Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

The Best NFL fans

I watched this video today about the best football fans. And it made me a little upset. the part that made me the most upset was Torry Holt saying that the best fans in the NFL are from Pittsburgh.

I believe that we as rams fans have to support them. ESPECIALLY FOR YOU FANS IN SAINT LOUIS. Now I know what a lot of you are saying. " We are 1-15 do you really expect us to go to every game?"

I may be wrong about this. But the raiders suck. There fans go to all their games. They may not be sold out always but they always go in full force. I drove from Las Vegas to an Oakland game playing St. Louis, when the rams stunk. And the raider fans were in full force. After the rams had beaten them, I had to complement them on coming out for there team. And they really appreciated it.

2 years ago when the rams played Pittsburgh and Chicago. I was watching the game and noticed that the rams fans there had dwindled. I heard more cheers on television for the other teams, then for the rams.

Frankly I am shocked at our fans. Maybe Im over reacting cause i don't go to games in St.louis, and Im not there to see it for myself. And hey for all I know i could be over reacting so Im just saying my peace.

St.Louis rams fans. Please "STEP UP" this year. I really never want to hear a future hall of famer of my team, say that another teams fans is that much better. Get a job, go to a game, be a true fan. If i lived in St.Louis I WOULD BE THERE EVERY GAME. "STEP YOUR GAME UP RAMS FANS."

Love you guys though.

-Hawaiianpunch
    Last edited by Nick; -09-08-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: No links please or profanity intentionally blocked out by other characters

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Re: The Best NFL fans

The raiders have the best NFL based fans. they are really loyal so thats why they are up there. If the Ram Fans were loyal we would have fans cheering more loudly than the opposition which are out numbered every game at the Edward's Jones Dome.

And thats what ticks me off, i would go to any game I could afford. Id give up my video game habit to watch a game. I still am glad about the rams bash thing, and i do plan to go next year. Those fans are hardcore.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

We need something really symbolic that'll engage the average person into becoming a fan of our organization, Steelers represent hard-working people from the steel industry, which a lot of Americans can relate to back in the day and even now. While Raider fans get all the gang-related figures based on their logos, which is why their fanbase consists mainly of thuggish tards who'll be willing to stab someone over the butthurt of their team pride. Any ideas what we can do?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

There is something about St. Louis sports fans. I like to think they are sophisticated. They will support a team that is down, but they will not support a sub par product. And by golly you better believe they will support a winner.

A buddy and me were just discussing this with baseball, when you watch the Cubs, the stadium is full even when they were out of contention in June. Now, sports are a business, the only thing owners want is to make money, thats the bottom line. If you make money while providing a horrible product, why would you spend money to improve that product? Fans vote with their wallet, if you don't pay them, they will be forced to do something. The (STL) Cardinals just had a horrible road trip, but when they came back home they played in front of a supportive and sold out crowd. They will support a team, and yes they will support the Rams, but our boys have to go out and show that they are worth watching.

Morale of the story is that there is a reason why the Cubs will never win another World Series, and its not because of curses. Its because their fan base doesn't care, they'll spend money either way.

I for one am happy our fans haven't supported the sub par product we have displayed the last three years. I'm not going to settle for 1-15, STL fans aren't going to settle for 1-15, and that makes it so Kroenke can't settle for 1-15.

Here is to a full and load Ed for years to come!

(Until we build a new stadium that is)

Still Im just saying. If the people in St. louis won't support them, then there is no such thing as home field advantage for the rams. What do you think gets the teams morale up? Its the fans. Without us they don't exist, neither does the rams. Especially this year, i say come out and support the crap out of Sam Bradford i would be there if could. But I don't have the funds.

If you are a true rams fan you support the team so they do better. People like Steven Jackson especially would love this. You cannot tell me that the players don't respond to the fans. I know they do. The more fans you have, the more likely your chances go up. Why do you think home feild advantage in the playoffs are important. Peyton manning and the colts are a good example. The crowd In Indianapolis automatically responds when manning tells them to silence so he can audible.

Proof is in the pudding. Even Steven Jackson was pissed off because our fans didn't do anything to help. NO EXCUSES IMO. If you are a true die hard rams fan.

We need to bring back the greatest show on turf. Starting with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    We need something really symbolic that'll engage the average person into becoming a fan of our organization.
    Isn't that why we are the greatest show on turf? The rams actually came from Rosenbloom's favorite college team. So im not sure what we can do there. Unless you have some ideas?

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

this is a glaring problem OP? of the 120 home games they've all been accompanied by an apathetic crowd? I appreciate you trying to drum up support and energy but don't trash St. Louis fans. That's not how you wake up a fanbase. You travel to the games and lead the cheers. Don't disrespect a city you've never been to, 2000 miles away. You come be the Fireman Ed of the Dome and then you can have your say about the fans. You invent the rams equivalent of the terrible towel or the signature chant then you can say something. Until then, the only thing I care to hear from you are ideas. Every fanbase is self-critical during the bad times.

raiders fans go to all their games? you've watched all their games? You're comparing apples to oranges. of our 120 games how many were blacked out? 5, 6? The raiders have a tradition, we're just getting our feet wet in St. Louis and frankly we're not off to a bad start.

Where were colts fans before Manning? Every franchise goes through highs and lows, I want EJD to be the best home crowd all the time too but it doesn't always happen that way. Stop pontificating. You're just furthering a bad stereotype and we don't need it and don't deserve it.

First, a quick recap: The men reportedly fell while fighting over a shoe as Rams players handed out equipment and other apparel following the team's 28-6 loss to the ***** and wrapping up a dismal 1-15 season. After plummeting about 10 feet and landing in the gangway leading to the locker room, one of the victims got up and did not require medical attention. The other remained in the hospital as of last night.
    We got nuts and loons too, we just don't get the media love the raiders and steelers do. I hope we get a new outdoor stadium so I can pelt you with a snowball if you ever show your face in St. Louis for this post. Go be a raiders fan.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I really, really want to take the trip to the states and go to a Rams game. The only problem is that im not that keen to fork out the money to go see the Rams play poorly and get trounced. However, with the arrival of Bradford seemingly having the team on the up, i may be taking my trip to St Louis sooner rather than later

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

This is one of those threads where you'd better have a thick skin and be objective or you shouldn't even bother reading because you'll get all bent out of shape. Truth be told, the Rams aren't even in the conversation when you talk about "who has the league's best fans". Forget about their recent futility, they've NEVER had great fans. When they were good in the 70's, fans took them for granted because they could never get to the Super Bowl. Black outs were common. Three quarters-filled stadiums out in sunny California helped provide the impetus for Georgia Frontiere to bolt for St. Louis. And while the Rams drew great crowds during their brief "Greatest Show on Turf" days, St. Louis remains very much a baseball town.

All this certainly shouldn't suggest the Rams don't have their share of loyal, diehard fans- obviously all of us on the board share that distinction. But when you're talking about fans, these teams are head and shoulders above the Rams:

1. Packers- Classiest fans in the NFL. They own their franchise. They will their season tickets to relatives when they pass away. Not an empty seat in the house even in brutal temperatures.
    2. Steelers- Proud tradition supported by great working class people over the years whose lives revolve around Steeler football.
    3. Cowboys- They aren't called "America's team" because no one goes to games. More Cowboys fans in the country than for any other team.
    4. Giants/Jets- NY/NJ is the biggest pro sports area in America. And that is reflected in the huge numbers of people who support these two teams. Until the new stadium was just completed, there was a 22 year wait list for season tickets, & games are NEVER blacked out.
    5. Raiders- Many are whack jobs, but they are loyal nonetheless. Once upon a time this was a great organization.
    6. Broncos- Always sold out. At their heydey during the Elway regime, but still extremely loyal.
    7. Eagles- A lot of them are complete jerkoffs but they are passionate about all their sports teams in Philly.

I could go on, but you get the drift. We have a ways to go if we want to be mentioned in the same breath with these organizations as far as fandom is concerned. Winning consistently again would be a start.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

There isn't much you can do about it. I am sometimes sickened by the apathy while attending a game. After the Rams v Giants 2 years ago, people threw their free hats at the players and shouted a lot of bad things at them. St. Louis is primarily a baseball town - the baseball Cardinals have been there just a bit longer than the Rams. The baseball-first mentality won't ever change - it is now generational. Rams fandom is not generational in St. Louis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Just a note on this thread.

I just read where the opening game this weekend is NOT a sellout yet. Guess the local fans are not yet sold on the new-look Rams.

Goes to show what a losing franchise will do to local fan support. Doesn't matter where it is.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiianpunch View Post
    Isn't that why we are the greatest show on turf? The rams actually came from Rosenbloom's favorite college team. So im not sure what we can do there. Unless you have some ideas?
    Huh?

Homer Marshman founded the Rams and named them after the Fordham (University) Rams as well as using the same colors (Black and Red).

Rosenbloom originally owned the Baltimore Colts and traded them to Dan Reeves for the Rams and some cash.

As far as the topic of this thread, I still come across many Rams fans out here in whiners/faders country. Actually with no local team we have quite the smorgasbord of fans but Bay area teams seem to outnumber all others.

Financially, it is harder each year for fans to support their teams in person and the advance of television technologies make it easier to stay away from stadiums and enjoy a better view, cheaper concessions, faster/more convenient restroom visits.

The only disadvantage is one misses out on the 'experience' of the live venue and the interaction with the myriad of fans as opposed to his/her circle of Rams/football fans.

The Bash notwithstanding, of course!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

ardavandavari is offline Registered User

Winning cures all problems... We start winning and the Dome becomes a very hard place to win.. relax... who wants to see thier team get thier ass kicked. I get so upset when we are getting served up and im just watching from tv
    So i know nobody wants to come down and watch us get served up.... Things will get better... It starts with a win over cardinals

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

It never ceases to amuse me when people from several states away tell people who live in/around St.Louis what kind of town St.Louis is. Funny how no one seems to remember how massive the crowd was for the celebration of the 99 Superbowl or how the entire city went crazy for it.

The thing is, the city isn't a baseball town, it's a city that wants their football team to be good and as someone else said, doesn't support shoddy products. When the Blues were horrible a few years ago *no one went* to games, even though previously they had been rather well supported. Now that they were slowly getting back on their feet, people are coming back.

Is support for Cardinals baseball more obvious? Perhaps, but there is tradition there, the Cardinals are over a hundred years old and have never moved. The Rams have been here a much shorter time and once they get back on their feet and fans see that ownership is actually trying to sell a good product, rather than just put uniforms on the turn, people will show up.

It's not a matter of good or bad seasons, it's a matter of it seeming like the ownership *cares* that the team is bad. Now that it's obvious, people will return. It might take a bit, because people are paranoid and think everything might yet end in another disaster.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast