Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By laram0

Thread: The best news during our bye week.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The best news during our bye week.

The Redskins lost again!

Here's their remaining schedule

vs Philly
    @ Dallas
    vs NYG
    vs Baltimore
    @ Cleveland
    @ Philly
    vs Dallas

Our 1st round draft pick from them is looking good!
    Last edited by laram0; -11-05-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 and DE_Ramfan like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The best news during our bye week.

I think there is a very good chance that their pick will be higher than ours!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

And per rotoworld, Shanahan is packing in the season already and heading to evaluation stage.

I love it.

Following Sunday's loss to the Panthers, coach Mike Shanahan said the rest of the year will be about evaluating players for next season.
    Realistically, the 3-6 Redskins aren't going to make the playoffs. But for Shanahan to essentially throw in the towel on this season seems strange. "Now you're playing to see who, obviously, is going to be on your football team for years to come," Shanahan said. "Now we get a chance to evaluate players and see where we're at." If the Redskins aren't simply going to play their best players, it's going to be hard to project roles on a weekly basis. The only ones we can really trust right now are Alfred Morris and Robert Griffin III.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I watched the game and they look done, they will be lucky to finish 5-11. That should be good for the 7th overall pick.

The Skins are dead in the water... they have spent a ton and mortgage their future. I was reading about how bad it would be if they had another losing season this year...

The big problem comes if things don't go according to plan. If the Redskins don't win a lot in 2012, and enter the 2013 offseason with just as many holes as solutions, then the position of the Redskins just needing minor tweaks to the roster to compete in 2013 won't hold a lot of water. The Redskins have spent more money from 2010-2012 than just about any team in football. If that results in a third consecutive disappointing season with no real room to manuever the roster in 2013 behind the cap penalties and a ton of bad contracts signed under Allen/Shanahan (and let us allow wins and losses to be the ultimate judge of how well their resources have been spent), then the Redskins are looking at 2014 as the earlist the Redskins can compete with Robert Griffin behind center. And that means that a new approach will not be ideal, but rather necessary.
    They may have to blow it up and start over next year, with no cap space and a lot of dead contracts they will be bad next year as well.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

The Redskins have gotten into the meat of their schedule and are finding out it's tougher to chew than they thought. They got by on nice games from RG3 against suspect defenses early on. Now they're having to face strong defenses that have film of RG3 and the hype is dying down. I mean... Carolina slapped them around in their own house. I'm lovin' it.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I just want the Rams in a position to take either the first tackle or receiver off the board. It's like having a second team to support every week....

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    I just want the Rams in a position to take either the first tackle or receiver off the board. It's like having a second team to support every week....
    My RGIII doll has a lot of pins in it!