28 36.84%
  • Travis Minor

2 2.63%
  • Todd Johnson

5 6.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Best addition... so far

Which addition (factoring in need, money and the player himself) do you like the best?

Drew is offline Registered User

Re: Best addition... so far

i thought long and hard over it ,but with the 3 reasons given to evaluate the pick i had to go overall for drew bennett,but i got four reasons!

he IS a need ,he is value for money due to long term deal and fact that we now have an in-house replacement for bruuuuuuuce!,not sure if hes the best player of the group but how can you say if a WR is a better player than an SS etc....and my fourth reason is he`s named after me!!!!

maineram is offline Registered User

I like the Bennett signing, but had to go with McMichael.

1. Linehan is very farmiliar with this guy and how he can be utilized. Klop can sit a bit and learn from a veteran TE, what this position in Linehans offense is really about.
    2. He'll be on the field a heck of a lot more than a third (slot)reciever in this offense.
    3. The guy is one of top TE's in the league

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I went with Todd Johnson. Special teams coverage hurt us last season. We lost a game to the Seahawks because of a punt return for a TD and we would have beaten the Bears if we could have tackled Hester. Those 2 games were very winnable for us and we would have made the playoffs!!!:r

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I have a few Miami Dolphins friends and they are torn at the fact that McMichael is gone, and considering the deal we made him and the talent level...AND the fact that he got signed I believe a day or two after Graham getting a big contract, I think it shows not only he trusts Linehan, but it shows he has some character too and he's not all about money. That is one problem we did have last year with a few players, and it seems it won't be an issue with this guy. I think it was a pretty good signing...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I went with James Hall. For several reasons.

Our need at DE is bigger than at almost any other position (DT excluded), we have needed someone to complement Little for years.

Our biggest weakness is our run defense and I believe Hall will help improve that area. For this reason alone I couldn't pick a receiving threat, our passing game was fine last year.

We got him for cheap in a very expensive market.

He has shown nice potential with flashes of great play (but has been stopped by injuries).

I could be all wrong, he's been injured a lot recently so it could happen again and make him a non-factor next year. But I think he will be a good addition and I'm betting he makes it through this season with no serious injuries and picks up his play where he left off in 2004 before the injuries set in.

majorram is offline Registered User

Having Bennett with his height in the red zone will be fun to watch, I like that signing, throw in Randy and Bulger has some targets to throw too WoWW....

On a small note... the Re addition if you could call it, is the resigning of Steussie, great depth down the line and with timmerman gone, this was a MUST !! so pleased to have this chap back.....

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

id have to go with McMicheal, he is going to play almost every offensive play and he knows the offensive system

dgr828 is offline Registered User

The St. Louis Rams Play in the "SHOW ME" state. Will these new additions make a significant improvement to the team? Or are the Rams Just grasping for straws?
    I voted for Drew Bennett, also like McMichael & J. Hall pickup.
    I think the Rams are doing a good job in the free agent market, can't wait for this years' draft.
    All the new additions look good on paper, but they'll have to "SHOW ME" what they can do to help this ball club.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't see one that stands out for me as being "significant", but if I had to choose I'd say Minor.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    I went with James Hall. For several reasons.

Our need at DE is bigger than at almost any other position (DT excluded), we have needed someone to complement Little for years.

Our biggest weakness is our run defense and I believe Hall will help improve that area. For this reason alone I couldn't pick a receiving threat, our passing game was fine last year.

We got him for cheap in a very expensive market.

He has shown nice potential with flashes of great play (but has been stopped by injuries).

I could be all wrong, he's been injured a lot recently so it could happen again and make him a non-factor next year. But I think he will be a good addition and I'm betting he makes it through this season with no serious injuries and picks up his play where he left off in 2004 before the injuries set in.
    I agree totally. On top of that, he's at least as good as Kerney, who's a year older. "Injury prone", is a label players tend to drop quickly. Remember when Bruce was "injury prone"?

blood85 is offline Registered User

DB was a nice pick up, that's about it though.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I went with Travis Minor cause I felt bad that nobody picked him. But really I had to go with Hall. If he can stay healthy, he gives Little a LOT of help on the D-Line.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

James Hall. He's a pass rushing Defensive End we needed.
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Hall. He gives us solid depth in an area of critical need. Plus, any guy that overachieves, always gives 100% and demands the same from his teammates is alright with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast