Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bernie: Rams should be held more accountable

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Rams should be held more accountable

AV & NJ you are both right. AV you are right, we're all chronics. Guys like Maui, Real and myself go back to the late '60's rooting for this team. That is where NJ is right because as chronics, we expect that there will be some gratification for this endless loyalty. It isn't so much a question of "or else what", but rather we're due to reap the harvest of these good drafts and have our talent emerge as a team. That's the dirty little secret of the NFL, build a team don't just collect talent. I sense that is what Jeff, Les and Kevin have focused on doing. Just my opinion, but I will admit it's nice to have a bunch of Rams chronics to commiserate with after years of suffering in loneliness. Oops, looks like my time is up, we'll have to continue this next week.

Incidentally, NJ you are more patient than you think, look who you root for.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by mde8352gorams; -11-21-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

BY BERNIE MIKLASZ

Rams stick with long-term plan

The Rams, meanwhile, are sticking with their long-range plan.

The plan isn’t free of pain. The plan requires patience. The plan requires strong faith in the belief that Fisher, Snead and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff know what they’re doing.

For the Rams, the good news was a surprising 7-8-1 record in 2012. No one tried to organize a parade, but the team exceeded expectations in the first year of a massive rebuild.
    GM Billy Devaney and head coach Steve Spagnuolo went for the jackpot in 2011, signing more than a dozen aging free agents after barely missing the playoffs with a 7-9 record in 2010.

After a disastrous, injury-ravaged 2-14 season, Kroenke immediately fired Devaney and Spagnuolo and brought in Fisher and Snead to implement a dedicated philosophy of drafting and developing young players.
    The flip side is this: For too long there’s been a serious operational flaw at Rams Park. Under a sequence of impatient GMs and coaches the franchise was driven into the Earth City landfill through horrendous drafts, foolish free-agent expenditures and quick-fix attempts that only exacerbated the problems.

Fisher, Snead and Demoff are adamant about sticking to their core principles. They’re going to cultivate young talent, coach it up, and watch it grow.
    Bernie wrote this in the off season and he may not agree with the Rams plan or if it will work. He sees it like I do, they have a long term plan and will not panic and start signing stop gap players to plug holes, even though that might make us a better team for a year. The Rams are building through the draft it takes time. While some Skin fans are starting to call for RG3 to be benched the Rams have yet to spend all the draft picks from that trade. Better days are ahead, I have to believe that.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-21-2013 at 06:19 PM.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

While I don't condone mediocre play, at the same time you have to put it into context.

This is a second year regime who completely overhauled the roster.

Many of the new HC hires today (Reid, Arians, Kelly, Trestman) we're lucky enough to take over a team with at least solid talent or better. On the other hand, Fisher joined with a handful of good players and about 35-45 guys who aren't even in the NFL anymore.

Not to mention, we lost our QB early in the season. That's the toughest loss to bounce back from for any team.

I like that Fisher is keeping this young team competitive through adversity, and after another draft and free agency period, I'll expect a Rams team fighting for a playoff spot next year.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Again... or else what?

I'll tell you what.

You'll come back and continue to root for the Rams. You'll get your hopes up again and eagerly await each game day. You're a chronic, just like the rest of us. There is no escape!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    Unfortunately, I cannot refute a thing you just said.
    MauiRam likes this.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Again... or else what?

I'll tell you what.

You'll come back and continue to root for the Rams. You'll get your hopes up again and eagerly await each game day. You're a chronic, just like the rest of us. There is no escape!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    You just set my therapy back three years!
    MauiRam likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Again... or else what?

I'll tell you what.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    I, ah, well, but, ummm, you are ah.....Ha Ha....yes, that is the way it has been for me since 1968.......
    MauiRam likes this.

MACD is offline Registered User

By FestusRam:
    I like that Fisher is keeping this young team competitive through adversity, and after another draft and free agency period, I'll expect a Rams team fighting for a playoff spot next year.

This truly is the "silver lining" in Sam's absence: Learning to overcome adversity. It's just what champions do.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

With everything that has been said in this thread I have 2 words.

GO RAMS!!!!
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123