To repeat: No coach is hired until Frontiere approves.

ESPN's John Clayton said Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis was "blown away" by former Rams coach Mike Martz in Thursday's interview for the head-coaching job. If Martz gets it, imagine this fun: The Rams play at Oakland next season.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie--Georgia sent Holmgren packing once

I appreciate that georgia vetoed the holmgren hiring (which i didnt know). That was a couple of husbands and a lot of mileage ago for the old bird. She was strangly silent during the entire martz situation, something that i dont believe would have happened with legitimate sane ownership. Its called leadership. She has final authority for sure because she is the majority owner, doesnt mean she has a clue what she is doing or that she is all there mentally. As they saying, she may be rowing with only one oar in the water. The lights may be on, but maybe no one is home. The elevator may not be going to the top floor.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Don't you get it? The only reason Blarney posted this is that he is still stinging from being scooped on the Linehan hiring by Clark Judge. By going out of his way to argue that the hiring wasn't official until the Czarina approved, he's trying to prove that Judge jumped the gun and that he was actually the one who broke the story.

The guy is so insecure and petty its pathetic.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Bernie always seems to be telling us who he knows. He is a classsic name dropper.

Clayton just gives the facts. he does not say, i called Al last night and we spoke.... just give us the facts.

ESPN's John Clayton said Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis was "blown away" by former Rams coach Mike Martz in Thursday's interview for the head-coaching job. If Martz gets it, imagine this fun: The Rams play at Oakland next season.
    Best of luck MM, I hate the traiders, I can't say i will pull for you if you end up there.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

If this happens, I guess we'll see just how much truth there was to Martz' faith in Marmie. If true, wouldn't he want such a great defensive mind with him? Seeing Mad Mike with the Faiders could be very amusing.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

This story doesn't tell us anything about either Bernie or Georgia that we didn't suspect already.

Hodgins is offline Registered User

holmgren sucks, good call by georgia

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Let us hope that Holmgren will continue to be a pear-shaped loser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]