Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bernie: Rams interest in Jenkins is "lukewarm"

The Rams have some interest in Jenkins but it's lukewarm... they have reservations over his attitude and conditioning... they won't overpay, that's for sure.

--B
    From the Post-Dispatch board.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Rams interest in Jenkins is "lukewarm"

dont believe a word he says on this. the rams are never going to reveal what they really think on this. by the way, overpay is a subjective term. he is a pro bowl defensive tackle, the market value on that is pretty high.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

This little game of cat and mouse is starting to become hard on my nerves. I just hope the Rams FO doesn't let this guy slip.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    by the way, overpay is a subjective term. he is a pro bowl defensive tackle, the market value on that is pretty high.
    Based on? The highest offer we've heard about is a third rounder.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I think he means in the NFL the going price for a defensive tackle is pretty high.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Lets see what he gets traded for nick. The offers to date arent the final offers. My comment was based on bernies statement that the rams wont "overpay" and i dont know what that means. Arguably, overpay means to pay more than anyone else. All i am suggesting is that a pro bowl defensive tackle adds more value to any nfl team than a #3 pick. Whether kris jenkins is or isnt that guy, the market will tell.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Lets see what he gets traded for nick. The offers to date arent the final offers.
    Maybe, maybe not. My point is we don't know what the market is outside of the information we have, and the current information supports the highest offer being a third. Will he get traded for more? Who knows. But I don't think you can say the market is pretty high based on what we know.

Country is offline Registered User

I hope that the Rams stay cautious and do not over pay in terms of picks for him.

2nd round and no higher.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Well Jenkins is a health concern. If I'm not mistaken he's missed the majority of 2 of the last 3 seasons. I don't blame the Rams for being lukewarm.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    I don't know why, I just don't seem to want him anymore.. it seems like our FO will just screw this up anyways, I will get excited when it happens, untill it does It is just a rumor.

-FTG
    Lets hope when your head stops spinning, your face is to the front!

Anyways, it's all smoke. Nobody really knows what shape he's in so the Panther's can't actually expect legitimate offers until teams know what it is they're bidding for. I think this trade will ultimately come down to draft day, and pray our front office doesn't pass him up if he's in good condition. :r

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I don't believe that. I believe its another smoke screen making to other teams so that they think we're "lukewarm" about it that they can breathe a sigh of relief and offer less than what they would have, leaving the Rams the Front Runners to acquire him through trade.
    RamsFan16

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Okay, right. So we're totally disinterested in all the free agent tackles on the market. We're lukewarm on Jenkins, and we're showing substantial interest in drafting Ted Ginn. We would never dream of moving Witherspoon, and we were this close to trading up to get Jay Cutler last year. In other news, we plan on trading Kennedy and Glover and converting Jeff Wilkins to play nose tackle so we can switch to a 3-4. Mark my words.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

dont believe a word he says on this. the rams are never going to reveal what they really think on this.
    general counsel
    Especially not to Bernie!

Remember, this is a man who gets paid to write controversial things.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -04-13-2007 at 05:05 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

wasnt this the same guy that, when asked about Chris Draft, said he didnt care because he was watching basketball or something?

z.nrd Guest

Bernie is a pure "access journalist." That means he is usually always repeating a source. In the past, sometimes that was Martz, sometimes it was Armey, sometimes it was Zygmunt, sometimes it was more than one of them.

When he says something like this, he is copying or echoing someone in the organization. When he offers nothing more than a mere opinion he says so. If he doesn't have a source, he says nothing about what the Rams are supposedly thinking.

Lately, his only source has been Zygmunt. He has mentioned getting info from Zygmunt on a couple of occassions n the last couple of months.

If this post by Bernie echoes Zygmunt, and it probably does, then, all it means is that the Rams are not going to be bluffed into spending too high a pick on Jenkins.

I see it as a "no panic" mode on the Rams part. When free agency started, they were interested in Sands and Hollis Thomas; when those guys got signed by their respective teams, they did not panic and sign one of the many far lesser DT free agents (who, notice, have not yet signed with *anyone*). Good for the Rams.

They are signalling all over the place that they won't give up too much in terms of draft picks for Jenkins. Good for them again.

Meanwhile, their DL coach is going to various pro days working out potential NTs. A couple of prospective draft picks who play NT have visited the Rams. Add that all up and they will most likely draft someone at the spot---and they will probably draft someone whether they get Jenkins or not.

Last edited by z.nrd; -04-13-2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast