Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Bernie: Giving up on Bradford for Griffin would have been wrong move ..

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Giving up on Bradford for Griffin would have been wrong move ..

I'll admit, I ragged a little on Bradford this past sunday and I don't take it back. I understand the problems he has had to deal with in the past, but the point I was making this past sunday was that Sammy didn't look like a $50 million quaterback...Matt Stafford did, but Bradford didn't. Stafford couldn't start a game worse. You are playing against arguably the worst team in NFL history, a team that showed no signs of life in the past 5 years (except 2010), and you open up with 3 interceptions and lose a fumble and still find a way to win...that's what $50 million dollars looks like to me...no matter what happens, you win...that was my argument this sunday.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    This will be key - a very good point. One thing is sure: Jeff & crew will have the advantage of breaking down film of RGIII and the Skins' offense in a real game that counted. This game portends to be very interesting. Hopefully we can pick off a few passes early and get him rattled. We'll find out Sunday ..
    IMO, ostentatious upstarts don't get rattled too easy when there's even a remote chance to put the blame elsewhere.

Turnovers are a huge factor with game outcome, but I think to rattle this guy you simply have to find a way to hit him hard when he scrambles.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ljcrayton View Post
    I'll admit, I ragged a little on Bradford this past sunday and I don't take it back. I understand the problems he has had to deal with in the past, but the point I was making this past sunday was that Sammy didn't look like a $50 million quaterback...Matt Stafford did, but Bradford didn't. Stafford couldn't start a game worse. You are playing against arguably the worst team in NFL history, a team that showed no signs of life in the past 5 years (except 2010), and you open up with 3 interceptions and lose a fumble and still find a way to win...that's what $50 million dollars looks like to me...no matter what happens, you win...that was my argument this sunday.

How was it Bradford's fault that after he put together not one but *two* drives that put the Rams ahead in the points column in the fourth quarter his *DEFENSE* failed to keep the Lions from scoring? Bradford doesn't play defense, but he did put the entire team in position to win that game.

twice.
    Rambos and r8rh8rmike like this.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I could not dis-agree more, Stafford looked rattled the entire game. Sure they won but not due to Bradford giving the Rams the lead twice. Throwing int's all over the field and looking rattled is not the sign of a 50 million dolar qb. I also would have loved to see Stafford do it without the time out they were gifted by the Detroit Lion fan running the clock.

I love how people can tell what a 50 million dollar qb looks like without being able to see whats going on down the field. All we see on tv is the o line and Bradford for the most part. A wr slows up for a second and the qb could miss him by 5 yards. A wr runs a wrong route and a qb could miss him by 5 yards. Call these all excuses if you want but this is a team game and the timing between Bradford and the wr's is highly important. That pass he put on Gibson in the endzone was money and he had time to throw amazing right. Let's not sound like 49er fans and blame the qb when so many other factors come in to play. You find me a qb that went through 3 different systems in his first 3 years that was successful and I will be amazed.
    Last edited by rammiser; -09-13-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Just Fix It

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here is what the 50 million dollar QB has got us... so far....

1) Jeff Fisher
    2) Great coaching staff
    4) Cortland Finnegan
    5) Chris Long signing long term
    6) JL signing long term

Without Sam, no Jeff Fisher, staff, Cortland Finnegan, ect.

No Hope

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Sometimes Bernie can be a total drama queen, and this article proves it. How can someone write so many words about something 99% of us would simply say "duh!"

Trading away that pick was a great move (especially if we can scout talent better than recent years). We have so many holes to fill, it was the right move at the time. RGIII shouldn't be inducted in the HoF yet, give it another game or two. Even if he is the next Dan Marino, hindsight is 20/20. There are a hundred ways in which history could look at this draft, both good and bad for the Rams, but that is a rather pointless exercise and won't win us any games. Story over...

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    IMO, ostentatious upstarts don't get rattled too easy when there's even a remote chance to put the blame elsewhere.
    You lost me on this one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    Turnovers are a huge factor with game outcome, but I think to rattle this guy you simply have to find a way to hit him hard when he scrambles.
    Hit him when he throws! Hit him when he runs/scrambles! The problem is catching him. If anyone can scheme up a good plan, the Fish & crew should be up to the task. Give him looks he hasn't seen before, bait him into making throws he shouldn't, have our dbs jump some routes early - we'll throw everything we've got at him. Should be a good game. It'll be a great game if we win ..

Count me as one of the one's who wants to see the rubber hit the road with Bradford, but I don't see the logic of your point. You compare apples and oranges and make broad conclusions without a solid argument. If you gave Bradford comparable weapons as Stafford has, he would be much more successful (as would most QBs).

I am looking for a well-managed Bradford to progress this year. If Bradford is well-managed this year and he makes little progression, that should throw up some flags. Having said that, we are far from that (throwing up red flags). Make no mistake though, Bradford needs to make progress and reduce some of his bad habits. I want to see him in the elite rank of QBs, but he damn sure won't make it there on a bed of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    I am looking for a well-managed Bradford to progress this year. If Bradford is well-managed this year and he makes little progression, that should throw up some flags. Having said that, we are far from that (throwing up red flags). Make no mistake though, Bradford needs to make progress and reduce some of his bad habits. I want to see him in the elite rank of QBs, but he damn sure won't make it there on a bed of excuses.
    Well-managed? What does that mean exactly? Do you mean if he has better coaching you want to see him play better?

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Here is what the 50 million dollar QB has got us... so far....

1) Jeff Fisher
    2) Great coaching staff
    4) Cortland Finnegan
    5) Chris Long signing long term
    6) JL signing long term

Without Sam, no Jeff Fisher, staff, Cortland Finnegan, ect.

No Hope
    Wow. That's just a tad over the top. You forgot the sun rising and setting.

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Wow. That's just a tad over the top. You forgot the sun rising and setting.
    I just connect the dots It's a Domino Effect....

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Well-managed? What does that mean exactly? Do you mean if he has better coaching you want to see him play better?
    Well sure. He has a QB coach now, lol. He is also leading an offense that likes to run the ball. I think we should expect to see growth, despite the imperfect roster around him.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I just watched the game again, and it showed me what I already knew, that Bradford was solid against Detroit. To hold him to some impossible standard, where he's not allowed to miss a reciever or take a sack is silly. Every QB of every game I watched on Sunday, as well as Cutler and Rodgers tonight, had bad throws, missed recievers, and took sacks. Bradford is right on track as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I just watched the game again, and it showed me what I already knew, that Bradford was solid against Detroit. To hold him to some impossible standard, where he's not allowed to miss a reciever or take a sack is silly. Every QB of every game I watched on Sunday, as well as Cutler and Rodgers tonight, had bad throws, missed recievers, and took sacks. Bradford is right on track as far as I'm concerned.
    I did not watch the Rams game again but I did watch the Bears vs Packers. Seven sacks 11 of 27 for 126 yards. QB rating 28.2. All QBs need help, playing behind an O line that is getting beat, means losses and bad Numbers for any QBs. IMO
    shower beers likes this.

You can watch the game another time if you want, but the Rams couldn't move the ball until the 4th quarter. The Rams didn't even enter the red zone.

You say Bradford is on the right track; I am hoping that is true.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast