Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Bernie: Rams fans don't owe Kroenke anything ..

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Rams fans don't owe Kroenke anything ..

I too, would love to know what his true motives are, for the franchise.? This period could be a pivotal moment in our history, so it's understandable that Bernie is itching for a scoop. Also, he will lose his slot as a sports writer for the Rams, if the Rams go back to L.A.? This could be the extra motivation behind his curiosity.?
    I know Kroenke has been singing the praises of Arsenal manager (headcoach) Arsene Wenger. Wenger has been a brilliant talent spotter, and developer, since he joined Arsenal about 11 years ago. He has also done all of this, without having the massive funds, that some of his rivals were lucky enough to have. Replicating the Arsenal model in the NFL, will not be easy, but its not impossible. It all starts with getting the right man for the job. I hope and pray that Stan gets it right first time.?
    GO RAMS

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The Rams weren't a bad team until they moved to Orange County

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    The Rams weren't a bad team until they moved to Orange County
    Which happened to coincide exactly with the death of Carrol Rosenbloom.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

macrammer is offline Registered User

This title is incorrect. If I am not mistaken, the fans do owe Kroeneke $7.00 more this year over last year for some location in the dome. They all should get a refund after this years debacle.
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    good. why in the hell should taxpayers fork over cash for an owner who rarely shows up at games (if at all) and a garbage franchise ?
    They shouldn't, unless they want to keep the Rams in St. Louis, and a publcly funded stadium is the determining factor in doing that. On the flip side, why should Kroenke pay for a new stadium and keep the Rams in St. Louis, with a disillusioned fan base and another city offering him a killer deal that includes a state of the art new stadium?

Who knows how this will all turn out, but it seems to me Bernie is jumping the gun here. Maybe he should wait until Kroenke intimates that the fans in St. Louis owe him something? It might just be that Stan will be okay with funding a new stadium himself and keeping the team in St. Louis.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

The Rams are the 1%, ITS TIME TO OCCUPY!!
    RamDez likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

St Louis Mayors Office : "We aint giving you jack Stan, build your own Ego-boosting stadium on your dime"

Kroenke: "I opt out of my contract"

St Louis Mayors Office : " ......... fudge sticks, whats our plan B?? ... where the f*&% is our adviser? BERNIEEEEEEEE"
    MoonJoe and RAMarkable like this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I would imagine that Bernie's rant is of no consequence whatever to Stan, as after all this issue (a move, or new stadium wherever it may be), is about money - a business decision.

Stan likely knew in advance when he stepped forward at the last possible minute to buy the Rams, where he'd be going - or staying. Silent Stan didn't tip his hand up until the last minute when acquiring the Rams, and no one should be surprised if he keeps quiet publicly until he's worked out the deal he wants regarding a new stadium - wherever that happens to be.

I'm originally from LA, (nearly 42 years ago), and when I first heard the Rams were moving from LA to St Louis, I was really bummed. At the time it was unthinkable, but it didn't take too long for me to realize that it didn't really matter where the Rams played, as I was hooked for life as a Rams fan.

If the Rams move, most if not all of us will eventually adjust and keep cheering them on. That said, I hope they do stay in St. Louis and Stan builds a new stadium there. I have enjoyed the trips I've made to St. Louis, and enjoyed being in the Dome as well.

In the end, we as fans want WINS! Stan understands this - surely better than Georgia did, and undoubtedly will work tirelessly (and quietly) to bring about the turnaround we all so desperately yearn for. One thing it appears he won't do however, is throw good money after bad .. Dan Snyder he is not ..
    RamDez and bradwill like this.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I would imagine that Bernie's rant is of no consequence whatever to Stan, as after all this issue (a move, or new stadium wherever it may be), is about money - a business decision.

Stan likely knew in advance when he stepped forward at the last possible minute to buy the Rams, where he'd be going - or staying. Silent Stan didn't tip his hand up until the last minute when acquiring the Rams, and no one should be surprised if he keeps quiet publicly until he's worked out the deal he wants regarding a new stadium - wherever that happens to be.

I'm originally from LA, (nearly 42 years ago), and when I first heard the Rams were moving from LA to St Louis, I was really bummed. At the time it was unthinkable, but it didn't take too long for me to realize that it didn't really matter where the Rams played, as I was hooked for life as a Rams fan.

If the Rams move, most if not all of us will eventually adjust and keep cheering them on. That said, I hope they do stay in St. Louis and Stan builds a new stadium there. I have enjoyed the trips I've made to St. Louis, and enjoyed being in the Dome as well.

In the end, we as fans want WINS! Stan understands this - surely better than Georgia did, and undoubtedly will work tirelessly (and quietly) to bring about the turnaround we all so desperately yearn for. One thing it appears he won't do however, is throw good money after bad .. Dan Snyder he is not ..
    Say what you will about Georgia, but she did bring a Superbowl to this franchise, smart move on her part to bring a Championship to the city of St Louis. Unquestionably The most beautiful owner the NFL has ever known, it should be greatly noted. Stan could take alittle time to reflect upon what it takes to be a real championship owner with the ability to hold up the Lombardi with elegance, style and grace. May Madam Ram Geogia Rosenbloom Frontiere forever reside in everlasting eternal peace.
    RamDez likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes, when my dog isn't getting enough attention, he'll find a magazine and start shredding it to pieces in front of me just to get my attention.

I think Bernie is using the same technique to get Kroenke's attention.

The bottom line is that the phrase "if you build it, they will come" in the real world refers to a winning team, not a stadium. If the Rams start winning again, nobody will care about the EJD (which, by the way, is a perfectly fine place to watch a game).

If you haven't noticed, Bernie, Kroenke has not exactly had a lot of time to build a winning team. Give him time.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Say what you will about Georgia, but she did bring a Superbowl to this franchise, smart move on her part to bring a Championship to the city of St Louis. Unquestionably The most beautiful owner the NFL has ever known, it should be greatly noted. Stan could take alittle time to reflect upon what it takes to be a real championship owner with the ability to hold up the Lombardi with elegance, style and grace. May Madam Ram Geogia Rosenbloom Frontiere forever reside in everlasting eternal peace.

A series of unbelievable events- and luck- contributed to the Rams winning the Super Bowl. I would say the Rams won a Super Bowl DESPITE Georgia. She slowly but surely mismanaged this team into irrelevance for the vast majority of her ownership. And while history will credit her with being the owner of a Super Bowl winning team, she is not someone to be praised for any supposed brilliance in running the Rams.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Do you find it difficult to type with one hand??

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I just threw up in my mouth. Please tell me that was sarcasm. That murderering gold digger did nothing but ruin this team to her own financial gain. Star after star was let go so the Rams could save a buck. Like NJ said, the Rams won the SB despite her, not because of her.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I just threw up in my mouth. Please tell me that was sarcasm. That murderering gold digger did nothing but ruin this team to her own financial gain. Star after star was let go so the Rams could save a buck. Like NJ said, the Rams won the SB despite her, not because of her.
    She destroyed a storied franchise and was the laughingstock of NFL owners. She WAS not worthy to own the Rams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12