throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Bernie: Will We See Keith Null In Nashville?

12.11.2009 10:49 am
    Will We See Keith Null in Nashville?
    By Bernie Miklasz

Itís Friday, always a good thing.

Is Keith Null Ready to Go? The sorry, sad state of Rams football has reached the bottom and I say that because of the constant caterwauling for rookie Rams QB Keith Null. Things were bad last year, and plenty gruesome in 2007. The coaching and drafting have been abysmal. Players have had their careers destroyed by injuries. Coaches have disappeared. The franchise has lost 21 of its last 22 games. The team is for sale. And with so much failure ó weíve taken a battering as fans ó itís really difficult to identify the absolute low point. But I believe we have seen it, reached it. I believe we have arrived. When the only source of hope among the fan base is an obscure rookie QB fron Division II who never took a snap from under center until this year, when young Mister Null is viewed as the savior, when he is compared to Kurt Warner Ö well, ouch. Thud. Hi. Weíre here. The bottom. That weíre actually talking about the kid is sad enough; that weíre actually arguing about the kid ó with some promoting the idea that he could emerge as The Answer and The Chosen One ó has confirmed an unfortunate reality. Yes, these are the Worst of Times for NFL football in The Lou. Itís come to this.

Iíve been portrayed as some evil leader of an anti-Null campaign simply because I thought it would be foolish to throw the raw youngster to the hounds when heís never been prepped to start an NFL game. Heís a project, and projects take time. And I thought it would hurt the kid to be handed over to defensive tackles, defensive ends and blitzers when he hasnít done as much as run the Rams offense in practice. Yes, the idea of sending Null out there to fail and get the flesh ripped from his bones and his brain scrambled by attacking defenders just seemed cruel to me. Why do it to the kid? I have, however, been in favor of giving Null some work here in there. Give him a series in the first quarter, a couple in the second half. Ease him in. That would be the smart play. But things have changed. Marc Bulger is injured and out. Kyle Boller is the starter, and the banged up Boller (thigh) has been limping around all week. Boller figures to get smacked around Sunday in Tennessee. The Titans are not friendly to opposing QBs. And because of Bollerís limitations in practice this week, Null has gotten some reps with the first-team offense. Heís gotten a chance to get a feel for things, even if itís just practice. In other words, Null has benefited from actual pregame preparation for the first time. What does that mean? It means that if Null has to play Sunday, he should be a little further along in his readiness. Not close to being where he needs to be; but at least heís had some legit prep time. And thatís important. I have a feeling weíll see Null on Sunday. Boller throws his body around, he takes hits, he leaves himself vulnerable. At some point the Titans will likely deck him, and he wonít know where he is, and Null will be sent into the huddle. Nullís long-suffering fans will get a chance to see The Chosen One lead the horns into battle. And I say: bring it on. Free Keith Null! Give the peeps what they want. Letís do it. Itís (almost) Nullie time. And when he throws that first TD pass, weíll sing it out: Whoa, Nullie!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bernie: Will We See Keith Null In Nashville?

Quote Originally Posted by BM
    When the only source of hope among the fan base is an obscure rookie QB fron Division II who never took a snap from under center until this year, when young Mister Null is viewed as the savior, when he is compared to Kurt Warner Ö well, ouch.
    geez bern.....hyperbole much?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

makersncoke is offline Registered User

"We will rally around Keith Null and we will play good football!" LOL! Seriously I hope if this kid gets his chance he does ok. I don't think this kid is the next Kurt Warner but we sure won't know for sure untill he gets in a game. Here's to a good game on Sun and let's hope everyone makes it out of Nashville in one piece.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bernie is hilarious. He's been blasting the notion of Null playing, and belittling anyone suggesting that he get a shot, but now he's saying Null is farther along, has had some practices with the first team, has gotten some legit prep time, and has a feel for things now.

Sounds to me like Bernie is hedging his bet on the chance that if Null does get some playing time, he won't fall completely flat on his face.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Just received a text from Yoko. She said that she just knew that John would want the following said: "All we are saying is give Keith a chance."

No need to ask for clarification; just let it be.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Bernie IS a contradiction.

He never ceases to amaze me.

I don't see the harm...At this point, what do we have to lose? What if he IS the next Kurt Warner? That means, we focus on other positions in the draft. There can only be good out of seeing what he can do.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Bernie: "Keith Null is not the Messiah."

PD Posters: "Bernie would only deny that Null is the Messiah if he truly were the Messiah!"

Bernie: "Fine, then he is the Messiah."

PD Posters: "HE IS THE MESSIAH!!!!!!"

richtree is offline Registered User

This article makes me want to draft a QB in round 1. After thinking how bad I want to see Null get in the game, (especially when I know he can't be good, and probably won't do anything more than Boller) I imagine how great it would be to see our new franchise QB step out with the horns on next season.

I wish NUll the best of luck.

PS doesn't Null = Zero ? lol

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Bernie is hilarious. He's been blasting the notion of Null playing, and belittling anyone suggesting that he get a shot, but now he's saying Null is farther along, has had some practices with the first team, has gotten some legit prep time, and has a feel for things now.

Sounds to me like Bernie is hedging his bet on the chance that if Null does get some playing time, he won't fall completely flat on his face.
    I agree 100%.

And that Yoko post was awesome.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Yes, but maybe for Keith it means zero losses!!! Lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

And... if he became the starter and one day had a radio show with Bernie they could call it...

Null and Void!

You're a beautiful audience... make sure you tip your waitresses and try the veal!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

One thing about is that he's right....the way our QB's get pummeled he's going to get a shot before the year is over.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

If Null goes in, would that be the signal that we are officially tanking the rest of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    One thing about is that he's right....the way our QB's get pummeled he's going to get a shot before the year is over.
    Some of us here have been saying this for weeks. Welcome to the party Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    If Null goes in, would that be the signal that we are officially tanking the rest of the year?
    Definitely an interesting question. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I thought that was clear with the lack of down field play calling last week against the might Bears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast