GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Bernie: Rams want respect ? Then they have to earn it.

Rams feel they aren't getting respect; why should they?
    By Bernie Miklasz
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/13/2008

We heard some interesting rationalizations this week after the Rams embarrassed themselves, the franchise and the city with Sunday's disgraceful fold-up at Philadelphia.

Coach Scott Linehan suggested that the effort was there. Offensive coordinator Al Saunders insisted that Marc Bulger really did throw with accuracy. One team executive was angered by the suggestion that Linehan didn't get the squad ready to compete.

Some of the players, Dane Looker among them, disputed media accounts that accused the Rams of lying down. You had a defensive back named Jonathan Wade, who is looking like another wasted No. 3 draft pick, hollering across the locker room the other day, telling Bulger not to talk to the media. If Wade has made a play in this league, I haven't seen it. So I want to know: Who is this Wade, and why is he yapping?

The Rams are an amazing bunch right now. In their delusional little world, they demand respect, even though they disrespect the fans, new owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez and the city of St. Louis by failing to give an effort in the 38-3 loss to the Eagles.

The Rams act insulted because they're rightly called out for rolling over and playing dead in the first game of the season. And that is insulting to everyone else. Here's what each and every player and coach should have done: apologize to the fans for that early surrender in Philadelphia.

Sunday, the Rams have a chance to grow a spine. They can show us what they're really about. The New York Giants are coming to town, and they're a tough, physical football team that can prey on a weak-hearted opponent. After sitting down in Philly, the Rams have a chance to stand up ó stand for something ó against the Giants.

Sunday is a special day for Rosenbloom and Rodriguez. They will be honoring their late mother, Georgia Frontiere, who brought an NFL team to this city, a team that would win the Super Bowl.

It would be a shame if the players and coaches dishonored Frontiere's memory by quitting again.

You want respect, fellas?

Here's an idea: earn it.

BEER is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Bernie: Rams want respect ? Then they have to earn it.

It pisses me off that Linny cant admit that bulger sucked, that he threw the
    ball off his back foot even with no pressure. And what pisses me off even
    more is that we passed on QB Cuttler to trade down to get WHO????????
    Tye hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie: Rams want respect ? Then they have to earn it.

Good Article...

No better way to earn respect by beating last years champ.....

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    It pisses me off that Linny cant admit that bulger sucked, that he threw the
    ball off his back foot even with no pressure. And what pisses me off even
    more is that we passed on QB Cuttler to trade down to get WHO????????
    Tye hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love it when people judge the draft. Amazing how the Rams get bashed for selecting this guy and not this guy....

C'mon get real. If Hill became a shut down corner what would you say then. NOTHING I AM SURE...

I'm still pisssed off that the Rams passed on Colston in the 1st round. What the heck were we thinking. Man we could of had Brady in the 3rd round.....

Tired of people pulling names out of the hat and saying the Rams could of had this guy or that guy after several years have passed and it's obvious that the guy can play well in this league.....

Question: IF Cassel does well are you going to blame the Rams for selecting another player in the draft instead of this guy? I do not think we was drafted or was he?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

After the Giants game the coaches should have their eyes taped open and forced to watch the films for at least seventy-two hours. They need to see what a diciplined, well conditioned, coached up team looks like. Then get a Giants 2008 team picture and tape it to everyones locker. Don't throw the tapes in the trash like last week. Instead of cutting your hardest working player (Verbora) can your weakest link (your pick goes here). Mine is Barron. Set examples. Act like you've got nothing to lose. Because you only have the franchise to lose.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Good Article...

No better way to earn respect by beating last years champ.....
    Agree!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a long week for me trying to defined my Rams. I would like to get my buddies off my back for one week go Rams please
    :ramlogo:

Mooselini is offline Registered User

This doesn't go for just the Rams, but you do need to win to get appreciation (except the Raiders. I don't know how they do it!)

But the team needs to win. If they beat the Giants, then freaking great! If we can go out and beat the Superbowl Champs, that will get this team motivated over anything at this point. We need the win tomorrow.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    This doesn't go for just the Rams, but you do need to win to get appreciation (except the Raiders. I don't know how they do it!)

But the team needs to win. If they beat the Giants, then freaking great! If we can go out and beat the Superbowl Champs, that will get this team motivated over anything at this point. We need the win tomorrow.
    your 100% right, this is the biggest 2nd game of the season the St. Louis Rams have played,if for no other reason than to prove they are not the team we watched last week,the pressure is on them today,I hope they feel it and play hard and come out with the win.

skelley is offline Registered User

My biggest concern is we are playing a far superior team than Phily. It would take a miracle(needing Linny & Bulger to preform at a quality NFL level that is).

chiguy is offline Registered User

Well, for what its worth this is the message most of the player's seemed to be putting forward in the articles in the lead up to today's game. Maybe that's just media savvy, but I sure as heck hope that they understand that they won't get support if they play undisciplined, scared football. I don't care if they lose so much if they go down swinging.

skelley is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Well, for what its worth this is the message most of the player's seemed to be putting forward in the articles in the lead up to today's game. Maybe that's just media savvy, but I sure as heck hope that they understand that they won't get support if they play undisciplined, scared football. I don't care if they lose so much if they go down swinging.
    Ditto. The week 1 loss wasn't what disgusted me. It was the way the Rams just seemed to give up 2 plays into the game.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skelley View Post
    Ditto. The week 1 loss wasn't what disgusted me. It was the way the Rams just seemed to give up 2 plays into the game.
    I think alot of us feel that way,a win would be great and hugh for the team, but they need to give an all out effort and leave it all on the field,then win or lose they will gain respect.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    Rams feel they aren't getting respect; why should they?
    By Bernie Miklasz
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/13/2008

We heard some interesting rationalizations this week after the Rams embarrassed themselves, the franchise and the city with Sunday's disgraceful fold-up at Philadelphia.

Coach Scott Linehan suggested that the effort was there. Offensive coordinator Al Saunders insisted that Marc Bulger really did throw with accuracy. One team executive was angered by the suggestion that Linehan didn't get the squad ready to compete.

Some of the players, Dane Looker among them, disputed media accounts that accused the Rams of lying down. You had a defensive back named Jonathan Wade, who is looking like another wasted No. 3 draft pick, hollering across the locker room the other day, telling Bulger not to talk to the media. If Wade has made a play in this league, I haven't seen it. So I want to know: Who is this Wade, and why is he yapping?

The Rams are an amazing bunch right now. In their delusional little world, they demand respect, even though they disrespect the fans, new owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez and the city of St. Louis by failing to give an effort in the 38-3 loss to the Eagles.

The Rams act insulted because they're rightly called out for rolling over and playing dead in the first game of the season. And that is insulting to everyone else. Here's what each and every player and coach should have done: apologize to the fans for that early surrender in Philadelphia.

Sunday, the Rams have a chance to grow a spine. They can show us what they're really about. The New York Giants are coming to town, and they're a tough, physical football team that can prey on a weak-hearted opponent. After sitting down in Philly, the Rams have a chance to stand up ó stand for something ó against the Giants.

Sunday is a special day for Rosenbloom and Rodriguez. They will be honoring their late mother, Georgia Frontiere, who brought an NFL team to this city, a team that would win the Super Bowl.

It would be a shame if the players and coaches dishonored Frontiere's memory by quitting again.

You want respect, fellas?

Here's an idea: earn it.

BINGO!

They've been delusional for 3 years now.

This is beyond pathetic - way beyond.