Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bernie on our situation @ center

i think Incognito is more likely to be switched to center than Setterstrom. Incognito apparently has let it be known that he'd prefer to play center. But Wiegmann is a possibility - Rams want to find out if he's healthy and if he still has a strong desire to play.

-B
    My sense is that Wiegmann is the first option, but they want to see where he is, physically and mentally (whether there's still a strong desire to play). But from what I am told Incognito is more likely to be shifted to center if they go that route. Also some vague rumblings that they could pick up a center in a deal. Don't know who.

-B
    I haven't heard anything about Wiegmann getting any free agent interest. He shouldn't be expensive at all and worst case scenario could provide some veteran depth and experience with the offense. If his health checks out, I'd love to get him on this team.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie on our situation @ center

Well it'd be nice to have Wiegmann there, but if not, I mean Incognito is a freaking beast. He'd love to play center.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Props where required...

Nick called this a few days ago. Nothing is definite, but it looks like you were bang on with your assumption.

I think he'd be a very solid pickup, providing depth where needed. If he starts, fine. Methinks we'd have Incognito at guard and a very capable backup inside in Setterstrom.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think if we do move Incognito we are going to need to bring someone in to play at guard, so either way we are going to have to sign at least one other potential starter on the OL

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Am I the only person who is severely concerned about the inordinately large number of personal fouls that Incognito has racked up in his relatively short NFL career? How many drives has this guy killed with pointless penalties after the play? There's a difference between playing hard-nosed and playing stupid and Incognito lands in the latter. This guy has shown a troubling inability to control his actions during a game and if he continues to hurt the team time after time with these senseless penalites, he can't be allowed on the field. Between his stupidity and Alex Barron's mind-boggling inability to understand a snap count, a struggling offense only gets far worse.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I think if we do move Incognito we are going to need to bring someone in to play at guard, so either way we are going to have to sign at least one other potential starter on the OL
    Yeah, we will need to add another body. I guess we could pick up a C or add another body in the draft.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If we could get Bernie to sign up as our center, our guards and tackles would have to line up on the hash marks...

Seriously, I have a feeling that the center position will be taken care of either in June, the second day of the draft, or we'll get someone when the first round of cuts are made. And, before you jump in about the center being a first round cut guy, sometimes there are some really good players who are cut just because a team is stacked...or they need to clear out a spot for a skill player they don't have.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Am I the only person who is severely concerned about the inordinately large number of personal fouls that Incognito has racked up in his relatively short NFL career? How many drives has this guy killed with pointless penalties after the play? There's a difference between playing hard-nosed and playing stupid and Incognito lands in the latter. This guy has shown a troubling inability to control his actions during a game and if he continues to hurt the team time after time with these senseless penalites, he can't be allowed on the field. Between his stupidity and Alex Barron's mind-boggling inability to understand a snap count, a struggling offense only gets far worse.
    Yes you are.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

No, you're not.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I'm with you on both Incognito & Barron.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=moloch41;217798][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS] the inordinately large number of personal fouls that Incognito has racked up in his relatively short NFL career? How many drives has this guy killed with pointless penalties after the play? /QUOTE]

How many drives?
    How many personal fouls?

Chris58 is offline Registered User

How about some Prozac for Incognito and Ritalin for Barron?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS] the inordinately large number of personal fouls that Incognito has racked up in his relatively short NFL career? How many drives has this guy killed with pointless penalties after the play?
    How many drives?
    How many personal fouls?
    Actually, I'd like to know that one myself. Yes, he went nuts at the Arizona game after coming off injury, but outside of that game, has he really had an extraordinary amount of drive-killing penalties, or is his college hype just spilling into his pro career?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

What about Dustin Fry to play center ? When they drafted Fry the last year I was OK with this choice, I thought it would be the future at the position for the Rams, he is strong and nasty. Did you hear something about Fry ?
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I doubt Fry's starting worthy, but it'd be nice to hear that he's ready to be on the active roster as a backup. If Wiegmann can start, I'd be happy to have him at Center and Fry as the official backup, but Cogs as the real, in game backup. If he can't start, Cogs starts at center, Wiegmann backs him up, and Fry is a backup guard maybe? Setterstrom is either starting or backup guard, depending on Wiegmann's status.

As for Cogs and his penalties, yes he's had a number of penalties, and yes they've not helped us keep drives alive. However, I'd rather have to back him off a little than have to try to gear someone up to block for us any day. I think Wiegmann would be a great roomate for him to try to get him to mature a little.

As for Barron, I already made a proposal, and it works out well if we pick up Jake Long. Long plays RT, Cogs RG, and Barron plays center. It's hard to false start when you control the ball! "32 X slant Y fade on whenever Barron hikes the ball!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-05-2008, 06:17 AM
  2. -03-05-2008, 06:17 AM