throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigGameMN Guest

Bernie lets loose on Terrell and Linehan

Bernie had some interesting things to say about Terrell and Linehan earlier. Here is what started it.

From Jim Thomas:

Team sources later said that offensive guard Claude Terrell "mouthed off" during practice at Linehan, which led to Linehanís outburst of anger. Linehan later declined comment on the matter.
    And here are some things Bernie said about it.

I cant believe the Rams and Linehan put up with this clown.

To me, these people lose more respect with each passing day that they keep this idiot employed.

Is Linehan going to take a stand? Or does he want to lose all credibility?

-B
    The O-line coaches have grumbled about Terrell for two years - that he's uncoachable. He's also a bad influence on Barron, who doesn't need much encouragement to lapse into being a knucklehead.

This is one weak HC.

-B
    And another thing - where are the veteran players? Where is the leadership.

Not too long ago, a guy like Marshall Faulk would have gotten this fool in line.

This team is an embarrassment in every way.

-B
    I agree about Terrell but Bernie's man crush on Faulk is getting disturbing.

IsaacBruceFan80 Guest

Re: Bernie lets loose on Terrell and Linehan

I think it's becoming more and more obvious that Linehan has lost this team completely. I think the time is coming soon that Linehan is relieved of his duties and Haslett finishes the season as Interim. Then if you are a Rams fan you stay up at night Praying for Bill Cowher to want to come to STL and for the powers that be to have the where with all to bring him here at any cost.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

That reminds me of a "teaser" the other night about Faulk coming back to help the Rams.. I went to bed and missed the non-story line. No idea what the story ended up being.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBruceFan80 View Post
    I think it's becoming more and more obvious that Linehan has lost this team completely.
    The team is coming out and competing every week, especially on defense despite being overworked from offensive inefficiency. I don't think you see as much fight on the field if the team has lost faith in their head coach. The fact that Terrell's attitude has been a concern for years now means it's more of a reflection of him as a person rather than Linehan and this season, IMO.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Well, I'd sooner get tired, i.e., more tired of Bernie than of Terrell. And that's a load!

:r IBF80, hang in there.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Terrel would have been gone long ago, but we really need him right now to fill a hole in the OL, as we really have no one else

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

If we could get rid of Bernie, we'd be alot better off ....

It's funny that a weak beat writer has the tenacity to call someone a weak HC ...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The team is coming out and competing every week, especially on defense despite being overworked from offensive inefficiency. I don't think you see as much fight on the field if the team has lost faith in their head coach. The fact that Terrell's attitude has been a concern for years now means it's more of a reflection of him as a person rather than Linehan and this season, IMO.
    I agree that it is a stretch to say that Linehan has "lost the team."

However, if the defense continues to out-perform the offense week after week, I could see a situation in which the team might start looking more toward Haslett as the leader. If the Front Office perceives it that way, we could see a midseason change (though, to reiterate my previous posts on this, I think that changing midseason would be a bad idea).

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Terrel would have been gone long ago, but we really need him right now to fill a hole in the OL, as we really have no one else
    Yes we keep having holes to fill on the O-line, but he should have been kicked off the field and told to clean out his locker after mouthing off to Linny. The team is really hurting right now pun intended. The last thing the team needs is a jerk like Claude mouthing off when the team is trying to pull together and fight together. Claude's play has been less than spectacular, and that's being charitable. Get rid of him and pull Fry off the PS. If Fry can't cut it, sign a street guy or trade for someone. Keeping him at this point sends the wroing message to the guys who are still busting their butts ...

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If the Front Office perceives it that way, we could see a midseason change (though, to reiterate my previous posts on this, I think that changing midseason would be a bad idea).
    Well, I must have missed that post, so why do you think it would be a bad idea to make a midseason change?

WHAT SAY YE?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I see no purpose in firing a coach in the middle of the season. You can't bring someone in at that point, and turning the reigns over to Haslett could create an expectation that he would stay on as HC next year (I don't want Haslett as HC).

That said, I think that, barring a remarkable turnaround, Linehan should be fired the day after the season ends.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    barring a remarkable turnaround,
    I'm sure you meant to say "a RAMarkable turnaround"!!

WHAT SAY YE?

IsaacBruceFan80 Guest

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I just don't see this coach as the kind of coach that can recover from this kinda start. He isn't a fire and brimstone kinda guy. He isn't a motivator. When it's good it's great but when it's bad it's awful and I just don't think that this group has really ever bought into this offense.

Sometimes it seems that these guys don't even run the correct play and often are out of position or running wrong routes and that is coaching.

The playcalling is HORRID!! That is coaching.

The team attitude is declining weekly. That is coaching.

Just look at the decisions he made last week with the fg call and then the timeout at the end. COACHING.

Sorry gang...I wanted to support this coach and I rooted for him to get the job, but it's obviuos to me that he is in over his head here. Let Haslett finish it out and start ringing Cowher's phone before he ends up in another NFL city.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

When it's good it's great but when it's bad it's awful and I just don't think that this group has really ever bought into this offense.
    Well, they bought into it last year with the 6th ranked offense in the NFL, Bulger having his best year ever and Jackson getting one of the highest all-purpose yard totals in NFL history. Perhaps having more than half the offensive starters injured may be a determining factor with the problem this year?

The team attitude is declining weekly. That is coaching.
    And you know this how? Seems to me the players are more hungry than ever to win and play through injury.

Sorry gang...I wanted to support this coach and I rooted for him to get the job, but it's obviuos to me that he is in over his head here. Let Haslett finish it out and start ringing Cowher's phone before he ends up in another NFL city.
    I will never understand how any legitimate evaluation of Linehan can be made with the complete chaos that is going on this year.

IsaacBruceFan80 Guest

The playcalling and decision making this year has been astoundingly bad r8r... You can dress it up however you want that it's injuries or whatever. But this team hasn't been right since day 1 of the preseason when we had no injuries. They lost 2 home games to start the season against 2 bad football teams before all this chaos ensued. I was at the Tampa game in the front row wondering how many sideways passes can one team run in a day on third and 10 plus. It's bad and it's not going to get any better without some major changes in both personnel i.e. Claude,Wroten,Byrd and a new coaching staff with a backbone and some plays that stretch the field at some point during the game.

As for the team attitude declining.....dude...I'm not in the locker room,but I've been at most games and sit close enough to see the actions and faces of these guys every week and its not getting better no matter what you wanna think.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down or hate on the coach...I'm just saying what I see and what I think. I see a defeated team with a defeatest attitude and a coach who is just in over his head when the chips are down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast