Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bernie: Not looking good on Bates

"Rams DC update"

I talked to Shaw about Bates about 90 minutes ago.
    And he's pessimistic.
    That's all he'd say.

(and no, I'm not checking again tonight, or tomorrow).

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams pessimistic on Bates...he apparently keeps jacking the price up and keeps waiting to see who will bid the most. not in any rush to make a decision, either.

so linehan is proceeding his way through the other names on the list...

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rams DC update"

In Bates' case ... it is money.

I don't blame him. He isn't a young coach, and if he has a chance to make a big score, he should go for it.

--B

I don't think Erickson is coming here.... nothing in the works as of last night, anyway.

--B

At the top of the list of things Linehan has to do first:

He hires the staff first.

He evaluates the current Rams' players and meets with them 1-1.

At some point during this, Linehan also works with Zygmunt and Shaw to hire a new personnel director. he will play a major role in that selection. They already have identified one guy they're interested in.

--B

The Rams need to improve the morale. It's one of many things to do on a long list of things to do. If Linehan can do that, it's a plus. He has to do a lot more than that, as anyone with a brain knows ... but I try to write for adults.

--B

"Bernie, any word on Bruce's future?"

I've heard rumblings they plan to restructure his contract via an extension -- but I have nothing concrete on that. sorry.

--B

"Post subject: Linehan Calling His Own Plays"

Going in, I don't mind it at all.

As has been pointed out on this thread, a bunch of offensive-minded HC call their own plays.

If, however, it becomes an issue -- impacts his other duties during games -- then it'll have to be addressed.

Shaw had concerns about it in the interview with Linehan, for whatever it's worth.

--B

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Not looking good on Bates

Dick Jauron is fine with me. I dont want to wait around for bates.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Darn not looking good. Just keep on searching boys.
    RamsFan16

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

gc what do you know about this guy named larry marmie ? i understand hes available,just kidding, i am fine with jauron also,anyone is an upgrade.

majorram is offline Registered User

I like the quote about Bruce, that will end his carear with the Rams..

I hope the Rams don't go on the cheap. just pay Bates if they we want him!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I really hope we get bates ! We need him on that side of the ball , if we can really get better on this side of ball
    the offence will do their thing ... I really feel good about things on the offence side the rookies will be better Marc will be in good shape and I believe that Linehan will will get the OL solid or at least better ...

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Isn't Jauron still at the top of the Bill's head coaching list??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

We better get Bates or Jauron - that's the Truth.

Linehan is good but no better than Martz. So there's a wash. Our DEF needs major corrections. Bates and Jauron are heads above the competitiona and it has already leaked that Bates was the Ram's No. 1 choice for DC.

Just Pay Bates. Our DEF is UGLY and it HAS to be addressed. We just be losing games 33-31. What good is that Offense is we can't keep the other team from scoring.

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    We better get Bates or Jauron - that's the Truth.

Linehan is good but no better than Martz. So there's a wash. Our DEF needs major corrections. Bates and Jauron are heads above the competitiona and it has already leaked that Bates was the Ram's No. 1 choice for DC.

Just Pay Bates. Our DEF is UGLY and it HAS to be addressed. We just be losing games 33-31. What good is that Offense is we can't keep the other team from scoring.
    considering Linehan has never been a HC before, i dont see how it is even possible to compare the two.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Linehan is good but no better than Martz. So there's a wash.
    Cmon be real, you have never seen him head coach, so you don't know how good he is.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Linehan is good but no better than Martz. So there's a wash.
    Maybe as OC but I think anyone has the potential to be a better HC then Martz. His hirings Marmie, Entire Defense, ST, TE, OL, special projects in the draft, have all been **** during his tenure. If there is one thing he can take credit for its developing QBs that he gets injured and often killed. Martz was lucky to inherit Marshall, Bruce, and Holt. There is no need to keep making comparisons to Martz because he was our OC not HC he never performed the duties of a HC.

No one wants Martz as HC and people are even passing him by for OC. No one is interested in this year of OC's and HC's in high demand. There are several DC's out there but there are few OC's and several teams are looking for HC's.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -01-22-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

OKAY... To be more precise, If Linehan works out.. The point being ... I don't think anyone can reasonably expect him to have a better OFFENSE than Martz.

So, if all things go as planned... the Offense should be in good hands..... That still leaves us with a MAJOR PROBLEM - A DEF ranked 31 in a league of 32.

My point was if most are right about Linehan, there's another aspect to address.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

OKAY... To be more precise, If Linehan works out.. The point being ... I don't think anyone can reasonably expect him to have a better OFFENSE than Martz.
    That’s fine but many people only thought that was all that Martz was responsible for was offense that is a bunch of ****. I expect Linehan as the HC to be more of a uniter as he hinted to in his press conference instead of the D being treated like the little brother. If you take away the passing game by Martz what did he really do as HC. He did not promote a team atmosphere IMO he added nothing beyond his passing game. Martz was never a good HC he was a good OC in a HC's position every other facet of the team suffered under Martz. The HC's #1 priority is being the general of the team and seeing what the entire team needs first. Then the #2 priority in Martz and Linehans description is game day play calling for the offense.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -01-22-2006 at 06:28 PM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    There is no need to keep making comparisons to Martz because he was our OC not HC he never performed the duties of a HC.
    That's comical right there, never performed the duties, oh man too funny. LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Maybe as OC but I think anyone has the potential to be a better HC then Martz. His hirings Marmie, Entire Defense, ST, TE, OL, special projects in the draft, have all been **** during his tenure. If there is one thing he can take credit for its developing QBs that he gets injured and often killed. Martz was lucky to inherit Marshall, Bruce, and Holt. There is no need to keep making comparisons to Martz because he was our OC not HC he never performed the duties of a HC.

No one wants Martz as HC and people are even passing him by for OC. No one is interested in this year of OC's and HC's in high demand. There are several DC's out there but there are few OC's and several teams are looking for HC's.
    this might be the worst post ive ever read on this board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast