RamWraith is offline Registered User

Bernie's words of wisdom

The Bernie had some words of wisdom

Jenkins is off for now.
    Rams are not drafting Branch and are down on Okoye.
    Carriker and if not then Revis.
    Says that Vermeil said Hall is the best when he is up and he will be great here since I guess he felt dissed last year and was loved by Vermeil.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Bernie's words of wisdom

If the Jenkins deal doesn't happen and Branch is available and we don't get him, I'll be pissed.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If the Jenkins deal doesn't happen and Branch is available and we don't get him, I'll be pissed.
    No one is giving up any real info two days before the draft. Rams are down on Okoye. Yeah right.:x

general counsel is offline Registered User

agree 100% rambos, which was equally true 3 weeks before the draft, which is why believing anything you read about the draft is nuts. All the pundits have to prove that they are worth reading, thus, they put out dozens of mocks stating that guys are going up and down the board. Nick knows more than any two of them put together.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Country is offline Registered User

I agree as well that the Rams are not interested in Amobi Okoye is simply ridiculous.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Indeed, even if there was any solid information of us being interested in Jenkins, or any of the prospects we can't really believe it until it actually happens. Rambos hit the nail on the head, no one is going to give away anything with 2 days before the draft and I was watching espn today and Kiper was on and as much as I hate him and his stupid hair, I had to agree with something he said. He said that all these teams (at least they should) should know who they want, and what they want to do in the draft weeks before the draft actually happens. I think that is as truthful of a response we'll get towards any information about Jenkins or who we'll pick in the 1st round before it actually happens. And that goes along with all the other teams as well...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

SavageRam is offline Registered User

I don't think Okoye is coming down to #13 anyway (Redskins, Vikings, and Whiners like him), unfortunately.

I'm frankly surprised so many here are so high on Branch given Jimmy Kennedy's bust. By what I've seen, Branch could practically be his clone. Doesn't anybody remember how Kennedy was a top five prospect in 2002? There were good reasons why.

DE/DT Carriker or DE Anderson were both high motor, all over the field play makers that have huge upside - either one would be great @13.

I want the Jenkins deal real bad though. :\

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post

I'm frankly surprised so many here are so high on Branch given Jimmy Kennedy's bust. By what I've seen, Branch could practically be his clone. Doesn't anybody remember how Kennedy was a top five prospect in 2002? There were good reasons why.

im frankly surprised that people wont look at a position in the draft because of past busts, If anything, we should be drafting more of that position to cover for the fact we have had busts in the past!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm frankly surprised so many here are so high on Branch given Jimmy Kennedy's bust.
    It's all about possibility though. Yes, he could be the next Jimmy Kennedy (an argument I've made myself), but he could also become something between Richard Seymour and Shaun Rogers.

Which way does he go? Whoever has that answer today, could be a millionaire tomorrow.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Jenkins is off for now.
    Rams are not drafting Branch and are down on Okoye.
    Translation: The FO is working round the clock to get Jenkins.
    Rams are going to do whatever it takes to get either Branch or Okoye.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

DE/DT Carriker or DE Anderson were both high motor, all over the field play makers that have huge upside - either one would be great @13.
    I agree, and hopefully so dose the coaching staff an FO. From what I have read there are supposed to be some talented DT's in the 2nd; given our past issues with first round DT's it would not surprise me if they wait until then to take one.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    So they both tend to raise up when they get tired, neither has a real nasty demeanor, and they both were dominating and incredibly athletic college players. Does that mean that we should pass up every 330 lb. defensive tackle who wears down over the course of the game? Do we just pass up the seemingly talented ones and hope that someone who appears to be much less talented surprises us? Or do we just decide that since we're completely inept at identifying young talents, we'll only get older defensive tackles that other teams are willing to part with in trade? There's no sure fix here. Now I'd like Jenkins, but if the price is too high, it's certainly tempting to take the DT the scouts are saying has the best chance at success.

Rambos is offline Registered User

It's all about possibility though. Yes, he could be the next Jimmy Kennedy (an argument I've made myself), but he could also become something between Richard Seymour and Shaun Rogers.

Which way does he go? Whoever has that answer today, could be a millionaire tomorrow.
    The AGREE 100% Hub.

I would add Jenkins could give us three pro bowl years or he could be injured two of the three years. There is risk with that trade.

I will take Branch and our 2nd over Jenkins. Branch and drafting a stud DE, has more upside and less risk, then Jenkins alone IMO.

I don't think the Panther let him go for a 3rd. They would have done it already.

For a 3rd and a player I do it and take Branch also.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-26-2007 at 12:01 PM.