AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Bernie's Stirring Tribute to Jack Snow

Here is the full text of what Bernie Miklasz has written to honor the much-too-soon departed Jack Snow:

Yep, that's right. Nothing. Not a printed word.

You know, I hesitated to post this. There is one person here who knows I waited over 24 hours before doing this. Some may think this is just another AvengerRam attack on Bernie.

But this one is different.

I honestly have felt horrible about Jack Snow all week - and I never met the man.

Bernie is supposedly one of the top sportswriters in St. Louis. He knew Jack Snow. He saw first hand what Jack Snow meant to the Rams and the community.

And yet, days after Jack Snow's passing, Bernie hasn't bothered to write a word.

Mind you, he's written plenty on his forum this week about whether Jim Rice should be in the Baseball Hall of Fame and about how Mike Martz would sign Kurt Warner to play for him with another team if the opportunity presented itself, but nothing to honor Jack Snow.

You know, the Bernie thing has always been a game for me... a bit of fun.

This isn't funny.

Its just sad.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie's Stirring Tribute to Jack Snow

Plenty of other writers wrote about Mr. Jack Snow. Nice articles too. Perhaps you could offer up some praise for the writers that do a good job. I don't care if you slam Bernie here, but just remember he is not the only guy writing for the Rams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rest assured, Av, that everyone here knows of your despise for Big Bernie, and, who knows? He just might write a two-inch column about Jack Snow around the anniversary of the sad and sudden death of our distinguished Ram...

But this isn't about "Bernie". As UB implied, the point is to write and/or remember the illustrious No. 84 in a positive, respectful way. And I believe that everyone who knew Jack Snow -- or knew of him -- will forever see him and love him that way.

Miklasz? I hardly ever read or worry about what he says or doesn't say.

I'll take ClanRam and its honest voice on legends such as Jack Snow -- anyday. :1:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think Bryan Burwell wrote one either. Haven't seen one from Jim Thomas. Maybe the Post Dispatch didn't want all of its sports writers to do a piece on Snow, but wanted some to cover other stories as well. I dunno. I think it's unfair to just single out Bernie about this, especially without knowing the circumstances.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I'll make one point and then move on because, as you said, I don't want to make Bernie the primary focus here.

Bernie, unlike the other writers, has his own forum. He didn't need to take the time to write an article, as many others did.

But to not even post a single statement on his "Pressbox" (which would have taken him all of 30 seconds to do)?

That's just not right.

On a lighter note, if scientists were to make a genetic clone from the spliced DNA of me and RamTime, do you think he could prove that Bernie Miklasz fixed Super Bowl 36 so the Rams would lose?

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

Check todays PD and you will find something from Bernie.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

I just saw that. Nice that he finally got around to it, though I found his comments regarding his relationship with Snow to be interesting (I'm sure the Snow family is thrilled that Bernie "can't stay mad" at Jack).

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Avenger, I can't believe how obsessive you are about Bernie. You actually go to his website on a regular basis to check on what he is saying. That is funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Avenger, I can't believe how obsessive you are about Bernie. You actually go to his website on a regular basis to check on what he is saying. That is funny.
    If I only went to Bernie's site, I suppose you could call me obsessive (though, that would be a huge overstatement, if you take the literal definition of the word), but the truth is, I generally make my "rounds" to several sites each day to see what's going on in the sports world, including Sttoday.com, ESPN.com, NFL.com, cbssportsline.com, The Herd board, and the Rams website. I also occasionally go to kffl and profootballweekly.

I'm glad I was able to amuse you, though, Utter. After all, that's what I'm here for.