throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie on Linehan

From Bernie:

As usual, some things were left out in the translation of what I said.

What I said was, right now, he looks like a dud -- unless things change, and I hope that he does. But unless something changes, he's a dud.

Why? Because he has no personality. And he has shown no personality with the team, either. Players go into meetings and come out of meetings and he head coach doesn't make much of an impression.

My point about the media is, he appears to be as dull with his players as he is with the media, and if that's the case, then it's not good.

No one said he should be fired.
    No one said that he's hopeless.
    No one said it couldn't change.

I was talking about the way things ARE RIGHT NOW.

As for the comment that I praised Linehan for giving up play calling (in Saturday's "Bits" ) but criticize him now.... once again: please put down the glue. What is it with some of you people where you seem to think we live in an all-or-nothing world? That everything is absolute? That a coach is either all bad, or all great?

Linehan did a good thing and an unselfish thing by giving up the play calling... I respect him for it.

But what the hell does that have to do with his team coming out Sunday and laying down like dogs against a 2-9 team?

Based on the bizarre logic of some here ... just because I like the fact that he gave up play calling, it means that I should approve of everything he does?

That's insane.

Based on this logic, it means that, if you like one column that I write, therefore you must like every column that I write. In other words, you can't say, those two columns were really good, but the latest one sucked.

How stupid would that be?

For those of you who think Linehan is Lombardi, Landry, etc. Well, good for you.

--B

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bernie on Linehan

Oh my God! Get him off! He'll crush the coach!

Oh, wait... I guess I should read more than just the thread's title.

Man, that was funny

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie
    For those of you who think Linehan is Lombardi, Landry, etc. Well, good for you.
    Huh? Are there actually people out there that have said or even intimated that Linehan is Lombardi or Landry?? Maybe Bernie should put down the glue because he's making some wacky assumptions and exaggerations. What else is new?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Why is it that, whatever the circumstance, the article always manages to return to Bernie?

Yodude is offline Registered User

Based on this logic, it means that, if you like one column that I write, therefore you must like every column that I write. In other words, you can't say, those two columns were really good, but the latest one sucked.
    I hate to be the one to point this out.....but all your columns suck.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Country Guest

He is a first year head coach
    He is a first time head coach
    He is an offensive coach with defensive problems
    He has had one draft with the team

GIVE HIM TIME

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Huh? Are there actually people out there that have said or even intimated that Linehan is Lombardi or Landry?? Maybe Bernie should put down the glue because he's making some wacky assumptions and exaggerations. What else is new?
    Agreed. Bernie needs only to read his own article and ask himself his own questions:

"What is it with some of you people where you seem to think we live in an all-or-nothing world? That everything is absolute? That a coach is either all bad, or all great?"

Bernie chastises people for speaking in extremes, and then talks about posters who think Linehan is Lombardi or Landry, as if such an opinion actually exists beyond the extreme and typically illogical wing of all fan bases.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!