Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bernie Notes from Today

Post subject: Rams Notes, wed 9-14

Injury Report:
    ARIZONA

OUT: LB Gerald Hayes (knee)
    DOUBTFUL: TE John Bronson (knee), LB James Darling (knee).
    PROBABLE: DT Darnell Dockett (stomach/illness), C Nick Leckey (ankle)
    C Alex Stepanovich (hand).

Players who missed at least a portion of team practice:
    Wednesday: LB Gerald Hayes, TE John Bronson, LB James Darling, DT
    Darnell Dockett

ST. LOUIS

OUT: T Rex Tucker (calf).
    DOUBTFUL: CB Terry Fair (neck).
    PROBABLE: WR Kevin Curtis (ankle)

Players who missed at least a portion of team practice:
    Wednesday: T Rex Tucker, CB Terry Fair

Other notes: looks like Saipaia will be the RT ... other line changes could be in the works, but not necessarily for this game... love is in the air at Rams Park, with Martz praising Warner and Bulger praising Warner and Warner praising Martz and Bulger in a conference call. Seriously, all three parties are handling this well, so far. ... Martz offered much praise for No. 1 pick Alex Barron, the OT. Says he's "shocked" at the progress Barron has made the last couple of weeks. Now all Barron has to do is put everything together.

Warner had some terrific perspective on Bulger and I'll post that as soon as I transcribe...

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timmerman is really struggling. The foot bothers him. He can't get out in front when he pulls.

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post subject: Warner on Bulger and expectations

I asked Kurt if he felt any empathy for Bulger because Rams fans expect Bulger to match the standard that Kurt set from 1999-2001.

Great answer:

ďI suppose a little bit, because everybody expects me to be that, too. You donít get rid of it. Thank God you have those years that you do. Itís the same way in my situation, and I know Marc is dealing with it. You have that standard even my situation Ė every year, every time you step on that football field, they expect you to perform at that type of level. And itís hard to do. It was a great run that we had. We had everything going, we had everything clicking, we were together for a long period of time. And it was one of those special, special periods.

"Yeah, I feel for him. But at the same time, I donít feel too bad for him because the guyís had nothing but success in the league. You cant get caught up with what the media says or what the fans want. The guyís played good football. Thatís why heís the starting quarterback there, thatís why heís been to the Pro Bowl. Heís an excellent quarterback, and has proven it year in and year out. I donít look at it like he hasnít lived up to a standard. Heís played very good football. He doesnít buy into any of that stuff. He goes out and battles every week and I think heís done a tremendous job there.Ē

--B

Post subject:

It was a great answer, rich with perspective.

Kurt gets it.

--B

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie Notes from Today

If Barron looks "shockingly good", then should we assume he'll be activated for this game?

Any news on that front?

thanks

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

If Barron looks "shockingly good", then should we assume he'll be activated for this game?
    He's going to start at TE.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

What I'd really like to know is if Barron has begun the switch to the RT spot yet?

Also, if Timmerman's struggling, why not play Saipaia at guard and Willig at tackle?

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I like Terrell better at Guard I think he is a better road grader for Jackson. Then have Saipaia start at RT with a short leash. If he fails go to Willig as the next in line. Depending on how far along Barron is I would like to see him get some game time action. Although at this point I don’t count on him contributing at all.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-14-2005 at 11:08 PM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

R 68: How can you make such an outrageous statement? No way does he start at TE... Martz was impressed with his speed from the get-go.... With his height and agility there can be no question he will soon be our starting free safety!!

LOL

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I have a feeling that Martz saying he's "shocked" by Barron's progress has a lot more to do with Rex Tucker getting injured than AB improving at all. Martz has got to cut him some slack now with all the blabbing he's done about Barron having very slim chances of playing early in the season. Don't be "shocked" to see Alex starting in a couple weeks.

majorram is offline Registered User

I was thinking the same EDM, after dishing the guy Martz NOW has to talk the young man up!!!! interesting!!!

steve:clanram:

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Hey Disco, that's a nice video of Steven Jackson showing why arm tackles will never work.
    He looks powerful. :up:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Hey Disco, that's a nice video of Steven Jackson showing why arm tackles will never work.
    He looks powerful. :up:
    In fact, isn't that the play where he broke Rumph's arm?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    In fact, isn't that the play where he broke Rumph's arm?
    Yup, I got the link from Tx. :up:

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    What I'd really like to know is if Barron has begun the switch to the RT spot yet?

Also, if Timmerman's struggling, why not play Saipaia at guard and Willig at tackle?
    yes he has. just started this week I believe.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Hmm... An offensive line w/OP in camp, Barron in the Draft and few Vet FA pick ups ... and the solid play of Terrell...

I sure thought this would have been a area of strength for the Rams. I am no longer sure, but will stay judgement at this time. I just never would have thought that things could turn around that quickly.

Maybe they will turn around just as quickly this weekend and we will be back on course.

I can HOPE!!!