Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Rams' Rebuilding Strategy Frustrates Fans

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Wow. An informed article that stuck to the story instead of bringing the writer in as the story itself?

BM must have hired a ghost writer.

Okay, seriously, I get the "slow-roast" concept. I know our "microwave" fans aren't going to have the patience for it, but I'm sure they too will enjoy the eventual product, assuming they don't check themselves into a clinic when the Rams don't when immediately.

However, what I don't get is the Atogwe deal. Yes, he'll be 29 when the season starts, but surely there's enough in the tank to get another long-term deal done, instead of just letting him walk. First right of refusal? Just not getting this one yet.
    Do you think there is something we dont know about Atogwe?What was his injury? And is he fully healed? Or is it simply not wanting to overpay the man?

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

Loved this MoonJoe "
    And the motto for 2010 is...."increasingly ambivalent"...I like it! "

So let me get this straight. The FO has a plan and the plan is to be competitive by maybe (like maybe 8-8) by 2012? And as a fan I shoulod be ok with this? The FO says it wants to build a solid foundation first. Is that foundation Feeley, Robbins. I thought we started last year with Atogwe and Fells. hmmm. The FO have come out and said they want to wait for the great FA exodus of 2011, that might or might not happen. But we do not build through FA. hmmm. Sorry for being impatient but I believe the NFL stands for "not for long" with calls like that. I thought we hired Spags last year because things were bad. Guess what they got worse. Billy D should be on the hot seat. All I can say is that they better pull a rabbit out their hat in the draft or Ram nation should call for their heads on a platter(figuretively of course). I meen Suh better be Reggie White incarnate, Bradford better channel Peyton or we better trade for late round picks that make the pro bowl. It may not be rational but fans don't have to be.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Maybe the Atogwe thing is a mutual agreement.

While negotiating a long term deal the Rams probably had one figure. Atogwe had another.

Rams were confident they had the fair market price and Atogwe was was confident he had the fair market price.

How to settle the difference.

ROFR. It will set the market price.

I am confident unless someone throws CRAZY, CRAZY money his way that the Rams will match the offer and Atogwe will return happy.

Just my opinion.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

"Ghost-writer" indeed! Hard information, backed by logical explanation devoid of emotion or personal opinion. Wow.

As for patience as a fan? We all remember a little stretch called "The 80's", right? Yeah, well...I'm still here. Waiting.

Being a patient, methodical guy, I am pleased with the direction and attitude displayed by our FO brain trust. The FA market is for stop-gap help. Winners draft well.

Come on April!!

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    Do you think there is something we dont know about Atogwe?What was his injury? And is he fully healed? Or is it simply not wanting to overpay the man?
    And maybe that's it. Maybe his health is more of a concern that originally thought.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

LA_Rams is offline Registered User

We'll be fine. In a few years with a couple of great drafts under our belt (and 2011 free agents), we will be a tough team to beat! Lets just hope we draft Suh!

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I'm fine with the rebuilding strategy. It's the other fans' constant whining that frustrates me. If you're sick of the way this team is handling their business, cheer for the Lions. Their spending splurge is sure to net them 4 wins this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12