RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie on Linehan

We are reporting this:

Team president John Shaw has offered his recommendation to Rams owner Georgia Frontiere: Scott Lenihan as the new head coach.

She'll have to approve.

That may not happen until tomorrow.

It's not official. But getting close.

--B

-------------

few follow-ups, before I go to bed:

Linehan and Shaw are admirers of Jim Bates, so I presume they'll start the DC search there. If Dick Jauron doesn't get the HC in Buffalo, he's a possibility.

Next up, after staffing: Rams will pursue a new director of pro personnel to work with Linehan and he will be part of the screening process.

Shaw did not make the decision until this evening. Rivera was impressive. They wanted to be sure. They -- Shaw, Zygmunt and I believe Kroenke -- had a meeting and agreed to recommend Linehan, probably around 8 pm or so STL time. We made contact with Shaw and that's when he confirmed he'd recommend Lenihan to Frontiere.

As for the questions about my communications with Shaw. We talked throughout this process. He never misled me. Was always straight up. Honest. I got the answers I needed as long as I asked the right questions. Most of the time, I called him. A few times, I got some late-nite calls from him. When this is all over, I will share some stories.

I will have a comprehensive update on all of this on my 1380 show in the morning.

I like the hire. He has the right profile. He's prepared for this chance.

Have a good night, and I promise to keep you informed.

-B

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bernie on Linehan

You know, the way Bernie has been working day and night, hounding Shaw, and trying his best to make everyone believe that he was the best source of information on the coaching search, I almost feel bad for him about how he was totally scooped by Clark Judge.

Yeah, sure I do! LOL

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

:bow:

Are we to believe that Shaw and Bernie are on a first name basis and that he shares all information with him?? How dramatic and cloak and dagger this is.

"Hey Mr. Shaw, it's Bernie."

"Who?"

"It's me Bernie from the Post."

"Oh, what do you want now?"

"I want to talk about the interview process."

"No comment, it is an ongoing process."

"Please Mr. Shaw, pretty please. I need to look good to all of my readers, and I promise to make you look like a genius."

"OK. Call me back; someone might be listening or the line may be tapped. But we must talk in code."

Dognut..."Snowman this is Dognut..."

Snowman..."Go ahead Dognut..."

Dognut..."How did the Miami interview go??"

Snowman..."It went well like all of the others."

Dognut..."Who has the inside track."

Snowman..."I can't say."

Dognut..."Well does the coach come from a warm climate."

Snowman..."Yes. Don't you read other newspapers? I believe that the info is already out there."

Dognut..."Uh, Ok, but I need to be the one to break this. So is it on the west coast or the east coast."

Snowman..."East of St. Louis."

Dognut..."Oh, boy. Oh boy. I got the scoop. Thanks John...Uh, oh, I mean Snowman."

Snowman..."Alright Dognut, but nothing is official until the Wicked Witch blesses off on it." Click...

Bernie's Litterbox...

"Attention all minions. I have the inside scoop...."

All hail Bernie the insider...

:bow:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Great stuff! LOL

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I saw this over at Bernie's and just had to share. When asked about the CBS report scooping the hometown Bernie, BM's response was this.....

I had the official confirmation from John Shaw that it was a done deal and they were prepared to announce the hiring - as well as the team's plans for a Friday news conference.

Everything else before that was speculation, and some of that speculation was incorrect.

For instance at the time Clark Judge said it was a done deal, it most certainly was not. Shaw had yet to huddle with Zygmunt and Kroenke to make the choice between Linehan and Rivera.
    Maybe it's just me, but that's pretty funny. Bernie goes on to tell how it's all good, and he doesn't care who was first...........of course, that didn't stop him from saying Judge was just guessing. LOL
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

A fat man like Bernie shouldn't tap dance...It's just not a pretty sight....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

And, let's not forget, while Bernie is working so hard to convince everyone he was first on the Linehan story, it did not go unnoticed that he was pretty much the last person to print something praising Jack Snow upon his passing.

All I know is that Clark Judge is my new hero!

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Hey, don't go that far -- remember, Clark Judge is first and foremost a piece of garbage whiner fan!

Okay, so that's a good point. But Judge at least merits a 6 month exemption from the Glower Rankings!