Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie says it's Linehan

Here's your update...

* Linehan definitely the front runner, as frst reported here ... Shaw told me he's been talking to everyone he knows in the league to see if there's something he's missing about the guy ... not looking for negatives, but just cross checking to make sure he hasn't overlooked something. And people inside the league continue to tell Shaw that Linehan is ready.

* Cameron did well in Friday's interview... enough to get a second interview.... had some good ideas ... Shaw wanted to hear more. Cameron has ground to make up if he's going to dislodge Linehan as the front runner.

* As of late last night, Shaw wasn't 100 percent sure they'd interview Rivera a second time, but he was probably going to do it. They really like his personal qualities. If he gets a second interview, Rivera better have a plan for the offense, and he better have some ideas about a coaching staff. He didn't in the first round of interviews.

* Steelers offensive coordinator Whisenhunt will not be interviewed. Shaw wants to pull the trigger -- wants the new guy to have the best possible chance to put together a strong staff.

* Jim Fassel is still a fallback candidate if everything blows up.

* Cam Cameron will interview today, Linehan tomorrow, and Rivera on Wednesday if they do Rivera a 2nd time, as expected.

* The choice will head to Arizona to meet with Georgia Frontiere, probably Thursday.

* Shaw hopes to announce it Friday -- but nothing etched in stone as far as timing.

--B

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie says it's Linehan

The SAME Linehan who was in charge of the POTENT Viqueen offense this last year? O my!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Actually, this last season he was in Miami.

If you need info on him, here's his bio:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerr..._linehan_s.asp
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Ok...thanks for that...I had no idea he left Minnesota...makes him look alot better!!
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

maineram is offline Registered User

Thanx for the bio link MOM. Sounds like an up & coming coach at any level. Also sounds like Shaw is really doing his homework on this latest top three candidates.
    Anyone know why Saban picked Linehan as his OC ???? Was he his first choice ??

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I just hope that if they do go with Linehan, he brings in a solid DC that will make a huge impact next season.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

general counsel is offline Registered User

NOte that rivera interviewed with NO PLAN for what he intended to do with the offense. that DOES NOT work for me. one side of the ball isnt good enough.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

As long as he's got a plan that he and Shawgmunt feel good about and believe in, I'm all for Linehan. I liked him in Minny and I like what he's done with the Fins down south. His Coronation in St. Loo would not upset me.

Rivera's inexperience and overall "greenness" I think have been his undoing.
    Last edited by Scidog68; -01-16-2006 at 05:00 PM.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    NOte that rivera interviewed with NO PLAN for what he intended to do with the offense. that DOES NOT work for me. one side of the ball isnt good enough.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    this is true, but you also have to consider that he did not have much time to prepare or for the actual interview from what i heard. i'm not saying that's why he didn't have a plan, but i think giving him a 2nd chance to lay out a plan is a must.

Yodude is offline Registered User

In Rivera's defense, he has had playoff games to prepare for over the course of the last few weeks. I'm not sure I would expect a coach in the midst of a playoff run to be fully prepared for an interview. Now if he show's up for the second interview unprepared, that a whole different story.

PS-Oops, I guess I should have read the previous post before making mine. Oh well.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    Ok...thanks for that...I had no idea he left Minnesota...makes him look alot better!!
    No problem, man.....and yes, it does make him look a LOT better....
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by maineram
    Thanx for the bio link MOM. Sounds like an up & coming coach at any level. Also sounds like Shaw is really doing his homework on this latest top three candidates.

Maineram -
    No problem, man....personally, my thought is that a guy who can take the guys he had to work with on offense down in Miami, and make something of it, enough for an above-.500 season at that, is good enough for me. Especially when you take what we have on that side of the ball into consideration. I would like to know who he plans to bring in as his DC, however....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by maineram
    Dolphins | Linehan the Top Candidate for Off. Coordinator
    Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:59:15 -0800

Citing the Miami Herald, Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is the Miami Dolphins' top candidate to become their new offensive coordinator. Dolphins coach Nick Saban is reportedly prepared to offer Linehan a contract that doubles his $300,000 salary.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Incidentally, I hope everyone now can see why this search is proceeding so methodically. The Rams really liked what the say from Linehan, but haven't allowed themselves to simply be swayed from one good interview. They're giving Rivera another chance after clearly signaling what they want to see - an overall plan. Given that chance, they'll now see if it compares favorably to what Linehan laid out and they get to make an informed choice.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy
    Incidentally, I hope everyone now can see why this search is proceeding so methodically. The Rams really liked what the say from Linehan, but haven't allowed themselves to simply be swayed from one good interview. They're giving Rivera another chance after clearly signaling what they want to see - an overall plan. Given that chance, they'll now see if it compares favorably to what Linehan laid out and they get to make an informed choice.
    Only problem being is that the direction that was so boldly outlined by Mr Shaw at the beginning of this search would seem to have changed somewhat.

You could it methodical, you could also call it indecisive and being as most of the choices we have now don't tally with the direction outlined at the start I choose indecisive.

Not to say that any of those gentlemen aren't impressive and worthy of methodical consideration, it's just that I'd have preferred it if we'd gone about our business like some of the other franchises out there silently, professionally and without taking shots at our former HC though hacks in the local press desperate for a scoop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast